Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[E2Ch1CatA] The Lavender Inn, Jameston

Ella Hutchins is a recent graduate of the University of Belson with a major in Botany. At the top of her class, she recently received correspondence from Royal Society of Natural Philosophy member and Governor of the Paradise Isles Dirk Allcock inviting her to Jameston to take up the position of Chief Scientist in an expedition he plans into the interior of Celestia. Thrilled by the idea of pioneering the discovery of new plants in Terra Nova, and hopeful for membership in the Royal Society, Ella eagerly accepted and has recently arrived in Jameston.

To serve as headquarters for the expedition, Governor Allcock has rented out the entire premises of the Lavender Inn, a respectable establishment in Jameston. Miss Hutchins is boarding there while making preparations and meeting the principle members of the expedition.

39156591612_b5be0d03f9_c.jpg

Here Dirk and Ella discuss details of the expedition

38476921364_6e3140dd3e_c.jpg

The principle members of the expedition are:

38177194216_f5d281fd9b_o.jpg

38476921524_af4894566c_o.jpg

25318606658_60a4e72a8f_o.jpg

38200270732_663f5f1855_o.jpg

38200270982_8f094ddd38_o.jpg

Licensed as a medium artisan. Additional Image:

Spoiler

38307864875_a5b9bb45a3_c.jpg

I've been wanting to use lavender coloured bricks for some time now - originally they were for Weelond and an Oktoberfest entry that didn't pan out. Anyway I didn't have enough for two levels, but I had some sand green on my desk from another discarded project and I put them together coincidently and decided that they really work well together... well at least I think they do! Not a combination I ever expected to build in!

Nice!  The lavender and sand green work surprisingly well together, and the plants/garden and vine covered porch are splendid additions!  Perfect place to put the sign up there as well, and I'm looking forward to this expedition!  

Which reminds me - I really should get started on my own entries to this pretty soon here! :look: :grin:

It is a gorgeous building.  Perhaps it is me, but unfortunately the lavender just looks like a white in shadow.  Had you not mentioned it, I probably would have missed it.

The usage of two separate half-timber wall techniques (three with the side gable) impressed me the most though.  Very well put together.

Great build Ayrlego, the colors look really nice, but what I really like is the vines there! :thumbup:   The profile bricks backwards for the sand green sections give a great texture!

One word: Impressing!

Your tavern is simply great, I like your building technique... nice addition to BoBS :classic:

That is pretty damn fantastic!

The lavender turned out fantastic and doesn't need texturing anway. The colour-combination works surprisingly well.

The rider is a great addition, and the vegation adds all the details neccessary. Great work! :-) 

On 2017-12-21 at 3:19 AM, Kwatchi said:

Perhaps it is me, but unfortunately the lavender just looks like a white in shadow.  Had you not mentioned it, I probably would have missed it.

A classic example of how the brain interprets color? I too thought it was only white bricks illuminated with a "cooler" light for example from a window, as you often see builds being lit by light of different color temperatures.

Absolutely fantastic build Ayrlego! It's a very lovely build. The sand green works great with the lavender, and altogether, it's an incredible build. You've got this one in the bag, mate. 

But, as usual, I must say, it lacks an interior. :sceptic:

What can I add that hasn't already been said? The lavender and sand green work well together. I like the general size of the build, appropriate for an inn or boarding house. The foliage canopy is excellent, and the minifig choices/posing/etc really add life to the build, as usual for your MOCs. Excellent work, as always! :thumbup: