The Cossack is an off-highway bed truck, designed for heavy transportation in very hard environment. It’s the truck It was designed and ordered by ATK, specialized in heavy transportation for oilfield operation, and built by Option Industries, a Canadian manufacturer.

Some information and images here (in French) .

2-2016-07-11-%C3%A0-13.58.11.png

And video here on youtube and here on facebook.

Like the real machine, the MOC is a 6x6 suspended motorized articulated tracked truck.

24089152477_85a22e05a9_z.jpg 25069633898_7c3cefccc6_z.jpg

25069661158_8fd782381e_z.jpg 24076088267_e9aeee639a_z.jpg

There is 4 power functions piloted through a SBricks Controller:

• 1 PF-XL motor for the propulsion, no central differential, no reduction
  • 1 PF-M motor for the steering through two mini linear actuators
  • 1 PF-M motor for the main winch (worm gear + 24t)
  • 1 PF-M motor for the secondary winch (worm gear + 8t)

Some details:

The front axle is suspended thanks to 3 Steering Arm 57515 and the front axle suspension are mounted horizontally.

The pivot as composed of a steering ball joint and steering arm. The movement is done through two mini linear actuators powered by a PF-M installed on the main body.

38953841401_9bfbfdb08b_z.jpg 27163467039_47fc3f2109_z.jpg

The main structure (dark bluish grey) is the spine of the truck. It’s this part that supports the entire load in the truck. The design is not very sophisticated but it is very stiff. All the motors are integrated to this structure.

The dual suspended axle is inspired from the Arocs one. Both axle are linked by a mini-turntable allowing free move.

38225078494_6252bd8c95_z.jpg 38067956055_e80c2cbaa3_z.jpg

27163470839_1ff192463f_b.jpg

There is two winches, the main one at the front of the platform, the secondary winch can be found at the tail.

38904857672_4c977ac401.jpg 24076104007_86dec2409d.jpg

Thank you for reading, A video to finish, and if you want more information about this MOC you can jump here to my website.

Best regards,

This is the first time I've been aware of such a vehicle.  Great MOC and I second @KikoTube with respect to the suspension.  It looks like an innovative design :thumbup:

Very nice and uncommon MOC, I like it very much.

It looks like you have a ldd file, would you mind sharing it?

very nice work anyway

Wasn't another version of these shown a month ago? I swore I saw a yellow, with smaller tracks version...

Thank you all for your feedback !

1 hour ago, DTom said:

Very nice and uncommon MOC, I like it very much.

It looks like you have a ldd file, would you mind sharing it?

very nice work anyway

Actually, I have some re-work to make on te LLD file because I had to change some assembly that currently do not work. So i'll do taht and share it later.

16 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Wasn't another version of these shown a month ago? I swore I saw a yellow, with smaller tracks version...

I did make a smaller yellow version of this truck yes, but I have been able to find more precise information on the real truck after so I restart the build to a larger scale to make a more realistic vehicle.

1 hour ago, Superkoala said:

I did make a smaller yellow version of this truck yes, but I have been able to find more precise information on the real truck after so I restart the build to a larger scale to make a more realistic vehicle.

Ok, I knew someone made a smaller version, just wasn't sure who.

What a magnificent beast they didn't have these in the tar sands when I was there.  You have a moc that I would like to build as it has some clever parts of the design 

On 10/12/2017 at 6:46 PM, letsbuild said:

Wow! That's so cool! I look forward to the instructions, I think I might be able to build it!

I'm not able to make instructions, but I can published the LDD when ready. Unfortunately not before christmas I think, there is some system to be corrected, for example the CV-joint for the propulsion always disassebled so it has to be solved and I don't have much time due to the end-of-year-amount-of-work.

It is a properly done replica of a properly ugly vehicle - so I like it! :sweet:

The front suspension is just great, would be interesting to see in action on rough terrain. 

A quick upate on this topic.

I have almost finished to update the LDD file and created an alternative version with Power-function IR component instead of a Sbrick.

But now I'm totally blocked on the creation of the instructions (yes it's my first time). I tried to use the LDD integrated tool, LDraw/Lpub, Blueprint, Lego Instruction Creator, but i always have issues. The model have a lot of missing parts or the instructions are a complete mess with no logic in the building steps.

If any of can can provide me an assistance on this problem i would be really appreciate :thumbup:

I would say leave the digital file as the only available building instruction. I have only experience with LPub3D and for that you need stepped 3D model file. This mean that you have to place all the parts in order how they are build in real life, with sub-assemblies etc. This is obviously done part by part by human as no generator is good enough to make technic creations on its own. Making such stepped file takes much longer than creating simple digital file without steps. After making such stepped file you also have to set viewing angles, zoom, and lot of other tasks before generating PDF instruction file. If you still would like to learn it I would recommend using stud.io for making stepped file and LPub3D for PDF.

How many parts is in? It is cool model, maybe if I can build it I might consider making PDF BI.

Thank you @Ivan_M for your answer. I will try to re generate the instructions from LDD and see what i can do.

According to LDD there is 1752 parts in it, plus two string not modelized. And also I did not included the platform shown in the video.