Recommended Posts

After years of trading, Prince Kevin the Navigator earned enough to buy a small island on the coast of Avalonia. Eryos Castle is his residence as well as his trading post, constructed on the island and surrounding land. The castle includes a lighthouse and a dock for his ship, the "Compass."

24339020777_4cb8e4dbdb_z.jpgEryos Caslte by KevinyWu, on Flickr

27424555069_b26c17939f_z.jpgEryos Castle by KevinyWu, on Flickr

Eryos castle is protected by an outer wall, and is connected to the islands on a network of bridges.

38323737455_9c6942d05c_z.jpgEryos Castle, Outer Wall by KevinyWu, on Flickr

The castle can also be accessed from the beach.

25334930668_8a4d0a09b8_z.jpgEryos Castle, Beach Stairs by KevinyWu, on Flickr

The castle contains a furnished interior, with three rooms (and hopefully four, after I get the right pieces to change design of the Tudor-style room).

38323651085_79eae7e68d_z.jpgEryos Castle, Library by KevinyWu, on Flickr

27424387679_38245ea17a_z.jpgEryos Castle, Throne Room by KevinyWu, on Flickr

25334791148_6de1b1982b_z.jpgEryos Castle, Dining Hall by KevinyWu, on Flickr

The cave has an entrance that leads to the trading storage.

25334828198_3f41322029_z.jpgEryos Castle, Cave Storage by KevinyWu, on Flickr

This is my first ever large MOC, after making my first orders on Bricklink! It is built on four 48x48 baseplates which can be easily separated into many sections. I built this mostly over the summer and Thanksgiving break, but didn't have time to post it due to high school. Huge thanks to all the castle builders on Eurobricks for making great MOCs that inspired me. There are many things I would change if I were to do this again, so criticism is welcomed! More pictures are available on my Flickr Album

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is simply brilliant. Lush, with countless details (stonework, rocks, landscaping and vegetation), very appealing layout, harmonic colouring - there isn't anything really I could criticise on your build. It is simply beautiful. :classic: Where do you have the idea for this castle from? It looks somehow familiar. Something from a game maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks really great! I love the angels on the bridges and walls! 

 

Looking forward to see more mocs from you!:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow - really awesome work with this island castle.  Those long bridges and the water are gorgeous, and the lighthouse, stonework, and Tudor are all quite nice as well!  The interiors are a great addition too, but it is the cave with the trading storage that really stands out!  A very impressive start to your GoH MOCs - looking forward to more to come from you! :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now in dutch I'd call this "come in with a bang": such a great first build!

The castle is very nice, especially the many angles make for a very intresting lay-out, and although it is rather small, I did spot the tudorwork (there's never enough tudorwork in the guilds, never)! :wub: A very nice style of doing walls and the interiors only top things off! :thumbup: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way to start off your GoH adventures!  The layout with the bridges and all is really good, and I very much like your lush vegitation!  And interiors on top of that! :thumbup:  Great work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

This is simply brilliant. Lush, with countless details (stonework, rocks, landscaping and vegetation), very appealing layout, harmonic colouring - there isn't anything really I could criticise on your build. It is simply beautiful. :classic: Where do you have the idea for this castle from? It looks somehow familiar. Something from a game maybe?

Thanks, Littleworlds! I actually didn't plan much at all, I just went straight in and hoped for the best.

14 hours ago, de Gothia said:

Looks really great! I love the angels on the bridges and walls! 

 

Looking forward to see more mocs from you!:)

Thank you, the angle on the main bridge took forever to get right, since I had already built the height of the island and mainland first.

8 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Wow - really awesome work with this island castle.  Those long bridges and the water are gorgeous, and the lighthouse, stonework, and Tudor are all quite nice as well!  The interiors are a great addition too, but it is the cave with the trading storage that really stands out!  A very impressive start to your GoH MOCs - looking forward to more to come from you! :classic:

Thanks Garmadon! I tried to squeeze in as much as I could in the interiors, and a cave for storage seemed like a good fit for my Sigfig's role as a merchant.

6 hours ago, TitusV said:

Now in dutch I'd call this "come in with a bang": such a great first build!

The castle is very nice, especially the many angles make for a very intresting lay-out, and although it is rather small, I did spot the tudorwork (there's never enough tudorwork in the guilds, never)! :wub: A very nice style of doing walls and the interiors only top things off! :thumbup: 

This means a lot, coming from you! As you might be able to tell, I was inspired by your MOC "Quest to Eolas" for the outer wall, with the two towers and the design using the dark bluish gray 1x1 tiles beside the gate. Love your MOCs!

5 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Way to start off your GoH adventures!  The layout with the bridges and all is really good, and I very much like your lush vegitation!  And interiors on top of that! :thumbup:  Great work!

