MnnMtq

[MOC] Das Goldenes Dachl, Innsbruck, Austria (Golden Roof)

I was working the last few months on this beauty: Das Goldene Dachl / The Golden Roof in Innsbruck, Austria. I visited it many times as a kid; now I've got my own :grin::thumbup:

After many years I finally found a way to reconstruct the roof; the biggest challence wasn't the roof itself, but the lack of Pearl Gold bricks to build it.

It's almost build using only jumer plates. It's not a very strong roof, but it'll do.

There's a lot to see, so scroll down to see some pictures of this Tyrolean tourist hot spot in summer and at Christmas time!

(You can also visit my Brickshelf! for some HD visuals)

innsum.jpg

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

s5.jpg

innwin.jpg

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

At the right the Baroque façade of the Helblinghaus, it looks like it's made of candy! 

w3.jpg

innscoll1.jpg

inncoll2.jpg

ok.... the last pic :wink:

nostalgic.jpg

Edited by MnnMtq

Very nice work! It looks like you've captured the styles of buildings very well compared to the source material pics. Even without the gold coloured roof there is plenty else here to be enjoyed, I really like the busyness of the street but those beers are an excellent touch! Nice one!

Wow. The "Goldenes Dachl" is located in my home town, just a couple of kilometers of where I live now! Good job on capturing the whole Old Town and the "Stadtturm"! :thumbup:

BTW: It's called "Innsbruck", without ü :wink:

I have to say the title you choose is not the most suited for a MOC you made. I was expecting a single building with a golden roof, and certainly not a replica of the whole square. You recreated the surrounding buildings very well, and the one with the golden roof is sort of hidden between the others. At least I couldn't locate it easily. Nevertheless, I can relate to your building-with-pearlgold. Indeed it's a challenge with very limited parts available. Have you considered using the round 2x2 or even 1x1 tiles for the roof?

Another surprise was a Dutch posting Austrian town square. How come you chose Innsbruck as your inspiration? You did a great job, and I wonder if you have visited or just googled the square. You createda very good replica of the square, and the perspective of the photos (overlooking the square) is postcard perfect. Well done.

8 hours ago, Capparezza said:

Wow. The "Goldenes Dachl" is located in my home town, just a couple of kilometers of where I live now! Good job on capturing the whole Old Town and the "Stadtturm"! :thumbup:

BTW: It's called "Innsbruck", without ü :wink:

Thanks for you compliments! I think Innsbruck is a fantastic place to stay. I'm in love with the Golden Roof since I was a kid. Grüße! <I've removed the ü>

3 minutes ago, Redhead1982 said:

I have to say the title you choose is not the most suited for a MOC you made. I was expecting a single building with a golden roof, and certainly not a replica of the whole square. You recreated the surrounding buildings very well, and the one with the golden roof is sort of hidden between the others. At least I couldn't locate it easily. Nevertheless, I can relate to your building-with-pearlgold. Indeed it's a challenge with very limited parts available. Have you considered using the round 2x2 or even 1x1 tiles for the roof?

Another surprise was a Dutch posting Austrian town square. How come you chose Innsbruck as your inspiration? You did a great job, and I wonder if you have visited or just googled the square. You createda very good replica of the square, and the perspective of the photos (overlooking the square) is postcard perfect. Well done.

Thanks for all the compliments. The Golden Roof is in real life also a bit hidden. The other buildings in this street are so colorful, I love them too! 

As a kid I went many times to Innsbruck; I've always been fascinated by this city and her beautiful buildings, especially the Golden Roof! 

50 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Beer and hot dog ...what a fantastic details! :laugh:

Gorgeous MOC! :wub:

Thanks! What is an Austrian city without beer and sausages!? Hahaha 

2 hours ago, admiral corvus said:

this is awesome! i can watch these pics 10 minutes and discover new details everywhere.

good job!

Then watch it a bit lonher: there are many details in this build. Hope you like it :-) 

15 hours ago, snaillad said:

Very nice work! It looks like you've captured the styles of buildings very well compared to the source material pics. Even without the gold coloured roof there is plenty else here to be enjoyed, I really like the busyness of the street but those beers are an excellent touch! Nice one!

Cheers then! :-) 

I live near Innsbruck and go to school there too and my jaw dropped as soon as I saw the entire square. You really captured the feel of the place, instantly felt like home when I saw it. Tremendous work.

Now you just need to add a mulled wine-stand for the full "Christkindl"-market experience :grin:

Edited by Dosenbrot

Wow, I almost missed this.

Not familiar with the original (haven't been to Innsbruck yet), but your Lego recreation is stunning. Would love to see some more photos showing more of all the details.

Oh wow! That’s gorgeous *oh2* This definitely deserves two/three pages of comments! The buildings are really well designed and the scene looks so realistic! My favorite building is of course the Helbling House and you really captured everything about this building as for every other building!

Edited by LegoModularFan

Great town, love the buildings and squaer tile ;)  and how many minifigs are on ;) and mountains behind !