Jim

[TC13] Technic Pullback Contest - Entry Topic

TECHNIC PULLBACK CONTEST

CONTEST INFORMATION

More information about the contest can be found in the general discussion topic.

WHAT DO I NEED TO ENTER?

Please take a careful look at the rules before posting in this topic. Each participant is obliged to create a post in this entry topic. Posts need to follow the rules stated below. Posts not following the rules will be disqualified so please read them carefully.

ENTRY POST

The entry post in this topic needs to contain:

• Entry name
  • One or more images (max 3).  You can have combined pictures (4 in 1) as long as the picture isn't bigger than 1024x1024.
  • Embedded video (mandatory)
  • Link to the discussion topic

IMPORTANT

This topic should be used for entries only, so commenting is prohibited. Please use the general discussion topic for...well, general discussion on the contest, and individual discussion topics to comment on the individual entries.

2. Top Fuel Tractor

This MOC is a mix between a tractor, a dragster and a cartoon!

203606CartoonTractor1.jpg

600128CartoonTractor7.jpg

413569CartoonTractor3.jpg

It does wheelies as a real powerful dragster, so the anti-roll bar has a real utility. :classic: That is its unique real function, but this MOC is very fun! (You can also ajust the spoiler and the bucket)

Look at the video!

Discussion topic

3. Wind-Up Box Pusher

Why is this Technic guy pushing a box? Who knows... But he seems very happy!

800x600.jpg

Inside the box is a 2x6 wind-up motor, which, after being geared down 1:3, moves the legs of the Technic figure, creating the illusion that he is pushing the box:

800x600.jpg

This X-ray style render below shows the mechanism in detail, inside the box:

800x600.jpg

And of course, the video that shows how it works:

More information, link to free instructions, POV-Ray animations, and more photos on the discussion topic:

6. Traxxas Slash

traxxas-1000.jpg

t3-1000.jpg

t2-1000.jpg

My Lego Traxxas Slash is a short course truck based on my Lego Technic Pullback Truck with suspension. Powered by two hard-coupled pullback motors. The chassis is nearly identical - but I redesigned the suspension setup, incorporating a smaller shock absorber with a custom linkage enabling extremely long travel of the rear suspension. I modeled the styling of this truck to the popular Traxxas Slash R/C car. The traversely-mounted V6 engine is non-functional - HOWEVER, you can adjust the pistons into 36 different positions to your liking by turning the 36z gear.

I must note that while this truck is pretty quick thanks to the dual motor setup, I was surprised at how its performance in the 1-inch snow was a letdown. I think the snow is too heavy for the motors to push through. As you can notice in some of the clips of the truck on pavement, it performs much better there. Also, as a disclaimer, the drifting clips do not demonstrate the capability of this truck; those clips were for fun and show. I will create another video with it without snow. Additionally, the ice on the ground combined with all that torque from the pullback motors resulted in wheel spinning, which made the truck lose much of its potential when finally hitting dry pavement. Overall, though, I am very happy with the result of this build. The tire size compliments the dual motor setup quite nicely!

7. Pull-back Porsche 911  Disqualified

Hi guys, if the contest is just for fun, I present to you the Porsche 911 ' 67. It was created in 2017 and makes me happy every day. 
- doors, hood, trunk, engine, gas tank, spare tire, interior and of course, Pull back! Plus a small bonus
I do not claim the prize, but if you rate this model I will be very happy!

On the Youtube channel posted the instructions!

vWkgjUPJLU8.jpg4auCOVJS0ZU.jpgoyH4OLVj80w.jpg

Edited by Milan
Added another "disqualified" note.

8. Mini table clock

A miniature table clock with seconds and minutes hands.

28035111599_a4dd73a4fd_b.jpg

Features Arnfield escapement which separates the pendulum from the varying torque of pullback motor, giving excellent accuracy and stability. 

Running time is 100 minutes (although after 90 minutes, random stoppages do occur). Full pullback motor range (8 revolutions) would give about 6.5 hours, but torque is either too low or too high.

Accuracy: about 5 seconds per hour. The pendulum is very light and hard to regulate (basically needs adjustment after any shock or simply moving the clock) but after its set, it keeps the rate.

Forum topic:
https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/158188-tc13-micro-clock/

9. Bridge

800x450.jpg
The pull-back motor is winded up using the wheel en released by pushing the orange button above it.

800x450.jpg
Before pushing the button, I need to connect the motor to the lifting system. The first switch is to connect it to the clock-escapement to slow down the system. The second switch is to connect the motor to the lifting mechanism (see video below). These switched are placed as its hard to wind-up the motor with all systems engaded.

Video:

Discussion topic:

10. The Tiger Pull Bug

tc13001.jpeg

It is powered by a single PB and has the normal behavior, pull back and release.
The main mechanics can really walk on six legs, but only a few steps with one PB and almost none with two. And winding up the PB motor stresses the Lego parts around it a lot.
To increase playability, I found a compromise where its rolling on wheels, but still touching the ground with the legs, creating an intimidating sound.

tc13002.jpeg
I used isolation tape to create the stripes.

tc13003.jpeg

Please find my entry video:

And the oblige link to the topic: 

I hope you like it.

