Rustinidiel

[MOC] Tie Arrogance

hi all, i'm finished my last moc...

i'm an imperial and i love the Tie series ships... for this i wanted to create a ship, a concept between the design of the republic Jedi Interceptor (the ship that starts the future Tie series shape)

75038-1.jpg

and the Tie Prototype (the really first Tie ship)

75082-1.jpg

my concept is a connection between the two design... i think a logical evolution to the final imperial Tie series shape

this is the Tie Arrogance

24288574607_9fa2910c4e_b.jpgTie Arrogance by Rusty B., su Flickr

24288573137_b44f6462fd_b.jpgTie Arrogance by Rusty B., su Flickr

39118383862_962b585e33_b.jpgTie Arrogance by Rusty B., su Flickr

24288573737_00d44ed23e_b.jpgTie Arrogance by Rusty B., su Flickr

the ship has a long wings (inspired from the Fury-Class Interceptor) with radiator flaps as the Jedi Interceptor... but the cockpit is bubble style as the Tie series... there are two big engine with Hyperspace guidance and two heavy laser cannons on the wings...

after finished my concept... i look the result and yes... i find it interesting, but... i'm not enthusiast... maybe the wings are too thin... i dont know....

but i love my work on the main body of the ship... for this i made another concept... leaving the idea of making a connection between the two ship mentioned...

38442804784_a90d15d924_b.jpgTie Arrogance by Rusty B., su Flickr

38442804114_eefee36800_b.jpgTie Arrogance by Rusty B., su Flickr

39151066281_073753c81c_b.jpgTie Arrogance by Rusty B., su Flickr

the second ship is only a variant of a Tie ship... with wings similar of the Tie Aggressor and my main body with big engine and Hyperspace guidance....

What do you think?

What do you prefer?

Suggestion and criticism are really welcome

Edited by Rustinidiel

Really love it but I'd rather see the wings at a steeper angle of at least have more depth to it. Regardless, your MoC is fantastic!

Just now, SCREDEYE said:

Really love it but I'd rather see the wings at a steeper angle of at least have more depth to it. Regardless, your MoC is fantastic!

you are meaning about the first ship?

the wings are in 20° degrees as the jedi interceptor

thanks for the appreciation

Nice idea to come with new TIE designs. 

The first one reminds me of the TLC 9500 Sith Fury-class Interceptor set. The shape is relatively close.

The second design, which is maybe my favorite as closer to the original TIE serie is similar to the TIE Oppressor (without the top wing). I like it.

Would you share the LDD ?

Keep them coming. :)

On 20/12/2017 at 6:10 AM, admiral corvus said:

i am also a big fan of the tie series! 

i like your idea and the first ship. the second is nice 2, but i like the first one more. nice construction!

thanks a lot for the appreciation!

On 20/12/2017 at 3:03 PM, Veynom said:

Nice idea to come with new TIE designs. 

The first one reminds me of the TLC 9500 Sith Fury-class Interceptor set. The shape is relatively close.

The second design, which is maybe my favorite as closer to the original TIE serie is similar to the TIE Oppressor (without the top wing). I like it.

Would you share the LDD ?

Keep them coming. :)

as i said, for the wings my inspiration was from the Fury-Class interceptor... but the rest of the ship is very different

for the LDD file or instruction... i working to create my own website where you will can buy all my mocs (in .lxf and pdf instructions)

Edited by Rustinidiel

over 700 viewers and only 3 user have one opinion?

noone else like or dislike this creation? suggestion or critics?

more opinion i recive, better my creation can be

The first is definitely better, I'm a fan of the TIE series and the empire in general over the rebellion, and have recently started playing around with the V-wing design, trying to modify the imperial coloured one, and the wing flaps remind me of that.

The V-wing is also the link between the Eta interceptor and the TIE series, maybe take a look, might help with the design of this one?

Any thoughts on vertically attacking the engines?

Overall the look of your first one pleases me, I like to think old Palpatine enjoyed sneaking Sith designs and stuff into his new empire.

I love the first MOC! It reminds me a lot of this ETA-5 Actis Class Interceptor concept art. I’ve been trying to build something similar for years, but I’ve never been able to make the transitions as smooth as you did. Any chance of getting instructions from you? Or even just some different pics showing the wing and engine attachments?

AFB6A6CB-D608-4927-A030-DCBF0BF690E5.jpeg