kbalage

RC pullback launcher (+slow mo pullback fun)

I'm not sure if anyone will ever need a similar solution, but I'll share it because you never know :) I wanted to film the two 2017 Technic pullback vehicles in slow motion and quickly realized that I don't have enough hands to control them and my camera as well. The mechanics are pretty simple (I found something similar online for a previous project), M motors are driving the claws. With the 2 channels I can control them independently but can push/pull the levers together as well. The structure has more parts than necessary to add weight and for reinforcement.

PANA5299_EB_ret.jpg

PANA5298_EB_ret.jpg

Here is the video where I used them:

Cool video again, pity that there was not enough space to gather more speed for the jumps though. This starter solution is great if you are the cameraman and the "driver" in one person. :thumbup:

Thanks guys, yeah time and space was limited this time so I had to use what I could find quickly. There was a strong wind as well so the ramps were blown away constantly to add an extra fun factor :)

@agrof I'm not sure if there's much more speed to gain, with a single pullback motor that's what they can do. I did not have a chance to make the combined model this time, probably with 2 motors that's more powerful. Your 4x4 version still blows these out of the water :)

Great video! I agree with @agrof - it's a great solution for a one-man film crew...

Also, it's amazing how much cooler those pullback vehicles look in slow-mo!

5 hours ago, Sariel said:

Man, you do know how to shoot videos :)

And you don't?? You and him are too humble for your ideas.

7 hours ago, Sariel said:

Man, you do know how to shoot videos :)

Thanks Sariel, that's very nice especially coming from you :) My experience in photography helps with the development in videography as well, I hope my building skills will follow the improvement at some point :D