Hey guys,

I’m searching MOC instructions and LDD files for my near-future huge Lego city. I plan of course doing some MOC modulars but there are some very nice MOCs created by other people! I made a list of all the designers I found, I hope that list helps some other people who search modular instructions!

Here are the MOCers with instructions that are definitely worth looking at (with no particular order):

Brick Ative (by @lookl and @Pakita)

ebay

Rebrickable

SteBrick (by @stef2280)

Bricklink

Stebrick

Rebrickable

Snaillad (instructions on sale by @2013-lego) (by @snaillad)

ebay

Rebrickable

Sheo (by @sheo)

Rebrickable

peedeejay (by @peedeejay)

ebay

Rebrickable

bricksandtiles (by @Giacinto Consiglio)

ebay

Rebrickable

Kristel (by @Kristel)

Rebrickable

brickcitydepot (by @brickcitydepot)

brickcitydepot

ebay

Amazon

no starch press

Barnes and Noble

Ryan Taggart (by @ryantaggart)

snakebyte.dk

LDD File of Construction Site

geo.gr (by @Gunman)

ebay

BrickToyCo (by @Tobysan)

BrickToyCo

hermez (by @hermez)

Rebrickable

mestari (by @Mestari)

Rebrickable

Huaojozu (by @Huaojozu)

Rebrickable

2013-lego (by @2013-lego) (his own designed modulars)

ebay

Rebrickable

Duncaadkin0 (by @Dakar A)

ebay

BrickBuildersPro (by @lgorlando)

BrickBuildersPro

ebay

Amazon

The Brick Show Shop

The Brick Show

ebay

andrepsramos 

ebay

TISMSTORE

Rebrickable

Brickstruct 

Bricklink

Brickstruct

10214 Alternative Build (by Garom)

Rebrickable

The Magic House (by valgarise) 

Smart Bricks

Bob's Burgers (by jtam1608) 

ebay

Villa Maison (by @marcosbessa) (found the LDD file on LDD gallery as it’s no longer available in his own website):

LDD File

Train Station (by @LegoWolf) (link to download the LDD file is on his Flickr):

LDD File

Here are some other ones (those which doesn't really interest me but I'm sure that will interest many others)

SkywardBrick

Rebrickable

TheUniqueBrick 

TheUniqueBrick

Rebrickable

ebay

A *Deal* 4 U (by waltzking)

Bricklink

Bricker and Co

Bricker and Co

ebay

Bjor Schoute 

ebay

sabriyo 

Sabriyo Customs

ebay

Bauanleitungenmartin

ebay

Berth

Rebrickable

Soar Brick

soarbrick

ebay

gryffindorcommonroom

ebay

scottcdavid

ebay

sodabilly

ebay

bolbuyk

Rebrickable

deconstructor1

ebay

jval (Need for Brick)

Bricklink

Rebrickable

Fully Brick Models

Bricklink

Brick Vice

Bricklink

Rebrickable

BrickusMaximus

Bricklink

SonicSunday

Rebrickable

Brickalive

Rebrickable

BlocK Shop

custombricks.de

CUSTOMBRICKS

Rebrickable

The Royal Church (by ateameric) 

Rebrickable

Alternative for Town Bridge (by Albertovax Corner)

Bricklink

Bowling Alley (by drtyksh)

ebay

Book Store (by Lair of Maedhros)

Bricklink

So that’s all I found. Maybe you wonder “why he’s asking for new instructions, he already found enough!” I ask it because I’m just purchasing/will just purchase the instructions in the categorie “must-have” . In LDD gallery, there are some interesting MOCs, you can download them too. I hope that list helps some people and some people helps me by recommending/finding more modular instructions/LDD files :classic:

Cheers!

Edited by LegoModularFan
Title of the topic changed for easier finding

I have to give a shoutout not only to this post (as I am one always trying to buy instructions) but also to @mouseketeer. He has a lot of Winter Village Instruction available as well for sell and I have not only bought them but also built from them and they are great! He should be added to the master list if you are able!

Sorry just saw this is for modulars! Maybe it would be great to start a Winter Village thread as well. Will see what I can do in a bit! Thanks for the idea!

