Sign in to follow this  
marksable

TFA Millennium Falcon & Special Forces Tie Fighter Retired or just Sold Out?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know whether the Force Awakens Millennium Falcon (75105) and Special Forces Tie Fighter (75101) are discontinued?  They are listed as "sold out" on Lego's site, and appear to be in low supply/for high prices on Amazon.  Lego will list some sets as retired others as sold out and still others as backordered (The Special Forces Tie says ""Call to check product availability"...not sure if I'm supposed to call Lego or call around to Lego stores individually). 

So..does "sold out" mean temporarily sold out or does it mean it's been discontinued/retired?

(I have the same question about The Palace Cinema, which is similarly listed as sold out but not retired.

I ask because I'm debating whether to pick these sets up on ebay.  I'm perfectly willing to wait if it comes back in stock.

Thanks in advance 

Mark

Looking on the UK shop at home site, 75105 is listed as "available now" and "retiring soon" (I imagine it will be discontinued at the end of the year), 75101 is listed as retired, and 10232 Palace Cinema is listed as retiring soon.  Unless they show "backordered, will ship by DD/MM/YY", the sets are basically discontinued.  

If you find somewhere selling them, buy them as soon as possible, I've seen some Lego sets triple in price the moment they get discontinued.  You might want to try looking for the sets on bricklink (they are so close to still being currently available that I doubt the prices will have become inflated yet)

In Canada the Lego Store has had the TFA Falcon showing as out of stock since Black Friday's sales wiped them out but I managed to find a set through Toys r Us, lost out on VIP points but at least managed to get my hands on one.   

I thought the Tie Fighter is retired. I haven't see it in stores for some time. (That and it is two years ago when it first came out.) And I am guessing the Millennium Falcon is going to be retiring soon. I remember seeing some in the local store (Walmart) last month. 

Surprised to see MF 75105 is quietly officially retired at US lego store.

probably ready for new white one...