This is a lego great ball contraption wave module that I built, I wanted to build a wave module that looked nice. It is very reliable and never jams.

Lego GBC Wave ModuleLego gbc wave module

Sorry that the photos are slightly low resolution, I am still learning how to use Eurobricks. Next time they will be better quality.

Thats a really cute module...I especially like the animated waves in the background. And the moving Palm reminds me of Super Mario :laugh:

I would love to build it someday. 

Edited by Frequenzberater

Beautiful, thank you for sharing. One small comment if I may: The unit might shake a bit less if the 2L ++ half-width lift-arms (attached to the motor) are replaced with cams (below)

41677.png can be replaced by 6575.png

I also like how 'physically realistic' the motions of the waves and the swaying of the palm-tree are NOT synchronized. And this is TRUE in real life as well. The two motions are due to two different physical phenomena  :)

Edited by DrJB

Really cute, kudos for the idea. I like both the mechanically complex GBCs, but also the scenery ones like this!!!

Any chance to have some instructions, or we have to reverse engineer it from the video? :-)

Edited by dellock6

23 hours ago, RohanBeckett said:

is that a single 32L axle for the main drive/crankshaft?

Their is actually no axle through the middle, it is sturdy enough without a axle.

3 hours ago, dellock6 said:

Really cute, kudos for the idea. I like both the mechanically complex GBCs, but also the scenery ones like this!!!

Any chance to have some instructions, or we have to reverse engineer it from the video? :-)

Thank you! I have not made instructions for this module because I am making a large module and wanted more time to build it. After that module I am going to make instructions for every module I make. Hope you understand :-) 

10 hours ago, DrJB said:

Beautiful, thank you for sharing. One small comment if I may: The unit might shake a bit less if the 2L ++ half-width lift-arms (attached to the motor) are replaced with cams (below)

41677.png can be replaced by 6575.png

I also like how 'physically realistic' the motions of the waves and the swaying of the palm-tree are NOT synchronized. And this is TRUE in real life as well. The two motions are due to two different physical phenomena  :)

Thanks! I intentionally wanted it to shake because it works as an agitator, I don't think that those cams would make it shake enough.

ahh cool.. I think I tried doing a similar cam with larger, 70's era pulley wheels, but was not able to get it sturdy enough... could you post a photo of the breakdown of the camshaft?  from what I see, it's just friction pins, and 3L axles?

thanks..  awesome work, again! :)

20 hours ago, RohanBeckett said:

ahh cool.. I think I tried doing a similar cam with larger, 70's era pulley wheels, but was not able to get it sturdy enough... could you post a photo of the breakdown of the camshaft?  from what I see, it's just friction pins, and 3L axles?

thanks..  awesome work, again! :)

Yes, that is how they are made. Here are some photos:

Lego GBC Wave Module CamshaftLego GBC Wave Module Camshaft