Welp, there goes my wallet.

Fenestra, I would love to see a Winter Village thread as well.  I have bought from Mouseketeer - I agree his instructions are great.

Just now, peedeejay said:

Thanks for the list (and mentioning myself of course ;-))! There are some in there that I haven't known yet!

You're welcome, I really like your MOCs, and especially your interiors are incredibly detailed! My preferred MOC is Modular Tailor with it's interesting backside :wink:

7 hours ago, Fenestra said:

I have to give a shoutout not only to this post (as I am one always trying to buy instructions) but also to @mouseketeer. He has a lot of Winter Village Instruction available as well for sell and I have not only bought them but also built from them and they are great! He should be added to the master list if you are able!

Sorry just saw this is for modulars! Maybe it would be great to start a Winter Village thread as well. Will see what I can do in a bit! Thanks for the idea!

Many thanks! My priority is the modulars, although I like the Winter Village sets too. I haven’t  searched for Winter Village MOCs before, I just saw some while searching for modulars. I would be pleased and interested in seeing a Winter Village list too :classic:

The Lego Neighborhood Book by @brickcitydepot has some very interesting instructions too. There are four instructions and building techniques for making MOCs. I will be buying it very soon, and it seems helpful. 

For some days, I was thinking that the MOCs by @peedeejay needed to be in a better category than almost-must-have so I decided to move it to must-have MOC designers who make instructions! 

I hope to find new instructions/LXF files/MOC designers with instructions to add here! 

And if you find any interesting ones, please don’t hesitate to add here! 

Thanks!

On 22/12/2017 at 4:02 PM, SassQueen said:

Welp, there goes my wallet.

On 26/12/2017 at 2:18 AM, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

Great idea.

I’m glad you like it :classic:

This is a very subjective list. :wink: But I'm thankful you did the effort. In your "must have " category there are models I really don't like and vice versa. But it can be helpful for sure! Do you have any direct links to the instructions/websites from those designers?

21 hours ago, BrickyBoy said:

This is a very subjective list. :wink: But I'm thankful you did the effort. In your "must have " category there are models I really don't like and vice versa. But it can be helpful for sure! Do you have any direct links to the instructions/websites from those designers?

Sorry, didn’t see your message...

@The Jersey Brick Guy @peedeejay @SassQueen @Fenestra and of course @BrickyBoy :grin:

I added the links and some designers too. Enjoy!

34 minutes ago, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

The added links made it easier to look up things, thanks for the edit.

You’re welcome, please don’t hesitate to write here more designers if you find :classic:

Happy new year!

BTW I added new designers! 

Edited by LegoModularFan

I could give away my LDD files, but a fair amount of the pieces I used, don't really exist in real life. I could post them to Rebrickable, though, if anyone interested. :wink:

On 01/01/2018 at 7:03 AM, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

Some of the eBay links seem to not be working? Just an FYI.

I checked again. They’re all working. Could tell me exactly the ones which are not working (if there are still any)? Thanks

Edited by LegoModularFan

On 01/01/2018 at 7:03 AM, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

Some of the eBay links seem to not be working? Just an FYI.

Ok sorry, I understood the problem and solved it. Now they’re all working :classic:

I'm in the "not worth looking" category, but just in case you are interested in my builds,  please note those are free to use. There are some... people on ebay selling them. I'am sure it applies to other free MOCs as well...

21 hours ago, Mestari said:

I'm in the "not worth looking" category, but just in case you are interested in my builds,  please note those are free to use. There are some... people on ebay selling them. I'am sure it applies to other free MOCs as well...

Had not seen your two modulars. My congratulations, they look really nice. And cosy, which is a hard thing to pull of in a modular as the ones that make them (including myself), know.

