Nolphi Plays

Gigantic Christmas Village

On 12/18/2017 at 4:34 AM, SilentWolf said:

This is very well done with lots of great architecture and scenes. I like how you have gotten the train to go inside the build on the backside. Great way to handle it. There are also some great minifigure scenes spread throughout. Do you keep ot the same and just add every year or change it completely?

For the last 4 years we started our Christmas Village from scratch each year. Breaking the entire thing down, categorizing the bricks and then starting all over again around October. This year I think we may keep it and just make some changes for 2018. Lets see. For 2019 we will have a bigger space in the house and then we want to make it bigger still.

On 12/18/2017 at 11:49 PM, Redhead1982 said:

My first thought was that it's not bricks. It's just perfect. Considering the popularity of Winter Village theme in last years, I was expecting something else when finding this topic. It's the design of the village, that makes it extrodinary. I like the depth and height you created with different yet similarly styled buildings. The lights are the final touch as they create a holiday spirit. My only critic would be not including more close-up pictures to reveal all the details. Once again, thanks for sharing this inspiring setup.

Thanks for that. You can find a lot more detail on the YT video we made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRMYJzjSvjg

I will take some more close up pictures and try to post those too

Why isn't this on the front page? This is absolutely stunning. Perfectly captures that warm, old fashioned Christmas spirit I so do enjoy.

I especially love the pic in the dark with only the display's lights on. Truly beautiful.

EDIT: Just checked out the Youtube video and I noticed how nicely sized everything is. I see a lot of MoCs try to downsize to cram in the most detail as possible (which is understandable). But everything here looks to be nicely laid out with plenty of room for the minifigs to move about. Whether intentional or not, it's a nice touch!

Edited by Kalhiki

Details! This is what makes it so gorgeous! When me and my wife were watching this video - we both thought about what an awesome smells probably wake up those lucky families that leave right above the bakery! And a lot of details like that makes it awesome!

The only thing I don't like about it - is absolutely different style train that doesn't fit there. That's why we need official polar express so badly! ))

This is amazing - hands down the best Christmas / Winter Village display I have seen and even more impressive due to the fact that most of it is your own design.

Absolutely brilliant! Very nicely lit up!

I would like to know if anyone knows how the images are embedded so that it says "=name= on Flickr..." and is clickable and all. Thanks a bunch!

Edited by paupadros

"For 2019 we will have a bigger space in the house and then we want to make it bigger still." and it's all big and wonderfull especialy the minifig in the water.

That's a huge but a really beautiful village. So many things to see here! And the atmosphere, the colors, the architecture... I just love everything about this village! Seriously well done! :classic: :thumbup: