"It's a lighthouse.  It's s'pposed to be all tall and stuff."
"Right."
"But?"
"Did they have to make it look so evil?"

b9dA8h2.png

pAbpgz5.png

piBb8pR.png

0P1YfFK.png

Looming over the Horns is the lonley Black Tower lighthouse, inhabited only by the mysterious woman who operates it.  While all in Haven are happy to see the light of it's beacon, few like to visit the grimly foreboding structure.  Whispers abound that the Lightkeeper worships some dark patron, and that the tower is truly more of a shrine that just happens to require a freshly kindled flame.

Details behind the Spoiler.

Spoiler

TLw1MCj.png

Lw2EZTR.png

yOpyVIH.png

26EhWgr.png

Edited by kaiju

Your lighthouse is very well done! That landscaping looks really good too!

Lighthouses are all the rage these days! :pir-grin:

Great rockwork! I like that you've got some tan in addition to the light and dark grays. And the design of the lighthouse is appropriate for the era. My only complaint is that the black makes it hard to see any detail on the tower. Perhaps we could get some close-ups of the tower and the mysterious woman. Still, nice build. :thumbup:

7 minutes ago, Dukesc said:

Your lighthouse is very well done! That landscaping looks really good too!

Thanks.  I'm glad the rock work is being well received after spending most of the day working on it.  Seriously, building the tower? Half an hour, 45 minutes-ish.  Rocks?  All freakin' day.

4 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Lighthouses are all the rage these days! :pir-grin:

Great rockwork! I like that you've got some tan in addition to the light and dark grays. And the design of the lighthouse is appropriate for the era. My only complaint is that the black makes it hard to see any detail on the tower. Perhaps we could get some close-ups of the tower and the mysterious woman. Still, nice build. :thumbup:

Yeah, I wanted to break up the grey given how much of it there was going to be.  I was originally going to use white for it, but I don't know how to not make white super bright with my rendering software.  I'm about to add some LDD screenshots showing some of the details to the original post.

I really like it (and that awesome rock-work), despite that sinister looks of it! I wouldn't be surprised if a cult emerges from it though :tongue:

Very creepy Kaiju.  Perfect for Haven.

I like your choice of adding colour to the grey to break up the rockwork.  It came off very nicely.

Impressive build, the rocky point looks fantastic and the all black lighthouse suits well to searats.:laugh:

Great looking rockwork and very ominous looking tower, Kaiju. The rocks look very jagged and dangerous, making it clear why a lighthouse is necessary, and I think the specks of colour works really well. The tower itself has a nice layered construction, making it look fittingly sturdy for what looks to be a dangerous location. One wonders what is really going on in there, though... ;)

On 12/15/2017 at 8:37 PM, blackdeathgr said:

I really like it (and that awesome rock-work), despite that sinister looks of it! I wouldn't be surprised if a cult emerges from it though :tongue:

I mean, it's not like creepy cults and occult practices haven't featured in my other builds.

On 12/16/2017 at 4:49 PM, Kwatchi said:

Very creepy Kaiju.  Perfect for Haven.

I like your choice of adding colour to the grey to break up the rockwork.  It came off very nicely.

I'm quite happy with how it turned out (and today noticed the Star Wars Ahch-To set does the same thing).

18 hours ago, Bodi said:

Impressive build, the rocky point looks fantastic and the all black lighthouse suits well to searats.:laugh:

Thank you.

10 hours ago, Bregir said:

Great looking rockwork and very ominous looking tower, Kaiju. The rocks look very jagged and dangerous, making it clear why a lighthouse is necessary, and I think the specks of colour works really well. The tower itself has a nice layered construction, making it look fittingly sturdy for what looks to be a dangerous location. One wonders what is really going on in there, though... ;)

Thanka for the kind words.  I might expand on the darker side of Haven at a later date.

A very foreboding lighthouse with its dark colors. It might not be super visible during the day with that coloring. I like the style and structure of this lighthouse as well as the great rockwork. 

Lovely rock work indeed, the variety in shapes (the corner with all the cheese slopes is my favourite) and colours is nicely done