Jim

[TC13] Technic Pullback Contest - NEW DEADLINE 29TH

18 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

One more thing, those are really fast accelerators compared to new ones, I tested a friend's one and it was very good at accelerating, but not speed*.

*i have no idea how old it was.

I noticed that: you wind it up and it releases insanely fast. I need to figure out to regulate it a bit...

2 hours ago, Ludo Visser said:

I noticed that: you wind it up and it releases insanely fast. I need to figure out to regulate it a bit...

I really could use that, but it creaked alot.

I also found that you can’t use one to wind another up. I wound one, then linked it in opposition to an unwound one and it released a tiny amount and then stopped.

id also be interested to know if there was some way of doing a slower release of energy

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

id also be interested to know if there was some way of doing a slower release of energy

a flywheel might work... depending on your planed application.

Aaaanyway I'm sitting this one out, I don't own any pullback motors and I'm still not finished with my technic figure scale rollercoaster (having a bit of a dark age).

Good luck to everyone!

1 hour ago, shadow_elenter said:

Aaaanyway I'm sitting this one out, I don't own any pullback motors and I'm still not finished with my technic figure scale rollercoaster (having a bit of a dark age).

I hope you dont end your lego building, you have a lot of talent.

If you ever decide there is no way you will do it again, just wait, you will want some back.

Darn, I had a model started about month ago, was a monster. Two pull-back motors to the rear wheels, light bodywork with Toyota AE86 as inspiration. It did burnouts!

It just so happens that I have a model in development with pullback.

Just waiting for the parts for details of the body, as all the mechanics are done :pir-skel:. It does mean wheelies and burnouts, just need to figure out how to make a decent video of it.

Are there any rules/suggestions as to what the video should cover?

1 hour ago, TheQuoteMan said:

Are there any suggestions as to what the video should cover?

A standard video would have a demonstration of features, a few different looks at the design, and a few other bits in between. 

The best way would be to look at other people's videos (mine are fairy simple), and make something similar.

Agreed with @mocbuild101.

Make it short and meaningful. People will be watching a lot of videos, so focus on demonstrating the functions.
(that always has been the main purpose of the video, to show if, and how, the functions work)

*huh* I get first vacation in army but eurobrick has allready start pullback contest... noooo....... I can't enter....

7 hours ago, msk6003 said:

*huh* I get first vacation in army but eurobrick has allready start pullback contest... noooo....... I can't enter....

Well, maybe you can. We have decided to extend the contest with two additional weeks. Sorry for the ones who have been rushing their entry, but we do feel that some extra time might result in more entries.

TL;DR

TWO MORE WEEKS! DEADLINE WILL BE 29TH OF JANUARY

On 28/12/2017 at 2:04 PM, Jim said:

Make it short and meaningful. 

Yes! For this kind of simple model I'd say 30-60 seconds is plenty. (I find even with large and complex MOCs, 2-3mins is usually plenty, and much better to watch than a drawn-out 6-8min epic!)

Thanks Jim, I’d only just had a sleepless night where I’d wondered about completely ripping my model to pieces and trying a couple of different options to solve the problems I’m having

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Great, not that I need it, but I'm interested in seeing what things people will come up with because of that extra time...

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Great, I had a vacation from tomorrow to the eighth, and not a ton of build time. Now I have time for video.

Can you have two entries? I guess not, but want to be sure.

Edited by Didumos69

17 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

I guess you're right.

On 22. Dezember 2017 at 10:06 AM, Jim said:

One entry per member.

No, only one.

On 22. Dezember 2017 at 10:06 AM, Jim said:

DESCRIPTION
Build a Technic model with one or more pullback motors. You can't use Pneumatics, PF or other electronics, just the pullback motors.

It doesn't matter if it's a new or old pullback motor, right? How about other motors than PF or pullback?

13 minutes ago, MegaRoi said:

It doesn't matter if it's a new or old pullback motor, right? How about other motors than PF or pullback?

Nope, you can't use Playmobile.

Staff recommendation is using the best one for the contest :wink:

9 minutes ago, Jim said:

Staff recommendation is using the best one for the contest :wink:

Thanks! I will.