skippyfontainne

LEGO Brick without Lego Stamp? Help?

Hello, I just opened the 7067-1: Jet-Copter Encounter set and began putting it together. I noticed 1 blue 2 x 4 brick was different than the others in that it didn't have a "Lego" copyright stamp on the bottom (see pic below)

Is this normal? I also noticed the studs on top, while they did say "lego" were more rounded off than the studs of the other blue 2 x 4 bricks (with lego printed on the bottom).

Is this normal? Have you seen this before - i.e. no lego printed on the bottom of a 2 x 4 brick? (all it says is "3001" and "11-236")??

brick_no_stamp.jpg.67587c4112f6a1d0648eba50abb99980.jpg What gives? No "Lego" Stamp?  Any thoughts?

Yup, you did, only of the bottom. Did you see the links under on that page of bricklink that I referred to?! It might even be a prototype of some kind. 3001 is the LEGO part number so if it says LEGO on top and 3001 on the bottom, what is you conclusion?

14 minutes ago, JopieK said:

Yup, you did, only of the bottom. Did you see the links under on that page of bricklink that I referred to?! It might even be a prototype of some kind. 3001 is the LEGO part number so if it says LEGO on top and 3001 on the bottom, what is you conclusion?

I know, but is it common to not see the word "Lego" on the bottom?

Maybe TLG decided that since they put LEGO on each stud, there's no need for the extra expense of engraving LEGO on the bottom part of the mold. The "more rounded" part of the studs (can you post a pic of it, please?) is probably also a cost-cutting feature, as it would use a smidge less plastic (same would hold true for fewer words on the bottom). Every time a replacement mold needs to be made, the designers probably ask, "Where can we shave off a few cents, while maintaining quality and function?", then implement anything they come up with, into the new mold.

That’s definitely odd. I just checked my set, I have the LEGO stamp on the end of it. Maybe there was a batch of that set that got that treatment...

Looking further...my brick doesn’t have the “11-236” but it does have 15 across from the 3001. Then 238 below the 15.

Edited by Vindicare

That's interesting. The set was sealed?

Can you post photo of top of the brick (studs side) please?

On 15/12/2017 at 1:35 AM, Vindicare said:

That’s definitely odd. I just checked my set, I have the LEGO stamp on the end of it. Maybe there was a batch of that set that got that treatment...

Looking further...my brick doesn’t have the “11-236” but it does have 15 across from the 3001. Then 238 below the 15.

Those numbers just identify the mold and position in the mold (so they can track problems), so that you have different numbers just means the bricks came from different molds - especially with other differences that is expected.

.Henrik