Veynom

[MOC] Imperial Turbolaser Battery

@DrMuttonchops very nice result. I really like the extra details you have provided here and there. I can assure you that in an exposition, this is a very popular build and also one you can display close to the public as it is sturdy.

Small question: did you build the interior as well? I did not. 

Keep on building! 

Thanks so much, that means a lot!  I did an interior, but adapted it with the parts I had on hand, not super proud of it but it does the job!  Taking photos of it is a little hard, but here are a few!

2ZBsMXj.jpg  ANQ47BI.jpg

krfhQrx.jpg  X3ml29V.jpg

@DrMuttonchops: very nice interior, full of details with an excellent choice of decorated tiles. My turbolaser is empty inside. This is a deliberate choice for 3 reasons :

1/ The inside is not accessible. Why doing anything then? I had considered an system to open the battery in 2 like old sets did but nothing was practical. 

2/ Even if accessible, the inside is very narrow and does not offer much playability. 

3/ My bricks are not infinite. I have a good stock of bricks but as I keep this MOC for a few years for expositions, I preferred saving bricks for interior of other MOCs that are more visible and accessible. 

It's EXTREMELY inaccessible with almost no playability, you're totally right.  I had originally planned on leaving it blank, but I decided to "furnish" it about halfway through the build and tore it apart to slap something together from my collection.  I left all the figs in my photos inside, but I'll most likely remove them in the near future to add back to my troop display.

I'd love for TLG to make an official turbolaser, but I think it would be difficult to do with any sort of usable play space.  Regardless I love this build and can't thank you enough for posting it a while back!