Jim

[TC13] Technic Pullback Contest - NEW DEADLINE 29TH

Now.

The voting topic will open tomorrow or so (need to find some time, very busy today), but you know the drill, so you can already prepare your list.

50 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

I thought the start of voting usually gets front paged.

It usually does at the very beginning of the voting.
It will be frontpaged today or tomorrow.

@Marxpek please edit your vote, you have two of the "6 points" given to two different entries.

@KikoTube please edit your vote, you have only voted for five entries. You have to vote for all six entries, in order for your vote to be valid.

@imurvai please edit your vote, you have voted for number 28, which does not exist.

@Lego_Talk please edit your vote, you have voted for entry number 7, which is disqualified before the voting started.

@paupadros please edit your vote, you have voted for entry number 7, which is disqualified before the voting started.

To avoid further voting for entry number "7", even though it is strikethrough, and labeled as "disqualified", i have added one more "disqualified" note.
Thanks to mocbuild for helping.

Voting will close soon!

And I am happy to inform you that I have arranged for some simple (non-LEGO)  prizes! The winners won't be left empty-handed. 

We have some good news and bad news. As usual it's better to start with the bad news.

BAD NEWS
The bad news is, we had to disqualify some of the contestants. Our super advanced AI has found some suspect behavior during the vote and our human inspection confirmed what our AI has found.  We won't go into much detail and we're not saying that these members had bad intentions, but we do want to make it clear that EB is not the place for this kind of behavior. 

GOOD NEWS
The good news is, we do have some prizes for the Top-3.

Your very own...exclusive Pullback Mug!

39521490395_e3158d3192_b.jpg

Disclaimer: the picture of the pullback motor has been shot by myself and the icons have been purchased online, so you can enjoy your daily beverage without any copyright scrupules.

6 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Love the mugs ... sad to hear something underhand has gone on

Lessons learned....hopefully.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

BAD NEWS
The bad news is, we had to disqualify some of the contestants. Our super advanced AI has found some suspect behavior during the vote and our human inspection confirmed what our AI has found.  We won't go into much detail and we're not saying that these members had bad intentions, but we do want to make it clear that EB is not the place for this kind of behavior. 

Your very own...exclusive Pullback Mug!

So some of the contestants have been disqualified, not some votes? Were the contestants be informed already? I'm not asking for details, but it could be helpful to know what happened in general, to demonstrated that such a behavior won't be accepted.

Too bad, it was such a great contest again. Beautiful entries, thrilling voting time and a bad ending ... :sadnew:

Awesome mugs! Maybe the best prices I've seen so far.

1 hour ago, MegaRoi said:

I'm not asking for details

Yes, you are :laugh: :tongue:

In general; it was vote rigging and we decided to disqualify the contestants (who have been informed, and it's all good) instead of simply removing the votes. We think it's important to learn the consequences of such an action.

This is all we will say about it, so no more questions please. We will make an extra statement in the rules of the next contest.

Results will be published shortly! :sweet: :thumbup:

Awesome mugs! Maybe the best prices I've seen so far.

Well...you might be lucky :laugh:

not some votes?

It seems some votes were disqualified too. I recently scrolled through the voting topic and some people's votes were replaced with "disqualified".

By the way; we have decided to ommit Jury voting for this contest, so the results are member votes only.

Just now, Jim said:

By the way; we have decided to ommit Jury voting for this contest, so the results are member votes only.

Aha, now that should speed up the counting process significantly, haha :wink:.

Just now, Didumos69 said:

Aha, now that should speed up the counting process significantly, haha :wink:.

Yup...done!

Here are the results!

@Jim, not that it really mathers, but I think it would be fair to mark all or none of the disqulified entries with the disqualifying mark in the entry topic. At the moment only one entry has been marked...

7 hours ago, MegaRoi said:

I'm not asking for details, but it could be helpful to know what happened in general.

I don't really care to hide it:

Apparently even an honest to goodness vote from your brother gets disqualification. Whats done is done, I wont fight it.