Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

[COR-CWW] Elevation Station No. 3

The Royal Cocovian Wagonway brings goods and raw materials from the interior to the trade hubs in King's Harbour, Poi-Poi, and Quinnsville, and ensures trade between the three settlements.
24031487277_c8fc683e36_c.jpg

However, Cocovia is far from flat and the wagons are ill-suite for anything but a very slight incline.
Hence, in strategic locations, elevation stations are erected, lifting or lowering the railcarts and their goods by different mechanisms. Elevation Station No. 3 is one of the simplest, and the elevation is simply provided by a large hand operated winch.

38009653325_ae05a26e5d_c.jpg

2 minutes ago, blackdeathgr said:

hey! that's a really era appropriate solution and a well built one too. Was that a real mechanism too btw?

Thanks!

Real as in it works in the brick, yes, real as in historically accurate? I highly doubt it, but I can't really know! :pir-wink:

Great solution, I really like this concept! :thumbup:  Impressed that it works in the brick too!

Clever!  I'm liking this - and it actually working is very impressive as well! :thumbup:  Great addition to the railway, and the adjustments you made to that chair design work really well too!