Sign in to follow this  
Fanylover

[MOC] Ford GT + Instructions

Hi!
One more supercar... Ford GT.

800x533.jpg

Not so many functions, because I paid attention to the exterior and recognizability:
- HOG steering with working steering wheel
- openable door, hood and trunk
- doors with shock absorbers

800x533.jpg

I used latest elbow parts for backside and I think it looks very cool. I glad to see more elbows in 2018 sets.

800x533.jpg

I tryed to copy original Ford GT engine, including frame and other features. 
There is tiny crankshaft inside of engine that worked by rear wheels.

800x533.jpg

Small trunk as in the real life :D

800x533.jpg

More photos: 
https://bricksafe.com/pages/Fanylover/ford-gt

The first version of this Ford GT was a participant of russian LEGO technic contest "Bodywork 2017" and won first prize.
SBrick was a sponsor of that contest, so I won one SBrick for free and I shared a video, that demonstrate SBrick's functions.
After motorization I decided to return to manual version, because in RC version were too many wires, and I dont like it.

Digital instructions are available at my blog and you can use rebrickable to see parts list.
Price: 5 euros for 2 PDF instructions (Red & Black versions together)

Edited by Fanylover
The first pictures was changed

Excellent work! The bodywork is the best I've ever seen: Both functional and rigid. Hats off :thumbup:!

Love it: small, clean and recognizable:thumbup:

This is really really well done. Everything is in its place, and design and function meet. Extremely well done once again!!!!  HOF worthy absolutely!  :wub::wub::wub:

Excellent job and best looking 1:10? scale model available.

A few critiques though.  The front and side pillars look too thick with two rows of red.  I would change one of them to black as the black car it is not as noticeable.  Also on the red car, I would add black pieces in the area of the intakes in front of the rear wheels.  Although it may be a little too thick for this scale, I really like the use of the 90 deg. elbow on the rear.

:thumbup:

Edited by technic_addict
typo

1 hour ago, technic_addict said:

Excellent job and best looking 1:10? scale model available.

I´d rather say „best looking Technic supercar in 1/12 scale“ :thumbup::thumbup:! There are very few MOCS out there 21 studs wide, but they are so cute if executed well! 

Recently I´ve made an attempt too, honestly after having seen this one – and I found the task for the bodywork is not easy at all because I´m used to use panels wherever possible.. Different story about building a 21-wide non-suspended RWD chassis, it´s not too difficult. Too bad the PF chassis is not being presended here or in a separate instruction / section.. @Artemy: would you mind to share pictures of it? I like the black PF version with LED lights shown in the excellent video far more and btw - the driving performance is just perfect :wub:!

Oh, and I hope you won´t mind if I repost some pictures after adding some intensity to the red colour :wink:..

800x533.jpg

640x426.jpg

Edited by brunojj1

This is one of the few MOC cars that use those wheels, which are the biggest I've got for road cars, so this is definitiely going on my To Build list!

8 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

I´d rather say „best looking Technic supercar in 1/12 scale“ :thumbup::thumbup:!

Yes, I realized after I posted it was smaller that 1:10 scale.  I don't have any MOC's build at that scale, but may now have to consider building this one and madoca's Corvette C3 Stingray.

6 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

Oh, and I hope you won´t mind if I repost some pictures after adding some intensity to the red colour :wink:..

I don't mind, it's ok) 
Thank you for your opinion, I understand that people like PF models more than manual.... but I think that everyone have unique point of view how motors and other PF units must be placed.
In this model there is central assembly (engine with dashboard) that can be easy detached from body and you can add motors as you want. 
If I have a time, I will share pictures of my PF Ford GT soon.

The Ford GT is one of my top 10 favorite cars, and this is now also on my list of top 10 favorite Lego models! Outstanding work on all the details! All the working features are incredible! How long did it take for you to finish it?

Looks great! Do you think it would be difficult to incorporate a mini engine into your model? Kind of like this little one that Paul has in his Balisong car? It would be a tad smaller since the older Ford GT has 8 cylinders and the new ones have 6.

bali01.jpg

Edited by Meatman

I like this alot!

I am not usually a fan of too much paneling on Technic (haha yea I know you won a trophy for it) but this looks great! 

and :wub: those seats!

10 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

The Ford GT is one of my top 10 favorite cars, and this is now also on my list of top 10 favorite Lego models! Outstanding work on all the details! All the working features are incredible! How long did it take for you to finish it?

Thank you! It taken about 3-4 months, I did not every day work on it, it could be finished faster.

10 hours ago, Meatman said:

Looks great! Do you think it would be difficult to incorporate a mini engine into your model? Kind of like this little one that Paul has in his Balisong car? It would be a tad smaller since the older Ford GT has 8 cylinders and the new ones have 6.

Nice idea! I think it's nessesary to remove blue panels to fit Paul's engine in my Ford. Scale looks similar.

Edited by Fanylover
MultiQuote

Vey nice :thumbup:

Impressive turning radius, very smooth bodywork lines and to have all these opening elements at this scale is impressive.

I really like the 'rollcage' like structure around the engine.