Bonaparte

Eurobricks Event 2018 - Sign-up topic

1 hour ago, Jim said:

We drink beer, build LEGO and spit gummy rats. In a nutshell :laugh:

Sounds like a blast! Unfortunately I don't think many bars will serve 15 year olds :) Maybe I'll see you there in a couple of years. Thanks. 

I am in, no extras for me, need to share a chalet with people (and preferably not the responsible person).

I'm in! Only me coming as usual, my kid is still too young. Need a a place in a in a room or chalet or something, could be the responsible person if necessary.

With all the nice and familiar people signing up I have too!

So it will be me and I also need a room to share.

Other info for me is that I have no clue what I will be doing for a job in May 2018 since I will just finish Uni in March...So I have no clue about vacation yet. But I will just make it possible somehow :wink:

Sounds good for me Varionaut!

On 11.12.2017 at 8:06 AM, Vaionaut said:

Maybe as last year with Holodoc and Skalldyr again? Or Aredhel & Co.?

35 minutes ago, Skalldyr said:

With all the nice and familiar people signing up I have too!

This makes me very happy :thumbup:

We can do that UCS Millennium Falcon blind build after all :wink: :tongue:

17 hours ago, MovieMocs said:

Sounds like a blast! Unfortunately I don't think many bars will serve 15 year olds :) Maybe I'll see you there in a couple of years. Thanks. 

In a couple of years, the Eurobricks bar will be happy to serve you :wink: 

Signing up! Probably won’t make it there until Sunday evening, but will be there for the majority of the fun. Planning to share a Norwegian room with eiker86, LegoFjotten and Quarryman. Just talked to the Holiday Village booking office, and they said we’d need to book an 8-person room for four adult men. But they obviously don’t all agree on this, so we’ll try to sneak into a 5-person room (because the 8-person room is more than 1200€ for four nights). Apparently, the bunk beds aren’t for adults. Luckily we’re all tiny and super slim.

First of all I'm in, too! :wub_drool:

I'll be on my own this time, most probably travelling with Aredhel once again. :sweet:
Anyone from the Netherlands/Belgium (if you manage to get to my place which is very close to Venlo [NL]) needs a lift? Let me know.

I'd be happy to take the chalet-responsible part again. After all it isn't complicated. :wink:
I'm fine with any suggestions of sharing the room.

@Ryushi: Did you change your nickname? *huh*

19 hours ago, MovieMocs said:

Actually not everyone drinks beer at the event (the Dutch people might be an exception :tongue::devil:).
Besides that I don't think there is an age limitation on any of the parts we take part in.

Just now, Holodoc said:

Actually not everyone drinks beer at the event (the Dutch people might be an exception :tongue::devil:).
Besides that I don't think there is an age limitation on any of the parts we take part in.

True that. Well, one of the main events has an age limit. But that's more for babies & toddlers. Other than that; everyone is welcome!

Even zeeee Germans :laugh: :wink:

18 hours ago, NateDias said:

I’m in please, for the whole event. With a plus 1-my friend Steve. Accommodation being sorted :) 

You have that supercool TV tag we've created a while ago :sweet: :thumbup:

50 minutes ago, L@go said:

Apparently, the bunk beds aren’t for adults. 

Any confirmation on this? That may change our plans...

49 minutes ago, Holodoc said:

First of all I'm in, too! :wub_drool:

I'll be on my own this time, most probably travelling with Aredhel once again. :sweet:
Anyone from the Netherlands/Belgium (if you manage to get to my place which is very close to Venlo [NL]) needs a lift? Let me know.

I'd be happy to take the chalet-responsible part again. After all it isn't complicated. :wink:

@Ryushi: Did you change your nickname? *huh*

Yes I changed my nickname to match some of my other logins/ online personas...some people kept bringing it up that I should merge my online personas/personalities.

I am down to "only" 7 different nicknames/usernames now...

