McLaren97

What was your favourite LEGO set released in 2017

Since it's almost the end of the year :classic:, i thought I'd ask the question of which was your favourite lego set released this year.

I'm going to start of by sharing my favourite set from this year, Lego speedchampions 75881 ford gt and ford gt40. This set is my favourite not only because I love racecars (especially GT), it has two very different cars from two very different eras. I think that lego did a great job capturing the distinct features of both cars. That's just my opinion, but i would love to hear yours.?

I agree, I really dig the ford gts. Also the orange mclaren for the SC line.

I really love the entire city jungle line, and oddly enough one of my favorite sets of the year was Master Wu Falls (the only ninjago set I've ever gotten) because it fits perfectly with the rest of the jungle sets.

I haven't gotten it yet (wife got it for me for Xmas) but I'm really looking forward to the Fishing Store.

To answer the question though, my favorite set of the year has got to be Assembly Square.  I thoroughly enjoyed putting that together with my wife, it probably took almost a week. Every time I glance at it in my layout I still get caught up in checking out all the details. I love the scale and the 48 stud wide footprint of it. It's not my all time favorite modular building, but I'm pretty sure it is my favorite set from 2017.

Fishing Store.

Also, Assembly Square & although I don't own it yet, NinjaGo City.

Yellow Submarine (is it from 2017) is another one I like.

Since this is the Town Forum, I will assume that means I choose from any set under this particular theme, otherwise it would be Saturn V hands down for me. 

In the case of Town, the Assembly Square would get my vote.  It had a good variety of elements in it and took quite a while to build.  

The jungle sets were cool, some nice vehicles and parts and the animals were great but my top three for the year would be the Fishing Store, Saturn V and Assembly Square.  This is subject to change when my Ninjago City arrives :classic: It looked great when I saw it in the store and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Ninjago City is by far my favorite set of the year and now my favorite set I've ever put together.  I love modulars of course and this has all the details of those with additional creative elements/builds not constrained to city/modular 'realism'.

22 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Keeping it Town related, favorite 2017 City set; Pizza Van.

Good call, best small set of the year by far.

Pertaining to this section of topics, I too would have to go with Assembly Square. I especially liked all the bits of past Modulars brought into it. And the Cafe Corner tile. 

Theres lots of good mentions, Pizza Van & Ford GT set. The new-ish Le Mans racer is a sexy beast. 

Edited by Vindicare

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:16 AM, Hemlock Falls said:

Every time I glance at it in my layout I still get caught up in checking out all the details. 

I agree with @Hemlock Falls that numerous glances are necessary for big and detailed sets. I realized that I did glance many time at the Carousel. It is definitely my pick for 2017!

I'd have to agree that Assembly Square is a great set, but the reason my favourite is the Ford GT and GT40 is purely because i am a massive Motorsports fan. The city pizza van is also an awesome set especially because it can fit in to most layouts. Have to agree that the service station was a big dissapointment, but it did inspire me to build a decent service station.

For me 31066 Space Shuttle Explorer takes the cake. There’s just something about this set that makes me smile.

I also like the Pizza Van and the seasonal vignettes. Eventhough 2017 was a good year for very large sets, I found most pleasure/value in the smaller offerings.

Edited by Humdrum

10257 Carousel, Assembly Square and Pizza van.
If forced to pick one: Assembly Square.

The Assembly Square might be big and impressive and (in many countries at least) pretty decently priced - so definitely a brilliant set. The Pizza Van though is in size and pricing a much more pure and accessible set: under 300 pieces, nifty details and accessories, elegant simplicity and is just full of charme. It is a perfect little set and therefore - by far - my favourite of 2017.

In a year where I got Saturn V and The Millennium Falcon, somehow Ninjago City takes it for me. Despite never buying a Ninjago set before, I had to own it. It’s just everything; bright, full of character and wonderfully designed. The Saturn V is a very close second though