Nolphi Plays

Gigantic Christmas Village

We have a family tradition of creating a Lego Christmas Village with our family. This year we took it to the next level with hundreds of lights from Brickstuff and thousands and thousands of bricks. The only official set we used is the train from the 2016 Holiday Train set to which we added a battery pack, lights and the remote control upgrade. You can visit a detailed video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRMYJzjSvjg

38194010155_e4486144d2_c.jpgPC152254 by Nolphi Plays, on Flickr

24214373897_6fb9eedba4_c.jpgPC152230 by Nolphi Plays, on Flickr

27297919989_29509bb177_c.jpgPC152260 by Nolphi Plays, on Flickr

24214403937_7b0d254cbd_c.jpgIMG_2241 by Nolphi Plays, on Flickr

24214417947_7d1eb29e2c_c.jpgIMG_2237 by Nolphi Plays, on Flickr

38365613224_323af9ab7b_c.jpgIMG_2238 by Nolphi Plays, on Flickr

38365602834_d40c111a2e_c.jpgIMG_2242 by Nolphi Plays, on Flickr

24214324357_2da978e107_c.jpgPC152238 by Nolphi Plays, on Flickr

25208971108_75ee1acde8_c.jpgPC152256 by Nolphi Plays, on Flickr

39075475911_5c69237fe9_c.jpgPC152265 by Nolphi Plays, on Flickr

Great looking layout. It has ,depth and consistency making it a nice little village. I really like it.

Incredible display, I love the overall look and feel of the town.

Does the holiday train really fit the theme and design (colors) of the rest of the town?

Just now, wildly said:

Incredible display, I love the overall look and feel of the town.

Does the holiday train really fit the theme and design (colors) of the rest of the town?

Hi Wildly,

Thanks for the kind words. The train matches it really well. The one thing we still want to do is to create our own additional train carriage with lights. We got the tiny mobile battery pack on there from brickstuff so we could add dozens of lights in theory. I never liked the spinning Christmas tree on the set so we left that carriage out.

An absolutely stunning layout. Very well done. I particularly like the tiered chalets, it gives real depth to the overall layout. 

Wes 

Reddish brown, brick and sand yellow harmony. Gorgeous and massive MOC. The buildings, figure interaction, layout and atmosphere are all top notch. Theres just endless detail everywhere and its all amazing. Absolutely incredible work!

This is my favourite Lego winter village display that I have seen. The buildings are fantastic and very cohesive. Love the village lit at night. Beautiful.

The scale is impressive. The lights in the dark look superb. Good thinking there.

I do and I don't like how all of the buildings look similar. It makes it feel cohesive, but it doesn't add variety either. But maybe in a true village, the buildings would look similar enough.

Either way, Happy Christmas.

I love the non-specificity of the time period. The building styles are medieval-esque, as is the armory, but minifig details range all the way up to modern times.

This is just stunning! You did a great job! There are lots of nice details and still it's not a mess (what happens pretty often with other dioramas)!

Saw this appear earlier on fb and forgot to mention that this is a superb build! I really don't have anything worth mentioning that I don't like about it! 

Nice buildings, cool details.
I love it !

This is very well done with lots of great architecture and scenes. I like how you have gotten the train to go inside the build on the backside. Great way to handle it. There are also some great minifigure scenes spread throughout. Do you keep ot the same and just add every year or change it completely?

My first thought was that it's not bricks. It's just perfect. Considering the popularity of Winter Village theme in last years, I was expecting something else when finding this topic. It's the design of the village, that makes it extrodinary. I like the depth and height you created with different yet similarly styled buildings. The lights are the final touch as they create a holiday spirit. My only critic would be not including more close-up pictures to reveal all the details. Once again, thanks for sharing this inspiring setup.

That is beautiful! The layout is very well thought out and the whole model seams to flow spectacularly! The picture with the lights in the town on is probably my favorite! Fantastic job on this incredible MOC!

Edited by LM71Blackbird

This looks really beautiful. Great level of details and very nice color scheme. Congratulations. It seems that you put a great amount of effort into this village.