Veynom

[MOC] Imperial Turbolaser Battery

I finally got time to take decent pictures of my latest Imperial turbolaser turret.

39110982881_cd8e848b80_c.jpg
Turbolaser Turret by Veynom, on Flickr

It is based from the design of Ismael Trabajo found on the Internet and adapted according to my stock of available parts. 

39110983531_217cf5e656_c.jpg

It is an easy build with solid rendering. It can rotate, guns can move up and down (synchronized). The turret can be open to put in to 3 crewmen inside. Kids have lot of fun with that turret and many rebels died to bring you back these pictures. 

39110983901_a78db7670d_c.jpg

39110984521_19ba95051e_c.jpg

And when exposing, it is massive enough to attract the eye while being a welcome change to the usual fleets of ships.

Everyone asking for it, I made it public: here is a link toward the LDD of Ismael Trabajo that I used as basis for this MOC. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vaj7zQ8D8XmhPy3PowN1U9MTxkfBfc1v 
Edited by Veynom
Providing link to LDD.

Thank you for the nice comment. And no, I will not build a Death Star around it. ;)

Nice attempt.

I have no LDD of this exact model but I have the original LDD which I use as basis. As I am not the original author, I prefer not posting it. However if you leave me your email address (pm or so) then I would gladly mail it to you.

Just now, Wayne Grady said:

I love this build. PM sent regarding the original LDD file.

Files have been sent. Enjoy! 

47 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Looks awesome, I'm a big fan of the greebling! How many pieces approximately? 

Around 1000-1200 bricks, I estimate. Based on the original LDD of 1700 bricks, minus the inside I did not do.

This is probably the best one I’ve seen, love these. Great work. If you have a file, I would certainly take a look!

Please include a link for the speeder bike instructions. Also, maybe you should design a small version, like the one in the First Order Battle Pack.

Just now, GrahamSlam said:

Please include a link for the speeder bike instructions. Also, maybe you should design a small version, like the one in the First Order Battle Pack.

The speeder is merely a recolored version from the one of the Mandalorian Battle Pack, with only a couple of very minor changes. 

As for the turret, maybe you mean something like this one ?

Twin Laser Turrets

2 hours ago, Veynom said:

The speeder is merely a recolored version from the one of the Mandalorian Battle Pack, with only a couple of very minor changes. 

As for the turret, maybe you mean something like this one ?

Yeah, a small turret made with more common pieces. 

Hi Veynom, I love this Turbolaser MOC, I have been on LDD all afternoon trying to get this one right, is there any chance of emailing the original LDD? I have a SW lego kits now but I want to MOC up a static piece as well! Your version of turret is the most interesting I have found, but I can't get the internals exact on LDD!

Edited by jordanewcastle

Hi I am new to the forum but think the job Veynom did was incredible.

Any chance to get a copy of the LDD also?

On 27/05/2018 at 12:43 PM, jordanewcastle said:

Hi Veynom, I love this Turbolaser MOC, I have been on LDD all afternoon trying to get this one right, is there any chance of emailing the original LDD? I have a SW lego kits now but I want to MOC up a static piece as well! Your version of turret is the most interesting I have found, but I can't get the internals exact on LDD!

Thanks!

I have added a link toward the LDD I used as basis for this MOC. Please note I did not reproduce the inside and I made quite some modifications compared to the LDD.

15 hours ago, ac327 said:

Hi I am new to the forum but think the job Veynom did was incredible.

Any chance to get a copy of the LDD also?

Thank you. Link to the LDD has been added to the original post.

Thank you sir, great work on the turbolaser!

I have to say, although slightly frustrating, it was great fun rebuilding your version of the turrets by picture alone, I think I got the internals close enough to build without it falling apart!

Edited by jordanewcastle

I have tried to download the LDD file and it is giving me a redirection error. Even after I add it to my drive i get the error anyone know how I can fix that?

Figured it out Safari and google drive don't play well had to use chrome.

Edited by stormtroopercaptain
added comment

Hola a todos mi nombre es Ismael y soy new here.De antemano pido perdón por no hablar inglés.He visto el post y quiero decir que soy el creador de LDD y me enorgullece que Veynom haya realizado físicamente el MOC.Espero veros más creaciones que tengo.Un saludo a todos

On 5/20/2019 at 10:07 PM, Ismael Trabajo said:

Hola a todos mi nombre es Ismael y soy new here.De antemano pido perdón por no hablar inglés.He visto el post y quiero decir que soy el creador de LDD y me enorgullece que Veynom haya realizado físicamente el MOC.Espero veros más creaciones que tengo.Un saludo a todos

Hola Ismael,

Muchas gracias por el LDD. 

You did a great job and I have added your name to my original post.

Wow. Cool. Those are some pretty beefy lookin’ laser guns right there! If I were a Rebel I’d be shaking in my boots! Great Job!

Sorry to necro an older thread, but I built my own from Ismael's LDD file.  Looks amazing, thanks to Veynom and Ismael.

USkOG6D.jpg

I also included @Praiter Yed's excellent moisture vaporator as well in the back corner of the display.

Fs1cQsA.jpg