aukevin

My Christmas Village with newly added Ski Lodge and Resort for 2017

I wanted to share with you my Christmas village for 2017.  This year my main additions are a ski lodge and resort area, the new official Winter Station (expanded), and a new city block made of Creator 3-in-1 sets. 

Here is a video tour of the village:

Below are some of my favorite pics of the new stuff.  Trying not to overload you with too many (but probably still did), but all the photos can be found in my Flickr album:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/42918210@N02/albums/72157690735608385/with/38211832374/

I guess I'll start with the ski lodge.  It and the ski lift were a big challenge for me this year.  I'm not a master builder by any means, but it was a lot of fun putting it together.  The lodge is pretty crammed full on the inside with a sitting area, cafe area, and ski rental spot. 

LEGO Christmas Village and Snow Resort 2017

Here is the front of the lodge with some skis being delivered, car by @de-marco:

Inside the lodge:

Little coffee shop inside:

Ski rentals and lockers:

Hitting the slopes:

I purchased some of the Friends ski related sticker sheets to help around the resort, like here at the ski lift operator shack:

These are the Friends Ski Chalet sets that have been recolored.  Thanks to @Cheatay for the LDDs to get these started:

Taking a ride on the ski lift.  Unfortunately, no the ski lift is not operational.  That would be ideal and may be one day in the future but I will have to get a lot better at the technic side of MOCs. The chair design was inspired by @twigman

Sitting atop the ski slopes of course is the North Pole:

Now heading into town we have the Winter Station that I expanded:

LEGO Christmas Village and Snow Resort 2017LEGO Christmas Village and Snow Resort 2017

Coming home for Christmas:

Christmas tree farm:

Carolers:

38964400381_d16d252932_b.jpg

Creator 3-in-1 sets in the holiday spirit.  Cars by @de-marco

LEGO Christmas Village and Snow Resort 2017LEGO Christmas Village and Snow Resort 2017

I actually have another train station on the "city" side of town:

Here is a grand shot of the whole village:

That's just a few of my favorite pics.  Be sure to check out the video to get a tour of the whole town. 

You can also see many more photos in my Flickr album:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/42918210@N02/albums/72157690735608385/with/38211832374/

Eurobricks provides so much inspiration for my village, I wanted to thank you all.  I want to credit as many as I can for the inspiration.  The expanded train cars was done last year by @mouseketeer.  The sidewalk pattern was from @alex54@Alebricks has just an awesome diorama that has inspired me as well. 

Thanks for looking!

Great winter display! The ski slope and lodge turned out really well and who doesn't like a train tunnel under a mountain. The new Friends chalets fit in perfectly with the diorama. Happy Holidays.

On 12/25/2017 at 7:31 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

That is amazing. I dream of having a Winter Village anywhere near as cool as this. 

Hey, where did you get the white baseplates?

Thanks!  Some are off-brand from ebay and some are spray painted.  

On 12/26/2017 at 9:53 PM, Blk69 said:

Nice, I like the hot tube the best.  Give your mini figs a chance to warm up after all that skiing.  Great job. 

Thanks!  yeah I love the hot tub too :)

This is so good - I just love the little details such as the injured skier with his banana skin motif jumper, and also how you have stuck with lego to make the ski slope, and the recoloured Friends ski sets - I love it all.