Hang The Rules
Rescued Shipwright
Shipwright's Office
The Komodo Dragon
"Because They're Pirates!"
Fish Market

27215135399_cab937ff21_s.jpgStop him!

BoBS The Trial of Sinbad

Court was in session in King's Harbor. The honorable judge Wilkinsen was presiding over a case involving a smuggler when a commotion broke out.

BoBS The Trial of Sinbad

27215134619_8b9facb92e_s.jpgPlease sirs, you're interrupting a court of law! Mind your manners!

BoBS The Trial of Sinbad

25121026948_bbcdd937ec_s.jpgYour honor, I'm trying to submit myself to the court, but these ruffians wouldn't allow me in!

27215134619_8b9facb92e_s.jpgAnd rightfully so! Order must be upheld! Court proceedings cannot be interrupted just to meet the needs of one individual! But since all decorum has already been forgotten, pray tell why you wish to see me?

25121026948_bbcdd937ec_s.jpgI am Sinbad the Pirate, and I've heard that I am a wanted man in Corrington.

27215135399_cab937ff21_s.jpgIt's true sir! He is guilty of the most heinous of crimes against the crown!

25121026948_bbcdd937ec_s.jpgIf this is true, then let me stand trial. I have nothing to hide.

27215134619_8b9facb92e_s.jpgA pirate you may be, but we believe in upholding law and order here in Corrington, so you will be tried by a jury of your peers.

BoBS The Trial of Sinbad

27215135399_cab937ff21_s.jpgHear ye, hear ye! Court is now in session!

27215134619_8b9facb92e_s.jpgPirate Sinbad, you are charged with attacking Corrington vessels while being unprovoked and without cause. How do you plead?

25121026948_bbcdd937ec_s.jpgIf I may sir, I'd like my lawyer to answer that.

BoBS The Trial of Sinbad

Sinbad had rescued 3 men from the gallows. One of those men was Hamilton, a skilled lawyer who had acquitted all his cases to-date. He had been found sleeping with another man's wife in Oleon which had given him a death sentence. But Sinbad knew he would need a specially talented man if he ever went to court so he rescued him.

25121026848_cb35b1644e_s.jpgI will be defending this honest man. And my client is not guilty, as I will here prove.

And so the trial began.

To be continued...

Ah, the spectacle of a public trial. Wonderful! I like the sound of this already.

Great start to the story; I love the background on Hamilton. And I like the courtroom build, especially the jury box and how you have hinged the build for theater-like viewing. :thumbup:

Send everybody to jail! Our Gods will deem them innocent or guilty!!!

P.S: That (constable?) face screaming "stop him" is really giving me the shivers! Heheheehe!

Neat courtroom scene and good collection of characters. It's laid out really well and I like the colors. Do my eyes deceive me or is the base dark green? And is the lawyer's wig standard in that tan color?

As for the story... :look:

At last that rascal decided to face his doom... and probably he is going to watch daisies grow from below! 

OOC: Great scene! I especially like the slightly curved wall and the minifig posing. :classic: I’m looking forward to seeing how the story will continue!

2 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Neat courtroom scene and good collection of characters. It's laid out really well and I like the colors. Do my eyes deceive me or is the base dark green? And is the lawyer's wig standard in that tan color?

As for the story... :look:

Yep, dark green base! And the wig is in tan, it came on one of the Nexoknight bots.

An interesting development to be sure. Hopefully Sinbad knows what he's doing by surrendering himself to the authorities. 

You have a nice, clean MOC with all the necessary components. The walls could use a bit more detail, but overall it's a solid build. 

Firstly the build, I like it - relatively simple, yet the hinged floor really adds a lot. The nice smooth tan walls also work quite well with the wooden floor and furniture. Minifigs are really well done as well, and I wasn't aware that wig came in tan - very nice! (*sigh*, BL here I come... again!)

However story-wise, I believe I speak for most of Corrington when I express that we as a faction a bit surprised and confused by the story.

For example, To the best of my knowledge Sinbad is not a wanted man in Corrington, we have certainly never issued a warrant for his arrest, nor are there any court sessions currently underway in King's Harbour (Mooreton Bay however is another story :pir-classic:)

I don't mean to come over as rude or as an obstructionist, and indeed I am very interested in where this story will go, but I do have concerns that my factions interests are at danger of being misrepresented IC - and I know I am not the only Corrie to have these concerns.

I'll admit that I am not very experienced in role playing games (this is the only one I've ever really played), but if I was planning a build where I was going to have a character speak on behalf of an official from another faction (eg a judge), I would consider it necessary to at the very least sound that faction's leadership out before I did so. Indeed I do it even within our faction between players (eg. I contacted Mesabi before my last build where one of my characters detains one of his and we discussed how we'd present it before I posted).

Anyway, my point is that I believe we would certainly encourage a collaboration here, or even just a continuation of your own story if our faction leadership was informed of your intent before hand - can you clarify the points I have raised above?

