MovieMocs

[MOC] Mustafar Duel: Anakin VS Obi-Wan

Some people say that the prequels sucked...and they did...but I believe that this scene redeemed all 3 movies (Minus He-sa who-sa shall not be named-sa ;) So I decided to replicate this epic Lightsaber battle in Lego. This moc has over 1500 pieces (most of which are in the lava) and took me and my sister about 7 hours to build and finalize. After a week of looking at it I thought something was missing so I ordered some fantastic Lego lights and set them up under that lava to create a fantastic effect. I would love some feedback on the moc and I'd love to hear your opinions. Thanks so much for taking a look! 

38865997191_f35df1aafc_b.jpg

38865998551_747237f04c_b.jpg

38835736252_170a2b2c5f_b.jpg

38865999571_874bcd0bcd_b.jpg

38835734992_353d47c651_b.jpg

Edited by MovieMocs

I recently rewatched the prequels, and honestly, they are just getting worse with time. This fight in particular is ridiculously unnecessarily over-choreographed. But these films gave us at least unlimited memes :D

But as for your MOC, that's flawless, although you should remove the capes as they are not wearing it for the duel. 

And you should make another shot with the iconic "high ground" scene :sweet:

9 hours ago, brobert said:

I recently rewatched the prequels, and honestly, they are just getting worse with time. This fight in particular is ridiculously unnecessarily over-choreographed. But these films gave us at least unlimited memes :D

But as for your MOC, that's flawless, although you should remove the capes as they are not wearing it for the duel. 

And you should make another shot with the iconic "high ground" scene :sweet:

Very true. and I will take some more shots without the capes and I will also take some of the "High ground scene like you suggested. Thanks for your feedback :) 

Nice build, I like the lighting gives the model a nice glow. I quite like ROTS I feel as if it's the only decent prequel film.

What the prequels lacked in good story telling they made up for with great ships and scenery. Or am I just biased because I grew up with them? Great MOC!

2 hours ago, PickleManDan said:

Revenge of the Sith

Right!!! That was silly :)

1 hour ago, Smitty500 said:

What the prequels lacked in good story telling they made up for with great ships and scenery. Or am I just biased because I grew up with them? Great MOC!

So true :)

#CGI lol  Thanks :)

Great job on the lighting - it really sells the scene.  The hill is good too; I've found that lava landscapes can be surprisingly hard to build.  The minifig poses seem a little static, but I guess there is that bit where they're just yelling at each other :classic:

6 hours ago, Smitty500 said:

I don't want to start a flamefest here, but they definitely didn't make up for it. Compensated a bit maybe, the design was fine yes, and the critics, who were saying that "it's not star wars" because everything is shiny are ridiculous. If you're only looking at stills from the movies, it probably still looks good (minus the CGI-fest). If it weren't for the screenplay.... and that's from someone who also grew up with these movies. Now it's just another thing which when I see again, I say to myself: ...god, I had horrible taste growing up... but no regrets, because these Gungan-infested Lucas brain-diarrheas made me love Star Wars.:laugh_hard:

But to stay on target...what kind of lights did you use? They do look awesome, perfect solution for lava

13 hours ago, LucasLaughing said:

Great job on the lighting - it really sells the scene.  The hill is good too; I've found that lava landscapes can be surprisingly hard to build.  The minifig poses seem a little static, but I guess there is that bit where they're just yelling at each other :classic:

Thanks! I'll be taking more pictures later this week so I'll be sure to make some changes with the poses. Thanks for the feedback!

11 hours ago, brobert said:

But to stay on target...what kind of lights did you use? They do look awesome, perfect solution for lava

Thanks :) The light's were a big problem for me because I wanted to get some that were affordable, were Lego, a USB power source(So it could be on continuously) and a kit with enough lights. The light's I used here are actually from the Lighting kit for the 75105 MF from eBay. It was only $18 USD and it came with 10 1x3-1x8 Lego plates with lights on the bottom. I'll post some pictures of the lava removed later this week. 

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/LED-Light-Kit-For-Lego-75105-Millennium-Falcon-Star-Wars-Lighting-Bricks-Gift/182800867898?hash=item2a8fc7e23a:g:5IAAAOSw9mpZ9e9j

As far as the actual lava parts I think it worked out quite nicely :) I ordered 1200 trans-orange cheese wedges from BrickOwl and just poured them in. 

7 hours ago, Evolved Turtle said:

“Anakin, this moc is awesome!”

”well, from MY point of view this moc is aweso- wow we actually agree on something!”

Thanks!

Great MOC. I love how you did the robot that carries Anakin.

And on the subject of prequels, I actually loved them (even The Phantom Menace). I have pretty low standards for what qualifies as good as far as Star Wars goes, but I still hated The Force Awakens... Battlefront II's campaign story was pretty awful to me too.

1 hour ago, CIS Droid said:

Great moc, did a wonderful job, looks very similar to the miniature the movies used.

26 minutes ago, joeperry25 said:

Great MOC. I love how you did the robot that carries Anakin.

And on the subject of prequels, I actually loved them (even The Phantom Menace). I have pretty low standards for what qualifies as good as far as Star Wars goes, but I still hated The Force Awakens... Battlefront II's campaign story was pretty awful to me too.

Thanks guys! That means a lot. Anakin's robot was quite trickey to get to minifig scale and still look good. If I had more parts I would probably do some color changes but otherwise I like how it turned out :)

I haven't played BF II yet but I've heard TFA campaign could have been better.

Hey guys,  I just took pics of how I did the lighting for this moc. Hope you enjoy!

38036683025_db82e6253f_b.jpg

38887125892_45c651209d_b.jpg

Edited by MovieMocs

I have taken new pics like the "I HATE YOU" Scene and the "Don't try it Anakin, I have the high ground" and when the Emperor finds him on the verge of death on the lava river. Those will be posted probably later this week. Thanks!

Edited by MovieMocs

This base is really nice, very effectively replicates the lava, with the darker and lighter tones throughout. Most impressive I should say.

5 hours ago, brobert said:

This base is really nice, very effectively replicates the lava, with the darker and lighter tones throughout. Most impressive I should say.

Thanks! These positive comments mean a lot :) and with the lava...1200 trans-orange cheese wedges later :) lol (It actually was only $17 including shipping! I got a good deal on the lights too) 

14 hours ago, MovieMocs said:

Thanks! These positive comments mean a lot :) and with the lava...1200 trans-orange cheese wedges later :) lol (It actually was only $17 including shipping! I got a good deal on the lights too) 

lol, it was totally worth it :) But looking at these figs what I realized is that we really need updated minifigs about these 2 guys..

10 hours ago, brobert said:

lol, it was totally worth it :) But looking at these figs what I realized is that we really need updated minifigs about these 2 guys..

So true! They at least need a version of these figs that don't "Light up" so I can take their capes off. rip...