I can probably fit the bunkbed kid sizes... but I am small

1 hour ago, L@go said:

Just talked to the Holiday Village booking office, and they said we’d need to book an 8-person room for four adult men. But they obviously don’t all agree on this, so we’ll try to sneak into a 5-person room (because the 8-person room is more than 1200€ for four nights). Apparently, the bunk beds aren’t for adults. Luckily we’re all tiny and super slim.

Oh, the lady on the phone told me something different. So I've booked the 5 person room and we'll simply ask for the key without making it explicit that we are with 5 adults. I hope this will work out. In any case I can bring some air mattresses in case they make a big fuss out of adults using the bunk beds.

On 12/11/2017 at 5:37 PM, Jim said:

We drink beer, build LEGO and spit gummy rats. In a nutshell :laugh:

Jim, I hope PR is not your day job!!

Was there a change in the accomodation since two years ago? I don't remember there was a problem with adults on bunk beds. I shared the cottage with Calanon and Hening, and I don't remember them having problems with bunk beds. According to the booking, 5 adults can either have the 8-person room or a tent pitch.*huh* On the other hand, Ninjago cabin has 6 beds, but is offered only for 4 adults. I guess we should just ''forget'' to say we're all adults. Afterall, we playbuild with LEGO. :grin:

3 hours ago, Bonaparte said:

Oh, the lady on the phone told me something different. So I've booked the 5 person room and we'll simply ask for the key without making it explicit that we are with 5 adults. I hope this will work out. In any case I can bring some air mattresses in case they make a big fuss out of adults using the bunk beds.

I'm in ofcourse!!:classic:

- Just me:thumbup:

- Going for sharing a chalet.

- No problem being chalet responsible, been it before.

We've never had a problem with the bunk beds (I do kind of pinch the top bunk though.... So maybe not this year? :blush:)

10 hours ago, Jim said:

This makes me very happy :thumbup:

We can do that UCS Millennium Falcon blind build after all :wink: :tongue:

Hahaha yes you know at one point we really need to make it happen! :devil:

13 hours ago, Redhead1982 said:

Was there a change in the accomodation since two years ago? I don't remember there was a problem with adults on bunk beds. I shared the cottage with Calanon and Hening, and I don't remember them having problems with bunk beds. According to the booking, 5 adults can either have the 8-person room or a tent pitch.*huh* On the other hand, Ninjago cabin has 6 beds, but is offered only for 4 adults. I guess we should just ''forget'' to say we're all adults. Afterall, we playbuild with LEGO. :grin:

I also noticed that the Wild Western Cabins - where we stayed the past years with 5 adults per chalet - are now only appearing in the list when entering 3 adults + 2 children. This makes absolutely no sense because there was never a problem with those bunk beds. I've slept in them several times without any issues at all. So yeah, let not make too much noise to the Village about this and simply follow the advice with I got on the phone and book some adults as if they were children (and many of  them really still have the mind of a child :tongue:).

A local event, that sounds exciting! :laugh:

Like Rolli, I will sort out my own accommodation, and I might not be able to join for the whole time. Definitely the weekend!

3 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

legoland-billund.jpg

I guess I could fit in there, but not so sure if it would be safe for those underneath.:laugh:

It's a shame though. I knew they were updating the houses, but this is not the improvement I hoped for:hmpf_bad:

42 minutes ago, Ecclesiastes said:

It's a shame though. I knew they were updating the houses, but this is not the improvement I hoped for:hmpf_bad:

Indeed they totally made it worse! It was fine and there was never a problem for us with the beds they had.

Now I guess I am absolutely light weight enough to sleep in one of these but getting in and not falling out will be a little challenge I guess... *huh*

But anyway the wild west cabins are looking the same as ever on the website:

https://www.legoland.dk/en/accommodation/legoland-holiday-village/cabins-motel-and-camping/wild-west-cabins/

And also Ninjago looks fine:

https://www.legoland.dk/en/accommodation/legoland-holiday-village/cabins-motel-and-camping/ninjago-cabin/

On 12.12.2017 at 4:50 PM, Holodoc said:

I'd like to mention Vaionauts suggestion. We both would be in for sharing again! But we can sort out these things in the corresponding topic