On 12/13/2017 at 4:07 AM, Ayrlego said:

Firstly the build, I like it - relatively simple, yet the hinged floor really adds a lot. The nice smooth tan walls also work quite well with the wooden floor and furniture. Minifigs are really well done as well, and I wasn't aware that wig came in tan - very nice! (*sigh*, BL here I come... again!)

However story-wise, I believe I speak for most of Corrington when I express that we as a faction a bit surprised and confused by the story.

For example, To the best of my knowledge Sinbad is not a wanted man in Corrington, we have certainly never issued a warrant for his arrest, nor are there any court sessions currently underway in King's Harbour (Mooreton Bay however is another story :pir-classic:)

I don't mean to come over as rude or as an obstructionist, and indeed I am very interested in where this story will go, but I do have concerns that my factions interests are at danger of being misrepresented IC - and I know I am not the only Corrie to have these concerns.

I'll admit that I am not very experienced in role playing games (this is the only one I've ever really played), but if I was planning a build where I was going to have a character speak on behalf of an official from another faction (eg a judge), I would consider it necessary to at the very least sound that faction's leadership out before I did so. Indeed I do it even within our faction between players (eg. I contacted Mesabi before my last build where one of my characters detains one of his and we discussed how we'd present it before I posted).

Anyway, my point is that I believe we would certainly encourage a collaboration here, or even just a continuation of your own story if our faction leadership was informed of your intent before hand - can you clarify the points I have raised above?

First, let me say that this entire response is out-of-character. Let me also add that my comments are not directed specifically at you Ayrlego, though I hope they answer your concerns.

I joined BoBS because I like to write stories and build Lego to go with it. My main purpose of this build was to write a story set in the BoBS universe. I never intended to say that there was an actual court session going on in King's Harbor. And if we have mechanics dictating what days of the year there are actual court sessions in BoBS, then this game is even more complex than I thought (and it's already complex). 

And Sinbad is a wanted man in Corrington if @Bregir speaks for you, and if we are keeping things of an in-character perspective:

On 11/16/2017 at 4:19 AM, Bregir said:

"I regret to inform you that Corrington is under attack.
"Harvester"
"Viper
"Pineapple  Revenge"
"
Cardinal
Misfortune's Revenge

Two are my ships, two are faction ships (and as faction leader I am held responsible for their actions) and 1 is from another Sea Rat. So 4/5 ships were denounced by Bregir as being enemies of Corrington.

You can believe that my intent is not to put words into Corrington's mouth. Through my builds I'm trying to have a fun interaction with the events that are happening and I will end them in such a way that everyone's "honor" is still intact. 

It has never been the Sea Rats' intention to single out Corrington. We aren't trying to start a war with you. But neither will we stop pursing one of our only sources of income just because Bregir demands it. Seriously, if Corrington wants to single us out we don't mind. That's just part of the game. I've just been trying to add some story background into how a Sea Rat character would react. We don't want to go all "Flint-at-the-beginning-of-season-3" on you so I've come up with a Sea Rat based story to show a different kind of reaction. Please take my builds regarding this "trial" as such. 

Oh, and Part 2 is up.

Good build. And had it been a Sea Rat courtroom, I would be interested to follow the proceedings. Right now, I find it hard to see how I can possibly accept this as "lore" of BoBS. And here I represent the opinion of Corrington - we are frustrated. :pir-sceptic:

My two (+...) cents on this issue.

• Fletcher's communications to the Sea Rats are not those of a single person, but that of official Corrington. We are not like the Sea Rats, but actually have a common governmental policy. We are still waiting for some IC Sea Rat response, btw. It will determine how we act next MRCA.
  • The first rule of roleplay etiquette is to never dictate the reaction of others (unless specifically agreed beforehand). You play your own actions and let others react, and should of course be willing to accept any reasonable reaction and consequence of your actions. In this case, you are playing the reactions of the court, and so far (including part 2) I do not see how Corrington can come out of this with our "honour" intact. It seems to me like you are making a mock of our judicial system. We may of course all be wrong, and you will surprise us with some story twist that makes us all happy, but since we have heard nothing of this, we can only react to what we see.
  • If Sinbad IC really surrendered himself to Corlander authorities and testified that he was responsible for the piratical actions of 4 out of the 5 ships identified as pirates, I see no other outcome than conviction and death penalty. Unless he produces legitimate Letters of Marque against Corrington, which would likely mean war between Corrington and the Issuer, and probably the Sea Rats too. And in that case, he would be a prisoner of war. I cannot see what options I am missing here.

13 hours ago, Bregir said:
  •  I cannot see what options I am missing here.

Anarchy, chaos, and pandemonium come to mind :pir-grin:

But seriously, I'm trying to depict just one courtroom, not the whole Corrington legal system. You're telling me that there isn't 1 crocked judge in all of Corrington? And that there is only 1 courtroom in all of King's Harbor?

1 minute ago, MKJoshA said:

Anarchy, chaos, and pandemonium come to mind :pir-grin:

But seriously, I'm trying to depict just one courtroom, not the whole Corrington legal system. You're telling me that there isn't 1 crocked judge in all of Corrington? And that there is only 1 courtroom in all of King's Harbor?

I am telling you it is not up to you to decide.