Jim

[TC13] Technic Pullback Contest - NEW DEADLINE 29TH

Pullback.jpg

TECHNIC PULLBACK CONTEST
It has been suggested quite a few time, so here it is. The Technic Pullback Contest. A simple and short contest to keep you busy during the holidays.

DESCRIPTION
Build a Technic model with one or more pullback motors. You can't use Pneumatics, PF or other electronics, just the pullback motors.

DEADLINE
Deadline date is Monday 29th of January, 2018. Contest will be closed on Tuesday 30th of January, OR LATER.

Disclaimer: I will close the contest when I see fit and when I have the time to process the results. This can be later than the deadline date. Please don't complain about this not being fair and all.

RULES AND REGULATIONS
The following section describes the contest specific and general rules and regulations. But before that, please take notice of a simple motto regarding the Eurobricks Contests:

CONTESTS ARE FOR FUN!

Of course there's competition, but at the end of the day, LEGO is just a hobby and the main goal for each of us is to have fun!

CONTEST SPECIFIC RULES AND REGULATIONS

• Each entry needs to have a NAME (no name, no entry).
  • Only OFFICIAL LEGO PARTS.
  • 3rd party STRINGS, HOSES and RUBBER BANDS are permitted.
  • NO 3rd party tires.
  • There is NO size limit.
  • Model Team style building IS allowed.

GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS

• The contest is open to all EB members (also new members).
  • Members who joined EB after the start of the contest can be banned from voting (when vote rigging is suspected).
  • Voting rules will be explained later in the voting topic.
  • One entry per member.
  • Entries need to be new (never posted anywhere previously or shown at an event/LUG meeting).
  • Only physical builds, so no LDD or other virtual entry.
  • If you have any doubts about the suitability of your entry contact me, or Milan.
  • All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
  • Custom stickers are allowed.
  • No cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.
  • Entries are to be placed in the entry topic in this forum.
  • Entries not in the entry topic are not eligible for voting.
  • The entry post may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish.
  • The contest might be closed later than the deadline. Don't complain about this not being fair.
  • You have enough time to build. Don't ask for more time.
  • We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow these rules.
  • These rules can be changed whenever we see fit to ensure that people follow the intent of the contest.
  • Jury members are not eligible to participate.

WHAT DO I NEED TO ENTER?
All participant need to create a discussion topic and create a post in the entry topic.

DISCUSSION TOPIC

• A discussion topic starting with [TC13].
  • A discussion topic needs to show some actual progress (i.e. pictures of the build in progress) and should NOT be used to "reserve an idea".

ENTRY POST
The entry post in the entry topic should contain:

• Entry name.
  • One or more pictures (max 3 of max 1024x1024).
  • Embedded video (mandatory).
  • Link to the discussion topic.

VOTING
Voting scheme will be 50-50, so member votes count for 50% and jury votes count for 50%.

Voting criteria are (in no particular order):

• Originality.
  • Looks (shape, color scheme etc).
  • Quality of the build.
  • Functionality.

PRIZES
Top 3 winner will get a medal tag, frontpage and entry in the HoF. No actual LEGO prizes are offered in this contest.

Hi Jim, thanks for another competition with again new challenges. My brain has already started to “wirr” wondering what can and can’t be done with pull-backs. However I’m not sure I’m going to be able to enter this but I’ll try. I’m just about to head away for Christmas and won’t be home again till the New Year.

so for now I’ll wish you all a Merrry Christmas and a Happy New Year ... and hope Santa brings you all lots of  boxes of small bits of plastic :)

I was convinced I had a pull-back motor. Turns out I do, but it's a different one.

Is there a particular difference between them? I assume either is allowed...

Just now, Ludo Visser said:

I was convinced I had a pull-back motor. Turns out I do, but it's a different one.

Yeah sure, no problem. 

I think it's just the before 2013 pullback.

Looking at the model, it's not in LDD. But you can use the mockup in this one :thumbup:

Just now, Boulderer said:

The models in the digital forum all seem to use brick built alternates so, I'm guessing not.  

Yup. You just beat me to it. But it's perfectly usable.

I've come to the same conclusion.  The mock up works perfectly for the pullback sets so, it should be fine for use by anyone wishing to play in LDD in preparation for the contest.

I guess so. See no reason why not.

There's 50% Jury voting and it's a public secret that at least one of the jury members is fond of compact instead of bigger is better :wink: 

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

There's 50% Jury voting and it's a public secret that at least one of the jury members is fond of compact instead of bigger is better :wink: 

I know, you are, that is why mine is small, extra durable, and very fast.

Posting in a few hours, Mr compact.

3 hours ago, Ludo Visser said:

One more thing, those are really fast accelerators compared to new ones, I tested a friend's one and it was very good at accelerating, but not speed*.

*i have no idea how old it was.

34 minutes ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

since rubberbands are allowed, can I use them to make the equivalent of one pullback motor?

No, we need to have equal means of propulsion in all entries.

Just now, Offroadcreat1ons said:

I wonder if a pullback motor is fast enough to keep a motorbike upright.....

Like 42058?