Bonaparte

Eurobricks Event 2018 - Information Topic

Eurobricks Event 2018

Billund Denmark

The one stop place for all your event info!

1/ Where, when, what:

Get ready for our the 14th Eurobricks event, at the heart of the LEGO universe: Billund, Denmark.

The event will be Sunday 27th, Monday 28th and Tuesday 29th of May.  We arrive on Saturday 26th (late afternoon in my case) and return on Wednesday 30th of May (after breakfast).

The program will be very interesting as always!

2/ Accommodation

We stay in the LEGOLAND Holiday Village at 5 min walk from LEGO. Here you can rent a Ninjago Cabin, a Wild West Cabin or a room in the Pirates' Inn Motel. The Motel and the Chalets are all at the same location and we'll have breakfast in the same place.

The Pirates Inn' Motel has rooms for 4, 5 and 8 persons, the Wild West Chalets are for 5 persons and a Ninja Chalet has 6 beds. 

Don't forget to include breakfast and bedlinnen.

Make sure you do not book by accident at the Legoland HOTEL, because this one is at a different location in Billund.

Booking and payment:

We'll do this again in a decentralized way. Per chalet/room one person needs to be the 'chalet responsible'. This person will collect the money from the other people in the chalet and will be responsible for the booking and payment of the chalet to the LEGOLAND® Holiday Village. Payment is to be done 100% at the time of booking (the chalet responsible pays directly to the LEGOLAND® Holiday Village, not to us!).

Chalet responsible:

We'll work out who'll be the chalet responsibles in the sign-up topic. Please indicated in the sign-up topic if you'd be OK to be a chalet responsible or rather not. We prefer people who already came to past events to take the role of chalet responsible over people who we've never met before. Also in the sign-up topic you can work out with whom you'd like to share a chalet.

If you become chalet responsible you should get in touch with the other people in your chalet (by Personal Messenger) and give instructions on how they can send you the money. Once you have collected all the money you can simply book a room/chalet via the website of Legoland Billund.

If you come with your wife or entire family and would like a complete chalet you will of course be your own chalet responsible.

IMPORTANT: the booking website behaves a bit weird because it only showed me the 5 persons pirate rooms in the Pirates' Inn Motel when I select 3 adults and 2 children. When entering 5 adults the 5 persons room was not listened even though it has 5 normal beds. This seems  to be a bug in the website and after calling the Legoland BIllund Village they advised my to simply select 3 adults and 2 children and make the booking like this. Same applies for the chalets, so please keep this in mind when looking for a room or chalet.

Address and Contact:

LEGOLAND® Holiday Village
Ellehammers Allé 2
DK-7190 Billund

3/ Sign-up for the event:

You can sign up for the event HERE.

4/ Miscellaneous:

• To give you a price indication: I just booked a room in the Pirates' In Motel for 5 persons (myself and some friends who'll be joining me). The price per person for our stay is 202 EUR including breakfast and bedlinnen. So a very reasonable price (especially for expensive Denmark).
  • We'll try to make a deal with the Legoland Village to have access to a meeting room. This deal might include that we need to have 1x dinner in the Village with our entire group. By signing up you are agreeing to this.

23 hours ago, Johannsued said:

do you also habe to book if you live nearby?

Book what? You don't have to book the event itself, but if your talking about the accomodation: No, you can just sneak in the group, whenever you feel like.

Staying all the time is recommended for various reasons. :grin:

I’ve removed some posts related to the program because it’s a secret for those who do not come to the event :tongue:

10 hours ago, Bonaparte said:

I’ve removed some posts related to the program because it’s a secret for those who do not come to the event :tongue:

And for those who are coming?

10 hours ago, Bonaparte said:

My bad. Apologies.

8 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

And for those who are coming?

We'll started a closed PM group later on when everything else is sorted out.

A wee bit off topic. I am from New Zealand coming to Germany and neighbouring countries in April. I am wondering if there is anything lego orientated things that I could do/ visit. Any ideas are helpful

On 17-12-2017 at 10:36 PM, Bonaparte said:

In Germany you can visit Legoland Gunzburg and in Demark you can visit Legoland and the new LEGO House.