I was just looking at this topic yesterday, wondering if it had gone anywhere. Can’t wait to finally see it finished :laugh:

6 hours ago, LvdH said:

I was just looking at this topic yesterday, wondering if it had gone anywhere. Can’t wait to finally see it finished :laugh:

Over time I did work on it, mainly simplifying the mechanics and finishing the last bits of body and interior. Just never got around to posting about it.

I posted the above teaser also to push myself to finally wrap up this build and move on... Hopefully I'll get the last building bits and presentation material done before the end of the year.

Ok, enough with the teasing, here is where I'm at at the moment:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

The dark azure version is a manual version with sequential 4speed gearbox (I dropped the 8speed as I could not get the geartrain to run smooth...). The orange version is PF RC: 2×L-motor for drive, M-motor for (proportional) steering. Fits all types of PF battery boxes, including Sbrick and BuWizz.

On 3/10/2018 at 12:21 AM, sm1995 said:

This is just suggestion, but it would be cool if you could do a Pikes peak build with this. Move the engine to the back, space out the wheels and add some crazy splitters and spoilers. :laugh:

Above remark inspired me to create the orange bodywork version, it's ended up more as a rally version though. I raised the suspension by modifying the pushrod geometry. It's also a bit softer as a result.

There's still lots to do (mainly the interiors, some minor bodywork details, and a new parking brake for the manual version as the current version is below par), but it's mostly just building as the designs are already done. Digital files are also nearly complete.

So please tell me what you think of it sofar...

Both of them look great! The bodywork is very impressive - no gaps, but it still flows naturally. I like the colors you’ve chosen, too. It’d be cool to see a video comparison of the two suspension set-ups you’ve got, if that’s in the works!

Thanx, although I have to say that above pics are from the best possible angle, there actually are some gaps in the body here and there, mainly around the wheel wells...

I aim to make a video at some point, and some more photos/renders showing (amongst other functions) the difference in suspension setup. But that will be January at its earliest, probably even later.

TC19 is gonna eat away precious 'LEGO-time also'...

1 hour ago, Scoar Sonander said:

Do you have time to do instructions?

I will at some point, but I do not know when they will be finished. The digital models are nearly done, but instructions take a lot of time, which I don't have at the moment...