11. Crossbow

I tried to create something a little different and utilise the “explosive” power of a pullback motor. So here we have the MkIV version of my crossbow. It uses a single pullback motor, you manually pull back the lever to load and it has a trigger underneath in a typical “pistol grip”. I also made a little stand for it for when not in use.

Final ModelFinal ModelFinal Model

Link to WIP topic:

12. Volvo Iron Knight

This is 3rd thing I tried to build for TC13. For my own surprise, this was very fast

My model has

• two pullback motors
  • working fake 4cyl engine
  • it is almost in scale with tyres

800x449.jpg

800x345.jpg

800x533.jpg

Some kind of video

Pullback Motorcycle

Simple but cool pullback motorcycle. Features front and rear suspension, steering, kickstand, and pullback motor.

Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-12574/offroadcreations/tc13-pullback-motorcycle/

LDD: https://bricksafe.com/files/Offroadcreations/tc13-pullback-motorbike/motorcycle.lxf

800x450.jpg800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

Discussion Topic:

15. Steampunk Clock

An unnecessarily complicated clock

800x600.jpg

The clock features an "hours", "minutes" and "seconds" indicator, separated by another "sort-of-seconds" indicator, similar to those found on digital clocks. Inside, a lot of gears and mechanisms to move everything, including a Geneva drive to move the hours indicator and a Scotch yoke to move the separator.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

WIP photo's and more close-up photo's of the mechanisms can be found in my Bricksafe folder and in the discussion topic:

Thanks for watching!

16. Roadster 2

Here's my entry model for the TC13 competition, which was inspired by the real life Tesla roadster 2 both aesthetically and mechanically:

The shapes are very smooth and organic and the fact the car drives mere milimeters above ground, give it a very sporty feeling.

800x460.jpg

There is enough room in the back of the cabin to fit two or three small human beings:

800x536.jpg

The rear boasts a difusor and a small spoiler in the back:

800x513.jpg

The rear two pullback motors power the wheel directly for best possible acceleration. BUT the front pullback motor is geared up.

This additonal gearing gives the model a higher top speed and a greater range, which is a technique I have yet to see on any other pullback cars.

Original topic with more info:

17. IAERO 1800+

Searching  for something fast, compact, and durable? Look no further this will get you there!

Features:

• Pullback motor
  • Durable
  • Fast
  • Compact

Check it out further!

Pictures

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Video

(1080HD needed!)

Thank you, and please vote for it! 

18. Mini Tumbler

Features:

Pullback motor

Front access

yellow lever (what for?)

handcuff holder, grappling hook holder and of course coffee mug holder!

also a Big Red Button (whatever it does, you just need one of those)

Pictures:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Video:

Discussion Topic (with more pictures):

19. Wind up tracked racer

Inspired by TLG's tracked racer, I made a pullback-powered version of it, it has the exact same dimensions but has about twice as much parts.

Wind it up, set the rear-spoilers in the direction you want to go and hit the "GO" button!

The cabin opens with an other small type pullback motor for easy acces.

features:

- working skid steering, controlled by the rear spoilers

- automated cabin opening, controlled by a button on the back

- working V2 fake engine

- wind up both pullbacks at once

- "GO" button, releasing the ratchet

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

video:

Link to my thread:

Edited by Marxpek

22. Twinrotor Helicopter

For this contest I tried to stay close to the TLG style of pullbacks: small and relatively simple, yet sturdy to handle the torque from the Pullback motors. However I wanted to build something not yet seen in official PB series, and I ended up with this:

A twinrotor helicopter, loosely based on the helicopters seen in James Cameron's Avatar movie and inspired by @barman's incredible LEGO recreation of it.

It is powered by two hardcoupled pullback motors, directly driving both rotors. It uses a long gearrack which winds up the motors when pulled out . 

The model features smooth bodywork, some nice details and a two seater interior.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Enjoy and thanks for voting!

23. Pull Back Race Buggy

This is my first entry into any Eurobricks competition since joining this site.

The buggy boasts one pull back motor.

Roll cage.

Removable fuel tank.

I've included a short slow motion video.

39262839074_af76564431_b.jpgside2 by Hordle2012, on Flickr

39973278681_fbb35bc7f8_b.jpgside1 by Hordle2012, on Flickr

39973281751_b14936342e_b.jpgangle1 by Hordle2012, on Flickr

24. Pentagon Clock
This is a wind-up pendulum clock powered by two pullback motors. This clock is not true to real time but rather focuses on features such as a wind-up mechanism, pin wheel escapement and three concentric hands. It has been built completely in-system and can be reproduced without any fine-tuning, except for making all gears run smoothly of course (LXF-file here). The clock has a very consistent autonomy of 18 minutes. It features:
  • A wind-up mechanism - A differential is used to prevent the hands from running counterclockwise when winding-up the clock. One of it's outputs is locked by default and slips during wind-up.
  • Pin wheel escapement - Instead of using teeth, the escape wheel has three round pins that are stopped and released by a scissors-like anchor, which has been integrated in the pendulum.
  • Three concentric hands - Planetary gears and a differential house make for a fictitious LEGO time system with 2 hours in a clock revolution, 5 minutes in an hour and 30 seconds in a minute. 
The pentagon-shaped clock face refers to the 5 minute hour. All features have been originally developed for this contest.

800x451.jpg
400x710.jpg400x710.jpg