Thanks you! I wanted to have lush vegetation and water around the castle to make the colors stand out more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heck of an introduction!  I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have for us here in GoH! :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great start ! 

A good Castle with Nice angles and well designed ! I like the bridges jumping from a tower to another, that's great !

Good job ! And welcome in Avalonia !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice build overall! My favorite part is probably the keep with it’s angled Tudor section :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2017 at 7:26 PM, mrcp6d said:

Heck of an introduction!  I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have for us here in GoH! :thumbup:

Thanks! I have another freebuild coming hopefully soon.

On 12/23/2017 at 3:02 AM, Faladrin said:

Great start ! 

A good Castle with Nice angles and well designed ! I like the bridges jumping from a tower to another, that's great !

Good job ! And welcome in Avalonia !

Thank you, I never realized how hard angles were to do before I made this. The outer wall is only attached to the ground by 2 studs!

On 12/23/2017 at 8:51 AM, Gideon said:

Very nice build overall! My favorite part is probably the keep with it’s angled Tudor section :classic:

Thanks, Gideon! I wanted to do the traditional Tudor style with the planks on the outside, but I didn't have enough white bricks! the corners are actually using stacks of Travis bricks with white tiles, but I'm glad it worked out OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woah this is massive, I love the bridges and the central tower itself. The landscaping is good althoigh perhaps the outer walls could extend a bit further, to stop intruders going round the edge. Other than that it is fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2017 at 8:23 PM, The Maestro said:

Woah this is massive, I love the bridges and the central tower itself. The landscaping is good althoigh perhaps the outer walls could extend a bit further, to stop intruders going round the edge. Other than that it is fantastic.

Thanks for the criticism! I completely agree with you, and originally wanted to extend the walls to the edge of the baseplates, but ran out of bricks! So I modified the landscape a bit to make the walls sorta end at the sea.

14 hours ago, narbilu said:

just incredible!

Thanks!

35 minutes ago, Blufiji said:

Very nice intro and a beautiful castle to boot! Welcome! 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a brilliant MOC, with just so many intricate details. Awesome!

 

I love how many details there are, both on the exterior and the interior. And the overall architecture is just at the right spot between "realistic" and "batsh*t fantasy crazy" - of course this would never exist in the real world, but it still looks... kind of believable. Very well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great build here! It is very large, yet still well-detailed. For your first build in the guilds, though, it is problematic; now we will expect large, detailed, carefully-constructed builds from you every time, since you set your opening bar so high...

I agree with TM about the wall ending so shortly like it does, but of course piece considerations are always a factor. The landscape is nice, particularly that pine tree (it would be nice to see some close-ups of that one to see how you did it). My one critique is the roof and wooden supports right next to and over a large bonfire on top of the tower; it seems like a gust of wind would cause the whole thing to go up in a massive conflagration (and where does the person stand who adds more wood?). Beyond that, it looks very nice, and the finished interiors are a plus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2018 at 5:23 PM, Drunknok said:

What a brilliant MOC, with just so many intricate details. Awesome!

 

I love how many details there are, both on the exterior and the interior. And the overall architecture is just at the right spot between "realistic" and "batsh*t fantasy crazy" - of course this would never exist in the real world, but it still looks... kind of believable. Very well done!

Thank you, that was what I was going for! I wanted the masonry and wall/building design to be more realistic, but the overall layout with the bridges to be more fantastical.

5 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Great build here! It is very large, yet still well-detailed. For your first build in the guilds, though, it is problematic; now we will expect large, detailed, carefully-constructed builds from you every time, since you set your opening bar so high...

I agree with TM about the wall ending so shortly like it does, but of course piece considerations are always a factor. The landscape is nice, particularly that pine tree (it would be nice to see some close-ups of that one to see how you did it). My one critique is the roof and wooden supports right next to and over a large bonfire on top of the tower; it seems like a gust of wind would cause the whole thing to go up in a massive conflagration (and where does the person stand who adds more wood?). Beyond that, it looks very nice, and the finished interiors are a plus. 

Haha, thanks, this build is far from perfect, and I will definitely try to improve! 

For the pine tree, I personally saw the design on Ben Pitchford's massive Robin Hood layout, but I believe it has been around for much longer! I suppose it can be found with a quick google search, but the design is just a stack of Travis bricks with stacks of grass pieces attached on all four sides.

Great point about the lighthouse that I probably should've considered while building! Hopefully the roof won't burn down, and I guess the person who adds wood just has to throw it in there :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tremendous castle layout! The angles and various bridges give a very unique look :thumbup:
Quite a pretty landscape with the various trees and flowers - perfect for Avalonia. Great to see you fitting interiors in! I love the storage cave, and winding path down to the beach :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.