Sign in to follow this  
erganic_AJ

The Icarus - Planet of the Apes - LEGO Ideas

Blast off for adventure with the heroic crew of the Icarus starship!

Greetings fellow builders and designers. I am new to your forum. My name is AJ and I am a welder, sculptor and sometimes furniture builder. Please permit me to share a photo and link to my first submission to the LEGO Ideas program: The Icarus starship from the Planet of the Apes universe. I have envisioned a combined Command, Survey, and Return Vehicle or C.S.R.V. Here is a link to the official LEGO Ideas page for my project if you would like to see more photos, read a full description, and perhaps vote your support. Thanks!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/0d59308d-9ec4-490f-b646-b9cbce703487

euro.jpg

I love it! Don’t think the original (and even current ones) planet of the apes movies are kids friendly. Good luck still. 

Best of luck to you, especially now since Disney has the franchise under their belt after the Fox acquisition. But like @M2m said, I think the franchise (both original and current reboot) isn't kid friendly enough to be considered. :sad:

If there was only one thing I'd like to see from such a hypothetical licensed partnership though, it would be just a single promotional minifigure of Andy Serkis's Caesar from the reboot trilogy. That or a life-sized brick built bust of him. :classic:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If there was only one thing I'd like to see from such a hypothetical licensed partnership though, it would be just a single promotional minifigure of Andy Serkis's Caesar from the reboot trilogy.

You'll have to make do with this ...

95327pb01.png

If they were going to do anything from Planet of the Apes, I think I'd prefer the stars of the show, the apes, rather than the spaceship that crashes right at the start.

20 hours ago, MAB said:

If they were going to do anything from Planet of the Apes, I think I'd prefer the stars of the show, the apes, rather than the spaceship that crashes right at the start.

Same here, but the Icarus seems like the only thing from the entire franchise (original, Tim Burton remake, reboot trilogy) that would make for worthy set material.

Now I don't know if this still stands after Disney's acquirement of Fox, but a fourth film in the reboot trilogy was announced just before the release of War for the Planet of the Apes; so, knowing Disney, perhaps they would want to tame down the nature of the fourth installment to make the movie more merchandisable? I absolutely wouldn't want that for the next one, but I sort of can see that happening. If Disney hypothetically wanted to make the franchise merchandisable, it would be better if they rebooted the franchise for a fourth time, and leave Caesar's saga unscathed.