Wow, this is very very cool! The chrome works really well, especially in the tail lights! :wub: 

I think the seats could maybe be a bit more in style, instead of the Technic liftarms, but that's nitpicking.

I kept one eye on this project on facebook for a long time. This is really cool, I like every piece of it, and the best thing is that it is a playable model, not just for displaying it.
I read that the instructions will be available in 2018. I hope I can build the frame.

This car wouldn't misfit in the Scale Modeling forum. I would even say the topic should be moved there. It's so good, both as a functional model and as a scale model. I love the removable body as a function, and the body itself looks quite strong too! Also the suspension seems to work very smoothly. Very, very well done, one of the better models. And the chrome looks splendid, even though it's not official.

Thanks, but to me it's more of a Technic model, seeing as the looks are somewhat compromised for the sake of functionality. But hey, in the end it's up to the moderators :)

Cool that you will be publishing the instructions in the form of a book. I hope the book will contain some of your other great creations as well!

Wonderful submission - as always.  Your builds are always top-quality but the photos and videos, editing, and presentation keeps improving at such a fast pace.

I agree with you that looks-wise, there are areas for improvement - that is only said to provide objectivity and balance to the comments.  Overall, the build is excellent.  I especially love how the engine runs at a different speed than what the car is running at.  I think that has always been a gripe of mine.   Why add a fake engine when the speed at which it runs is obviously fake as well.....i.e. running at like 100 RPMs when the car is cruising along somewhere.....

Thoroughly enjoyed this build! The video is awesome, and your creativity and ability to mesh together the Technic and system Lego is pro. I don’t think the removable bodywork would be possible at this scale with full Technic. Great work on inconic car!

This is awesome, I can't tell if it's more technic or system Lego but the two combined is beautiful. Not to mention you nailed the shape which at that scale would've been very difficult in full technic. The body on frame is a nice touch and I like how compact you set up the servo and L motors. Very nicely done. 

Amazing! It looks exactly like the actual car! I don't think there is another Lego Mustang that looks so real.

Can't wait for your next creation.

Edited by StudRobotics

I love how the details match up with the 68 Mustang e.g. the battery box in the place of the fuel tank - below the floor of the truck.

Looking forward to the instructions.

On 24/12/2017 at 7:31 AM, WvG_853 said:

Cool that you will be publishing the instructions in the form of a book. I hope the book will contain some of your other great creations as well!

Isn't that what we all hope for? I especially hope that the LR Defender instructions will find their way into the book (no pressure :) )

I have finished modelling my Mustang in 3D, at somewhere around 1920 pieces. The model will be used for a building instructions book that should be released via No Starch Press late 2018 / early 2019.

pony.png