And that function on the Ice-Cream store. Pure magic! :wub:

On 05/01/2018 at 12:22 AM, Mestari said:

First af all, I’m very sorry and angry your MOCs are on sale by some people, I already saw them on sale when I was searching for instructions on Ebay, even some other paid ones are on sale :angry:

I downloaded the instructions of your free MOCs, many thanks for sharing them! But your modulars which I really like unfortunately doesn’t have instructions, if you have, I would be happy to buy and build them, I’m not saying that to please you, I mean it! I follow only the people who have very nice MOCs and who give me a lot of inspiration :classic:

And after all, that’s only my taste, there are a lot of people who really like your two MOCs with free instructions :wink:

I really love your Modular Palm House, especially the blue flowers and the mosaic wall :wub_drool:

I like very much the roof of your garage and the fallout gas station bar is very realistic, I like also some of your vignettes...

Edited by LegoModularFan

6 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

First af all, I’m very sorry and angry your MOCs are on sale by some people, I already saw them on sale when I was searching for instructions on Ebay, even some other paid ones are on sale :angry:

I downloaded the instructions of your free MOCs, thanks for sharing them! But your modulars which I really like unfortunately doesn’t have instructions, if you have, I would be happy to buy and build them, I’m not saying that to please you, I mean it! I follow only the people who have very nice MOCs and who give me a lot of inspiration :classic:

And after all, that’s only my taste, there are a lot of people who really like your two MOCs with free instructions :wink:

I really love your Modular Palm House, especially the blue flowers and the mosaic wall :wub_drool:

I like very much the roof of your garage and the fallout gas station bar is very realistic, I like also some of your vignettes...

Thank you very much :)

I just wanted to warn against that ebay practices and ask everyone to first check on Rebrickable if what you found is sold or offered free of charge by the owner and get it from the source.

After all it takes a lot of time and effort to make instructions for others to use. I don't want others to make profit from my time and gift to the community.

Regarding other MOCs of mine... my children are taking almost all of my spare moments so proper instructions are unfortunately unlikely to happen. But if you and others are fine with photos of building stages, then I have already made some for myself just in case I want to rebuild them. It is not "public use" quality, though.  And I still have my Palm House built ;) (I hope to bring it to Skaerbaek this year if all goes well) so that needs to wait until I dismantle it.

On 1/1/2018 at 3:50 AM, paupadros said:

I could give away my LDD files, but a fair amount of the pieces I used, don't really exist in real life. I could post them to Rebrickable, though, if anyone interested. :wink:

I would love to see Piazza San Marco posted on Rebrickable  OR I would love to purchase the instructions.

On 06/01/2018 at 12:34 AM, Mestari said:

Regarding other MOCs of mine... my children are taking almost all of my spare moments so proper instructions are unfortunately unlikely to happen. But if you and others are fine with photos of building stages, then I have already made some for myself just in case I want to rebuild them. It is not "public use" quality, though.  And I still have my Palm House built ;) (I hope to bring it to Skaerbaek this year if all goes well) so that needs to wait until I dismantle it.

Personally, I would be very fine with photos of building stages, the quality isn’t important if it’s enough to rebuild it... That’s so kind of you! Thanks :classic:

17 hours ago, Legodt said:

I would love to see Piazza San Marco posted on Rebrickable  OR I would love to purchase the instructions.

I don't really know how to make instructions for it, though. I could send over the file to you, as it is a product of my imagination, not, per say, a realistic, doable model.

By that I mean that it's totally satble, but some pieces might not exist in some of the colours and that the print that goes all around the Palazzo Ducale doesn't exist.

The tower alone, though, I bet would be no problem at all.

3 hours ago, paupadros said:

I don't really know how to make instructions for it, though. I could send over the file to you, as it is a product of my imagination, not, per say, a realistic, doable model.

By that I mean that it's totally satble, but some pieces might not exist in some of the colours and that the print that goes all around the Palazzo Ducale doesn't exist.

The tower alone, though, I bet would be no problem at all.

Thank you. I would love to see the LXF file for Piazza San Marco.  I am most interested in the tower.  How can you post it or send it to me?

On 7/1/2018 at 3:02 PM, Legodt said:

Thank you. I would love to see the LXF file for Piazza San Marco.  I am most interested in the tower.  How can you post it or send it to me?

Sure. Send me a previous message with your mail.

On the top of the tower there's two pieces that don't exist in their colours, though.

This one in Medium Nougat (doesn't change a lot with tan or Light Grey and the roof pieces don't exist in sand green either.

I can send it over, just consider that.