Sign in to follow this  
Cody Startale

[Ep. XVII][Rebels][Week 2] In Plain Sight

Marching orders: we move 3 squares up, please. Our preferred movement keeps going right and up.

My first digital-only entry in this game. Don't worry, I'll go physical and comic book-style again the next time! :classic:

Cody Startale and his Rebel comrade Lt. Alia Brynna have crash-landed on Endor. How they ended up on the planet's surface will be told in the near future in another free-build... for now, all we know is that our heroes are stranded on the Sanctuary Moon, cut off from their Rebel allies and fearing the detection by the Imperial forces crawling all over the moon. However, as they leave the crash side, Alia detects a near-field comm signal that is familiar to her from the days of her recruitment: @MKJoshA seems to be on the moon as well, and as Cody and Alia have spotted the shield generator when going down on Endor, they figure that a Rebel attack on the base is imminent. Not daring to signal their friends out of fear of being detected by the Imperials, they cross the plains of Endor, heading for the forest in which the shield generator is located. There, they hope to meet up with the other Rebel forces and aid them in their important mission before it is too late...

entry1.jpg

entry2.jpg

Spoiler

My plains are based on the planet's depiction in the Ewok movies, Carawan of Courage and Battle for Endor, which show the lush forest of Endor being accompanied by barren, dry plains of brown gras, rocks and sprinkles of green now and then. I added a small water stream for variaty and color, though :)

caravan-of-courage-the-caravan.jpg

ewok8.jpg

Edited by Cody Startale

Nice little build!

I always like variety in the colours but think changing the reddish brown to tan might have worked better looking at the screenshot from the movie. But then it might have been too much of a desert look of course. Adding the little river makes it a lot livelier so well done on that!

Very nice landscaping - I like the rock, and you do a good job with the different ground levels and textures.

I'm not a huge fan of the trans-black(?) on the water, but it might have just rendered a little weird.

Bonus points for the source material :classic:  - although for some reason, the Ewok on the horse looks horrifically large...

Thank you, everyone  :classic:

@LucasLaughing that is actually trans-clear, it's indeed just the renderer that made it looking so weird. I had it trans-light blue first, but it also didn't look very good. So I think this is one of the instances were physical Lego clearly beats the Bluerender look.