Sign in to follow this  
Rail Co

Porsche 911 GT3 RS 3rd Gear issue

Hey I have had my Porsche set for a few months now and still can't get my third gear to run properly. I have it motorized from the front (where that little hole looks like it was originally designed for a XL Motor). Gears 1, 2, and 4 Run very smoothly with no problems at all but when I switch to gear 3 it seems as though there is a lot of friction coming from the gears sets closest to the engine (the set of gears you had to swap for the gears to switch in order). I am curious if anyone can spot an error or reason why this happens. Sine I have motorized it in the front I cannot use the normal way of outputting the gears to the wheels so the clutch gear in the picture below is the output gear for my particular setup.

25209869078_22201f7b58_c.jpg2017-12-15_02-39-54 by Rail Co, on Flickr

If anyone needs for camera angles or shots to be able to help please let me know!

Thanks!

-RailCo

Thank you somehow I missed this when searching for fixes. Implementing the removal of the two free spinning red gears and replacing them with the normal grey gears did the trick! Now my setup is motorized without losing the engine and 3rd gear works! I have rarely had a problem with the mechanism that changes gear (only maybe 1 in 20 gear changes do I get a double engagement). 

Thank for your help!

-RailCo

8 hours ago, Rail Co said:

Thank you somehow I missed this when searching for fixes. Implementing the removal of the two free spinning red gears and replacing them with the normal grey gears did the trick! Now my setup is motorized without losing the engine and 3rd gear works! I have rarely had a problem with the mechanism that changes gear (only maybe 1 in 20 gear changes do I get a double engagement). 

Thank for your help!

-RailCo

:thumbup: