Sariel

75187 BB-8 UCS full RC mod with free instructions

Note: this is a copy of a thread in the Technic section - it was originally started there, but it was suggested to me that folks at SW section might be interested as well. The original thread is here: 

So, I want to share with you complete and free instructions for modding the UCS BB-8 set to be fully RC. And by fully RC I mean: it can drive, steer, it has rotating side panels (so it appears to be rolling when viewed from side) and retains the wobbly head. Ths instructions are available at http://sariel.pl/downloads/ and while they're completely free, you may want to consider a small donation if you feel it is earned at https://www.paypal.me/sarielpl

Here's the video followed by a link to photos and description:

More: http://sariel.pl/2017/12/75187-bb-8-ucs-rc-mod/

Woaw, that is damn good. I was expecting it to just move with wheels at the bottom but the rotation of the sides caught me by surprise.

Well done!

20 minutes ago, theDeanoRama said:

I had no interest in this kit .... until now :D Well done! As stated the articulation of the side panels really make this work for me.

Exactly same for me. Awesome work. Definitely will get this soon.

This. Is. AWESOME! :thumbup: Great Mod, and amazing control options, and on top of that, you made it available for free ?!*huh* You da real MVP!

This is fantastic @sariel - love your YouTube channel and reviews too.

I have this set already so will def be modding it with your instructions - happy to make a donation to encourage you to share more of these in the future :)

Hi there,

I just finished the build :wub:

If you want to make yours read this hints, please:

missing parts in additional part list:

- you'll need 8 white 30414 brick 1x4 with studs on side instead of 4

- you'll need 4 light bluish gray 32449 technic beam 4 x 0.5 liftarm instead of 2 ( but 2 will do, too :wink: )

- you'll need some more 4206482 blue technic pins, I think I've added 8 - not sure about it.

small bugs in the instructions:

- page 32, step 6: 4 1x1plates white should be used here instead of in step 7

- page 38, step 18: add 2 1x1 plates white

- page 44, step 15: use 3x 6023806 instead of 6x 6034044

And yes! - you should definitly build it! It's very much fun to drive it on flat surface!:thumbup: