Vessels: WTC Aurora; WTC Copperhead

Coffers: 10 Dbs

Troops: 10 WTC Marines, 20 WTC Volunteers

Purpose: To boldly go where no Corlander has gone before, the south

Characters:

Spoiler

24983423368_ce814f5493_m.jpgCount Mesabi by North White, on Flickr

Count Mesabi:

Count Mesabi is a member of the new nobility of Corrington. People promoted for reasons that weren't entirely thought out. The Count is no exception. Fabled for his chaotic leadership in the Juniper Wars, Captain Mesabi lead his squad through several major battles, killing dozens of squads of royal Oleon soldiers. However, his bizarre habits of using enemy horses as food for his troops and arranging dead bodies to spell out insulting messages made him an outcast in the army. After the war, he was promoted into the queen's guard where it was thought he would stay out of trouble. It was there he met Agnes, a young minor noble who was into guys that annoyed her father. After several months of courtship, the two accidentally married each other on a drunken bender. After several tumultuous years, and tired of the monotony of the Queen's Guard. Captain Mesabi set out for the new world, arriving in Arlinsport. Mesabi worked to build the WTC, mostly to bolster his ego, but also because he got into a fight with a MAESTRO captain, and decided he should prove that he can build a better trade company. Not much happened until the Nova Malto incident, during which the Captain tried and failed to usurp control of the city. However, the Viscount Pennington was impressed that someone was so brave (or stupid) to stand up to the mighty Eslandolan forces, and made him a count. From there, he went on to found Mesabi Landing, a small settlement on a desert island in the new world. But with Agnes returning into his life, he needed to get away again, so he took the first opportunity to flee, this time, southward...

38139912064_55abfef1c0_m.jpgDarby Tyler by North White, on Flickr

Darby Tyler:

Darby Tyler was born in the old world, to a family of aristocrats. However, his family ignored him in favor of his talented older sister, forcing him to occupy his time. He found solace in Math, and studied relentlessly in Belson's many libraries. Unfortunately, he knew nothing of culture, language, or art, and was denied entrance into his prestigious first choice school. Also his second and third choices. He ended up only being accepted in Arlinsport Community and Technical College, and spent the next four years failing every class other than math. After barely receiving a degree, he found a low paying job working for the government of Arlinsport. He toiled away at this job, before meeting Captain Mesabi. Mesabi begged him to help him with his books, and offered a slightly higher pay. Darby initially refused, but found he couldn't resist the complexity of the Count's bookkeeping, and took the job for the sheer mathematical challenge of the organization. 

38855872221_cc7f15e8a5_m.jpgDmitri Yugoslav by North White, on Flickr

Dmitri Yugoslav:

Dmitri Yugoslav was born to a poor family in Varcoast. Starting as a petty thief, he lied his way into the university, where he discovered a love of science and exploration. But the old world was boring, so he left his wife, and found himself on a ship as far away as he could go. Ending up in Camp Isaac, he gathered his supplies by stealing from the Corrish Pioneers, and did his own studies on the animals and fauna of the island. It was there he met Count Mesabi, and realized he had found a patron for himself. He hitched a ride back with him, and soon found he was headed to the South, full of new things to discover. And steal.

24983434318_ecd10e97ae_m.jpgMadam Samantha by North White, on Flickr

Madam Samantha:

Samantha's family was multi cultural, Her mother was Oleonese, and her father Eslandolan. They traveled a lot, giving her a great sense of culture, and a great grasp of languages. She studied for several years at Arlinsport Community and Technical, where she met Darby Tyler. The two became friends, and stayed in contact even after he was brought halfway across the new world by the WTC. When he wrote her about the voyage to the south, she took the opportunity to come along, to help translate, as well as learn more about the mysterious south...

Madin disappeared into the Horizon as the two ships sailed around the peninsula.

24983414488_aa46678c52_z.jpgSouthbound and down by North White, on Flickr

The Copperhead had been adapted into the flagship of the expedition, well most of the men stayed aboard the Aurora.

23990827957_41c4fae8a1_z.jpgSouthbound and down by North White, on Flickr

In the Cabin of the Copperhead, Count Mesabi, Darby, Dmitri, and Samantha studied the maps.

38139909364_e72fc65620_z.jpgSouthbound and down by North White, on Flickr

"You know, I'm just happy to get away from Agnes for a while." Said the Count. "Did I ever tell you she once challenged an Apple tree to a duel? Then she blew it up with a cannon."

"Eye two am fleeing from my wife." Said Dmitri, "She is much liek your woman." 

"I'm still not sure why you need an accountant to travel to the new world." Muttered Darby.

"Well, someone needs to count the amount of TNT we have." Said Samantha wryly.

"I did. It's a lot. Why do we need TNT to discover a new world?" Asked Darby

"Darby, I think you know why." Said the Count. Darby did not, but realized he would never get an answer. 

FIN

Edited by Mesabi

Are you not on an AMCRA already? Anyway: best of luck, Mordo will take care of the WTC in the meantime. :devil:

I updated the topic with pictures and character descriptions. Let me know what you guys think, I really enjoyed fleshing out the characters more.

Also, I was in an AMCRA, I just needed to make my own topic for it.

Edited by Mesabi

Aye, love it. Fleshing out a characters backstory is always nice, and you do it very well. I am looking forward to what the Count will find!

I'm glad to learn more about your characters, an entertaining read, as usual.

Good luck heading south! Hopefully you find some new land and maybe you'll run into a Junk.

@Mesabi :

The departure from Madin had gone surprisingly well. Neither the Tellvokians, nor Lord Damaximus, appear to harbour any real enmity with the count, nor the WTC. Count Mesabi might even have made a few friends or allies, and the WTC troops had managed not to blow up anything during the stay. Happily unaware of WTC mishaps elsewhere in the Brick Seas and well underway around the Guelph peninsula this may have been the first example of truly sweet sailing for the WTC. Both vessels were performing well, and the Copperhead was proving to be a weatherly vessel.

"Deck ho!" the look-out cried. "Armed galley coming up hand over fist. Signalling us to heave to."

Who might be trying to contact the WTC now? And what will the count do?

• Heave to - it is certainly some important message from Lord Damaximus or the Tellvokians that we cannot miss.
    Show a microbuild of the unidentified galley making its way towards your fleet.
  • Creditors?! Set all sails and try to outrun the galley!
    Build a local topographical map/micro landscape showing the route taken to escape the galley. Will you try navigating dangerous shoals and reefs, make your escape on the open sea, or go for a fog bank?
  • Corsairs! Beat to quarters and prepare to fight - between the Copperhead and the Aurora, certainly we will have the upper hand.
    Show the crew preparing for a fight.

The identity and purpose of the galley will be revealed next turn and your choice will be important to what happens next.

On 12/6/2017 at 4:55 PM, Professor Thaum said:

• Heave to - it is certainly some important message from Lord Damaximus or the Tellvokians that we cannot miss.
    Show a microbuild of the unidentified galley making its way towards your fleet.

24643832557_317a38c4ff_z.jpgThe galley by North White, on Flickr

Count Mesabi was not happy that they had to stop and receive a message or get assassinated by an unknown Galley, but nonetheless he ordered his ships to lower the sails and to come to a stop.

38803081904_25c1f99bc2_z.jpgThe galley by North White, on Flickr

But what could the message be?

FIN

C&C appreciated. I had fun with this little Galley. I hope it's decent looking....

That is a really great little micro build Mesabi- I'm really impressed - you've really captured the shape and look of a large ocean going galley. Personally I would of probably left out the micro-figs and flick cannons as I don't think they quite fit the scale, but that is just semantics. Great job and all the best for the next instalment.

@Mesabi

Heaving to, the Copperhead and the Aurora made preparations to receive visitors carrying messages to the count. As the galley approached, it became clear that it was a large class 4 war galley, well-armed and manned with soldiers and sailors of the sort clearly at home in a dirty fight. Just as the Count was starting to regret his decision, he spotted an official looking chap carrying a file of documents signalling to come aboard. He proved to be a representative of the Tellvokian branch of the Bank of Corrington.

"Sir" he said to Count Mesabi with a curious accent. "As you are no doubt aware, you have accumulated considerable debts witht he BoC, and I have been sent to protect our investment." Bowing he added as an afterthought, "...and to ensure that your lordship do not... eh-hrm... get into a mind of... absconding south, erhm... forgetting your commitments with the bank..."

The galley will follow you on your adventures at least for some time, and may help you if in the interest of your creditors. However, the BoC may also intervene if your actions are deemed damaging.

Off the end of the long peninsula of New Oleon, the three ships encounter a fog bank, making it almost impossible to see from one vessel to another, much less to spot any reefs and sandbanks.

• This is the opportunity we have been looking for! Douse the lights and seek to escape the creditors - they will be more trouble than necessary!
  • We are stronger together - set up the fog lights, fire a musket every minute and keep the squadron together.

Whether you try to evade the galley, or stick together, you must indicate whether you seek port in Guelph (known as New Oleon), follow the coastline east, or head into the open sea going south.

39755399861_171f2ff54d_c.jpg

@Bregir Hey, what am I exactly supposed to build here? I want to build something, but what it looks like is you're asking me to photograph my 2 ships doing a thing. I mean, if that's what you want, I will do it, but it won't require any building. 

4 hours ago, Mesabi said:

@Bregir Hey, what am I exactly supposed to build here? I want to build something, but what it looks like is you're asking me to photograph my 2 ships doing a thing. I mean, if that's what you want, I will do it, but it won't require any building. 

It is up to YOU to be creative here, Mesabi ;)

Ideas could be:

Build micros of all three ships and show them either try losing the galley or sticking together.

Build a vignette of your troops shooting muskets, guns, or ringing a bell on one of your ships and tell how they stick together.

Build a vignette in the cabin, where count Mesabi plans how to evade the galley.

Try somehow building or otherwise experimenting with fog. (Although don't set your dorm on fire... ;))

Or however else you think you can answer the dilemmas posed by the event.

We are stronger together - set up the fog lights, fire a musket every minute and keep the squadron together.

Chapter 3: The Fogmist.

On deck, the Fogmist kept anyone from even seeing across stern to bow. 

38659571230_14edcc75cb_z.jpgThrough the fog by North White, on Flickr

Count Mesabi ordered a man to fire a rifle every minute, and to keep the ship steady. he then retired to the warmth of the captain's cabin of the WTC Copperhead.

38659571180_6375bebbab_z.jpgThrough the fog by North White, on Flickr

Darby sat in the chair across from the Count. He had been examining the maps the Tellvvokians had provided.

"Man, why couldn't we have just bought maps in Tellvok?" Asked Darby

"I'm not going to dignify that with an answer because you know why." Said the Count.  "Chased by the bank of Corrington, what a life!" 

"Well, maybe if you hadn't been massively in debt to them before you left." Said Darby

"But sending a ship after me? I don't need to be babysat. I was a queen's guard once. A Captain, in the queen's guard."

25598998767_3c8efd0ef7_z.jpgThrough the fog by North White, on Flickr

"But I always longed for the sea...."

"So why are we going to Kemblar again?"  Interrupted Darby

"Hush! I'm having a moment of silent recollection."

FIN

C&C appreciated!

@Mesabi

As the count sat in silent reflection he slowly drifted off to sleep.  While dreaming of the good old days he was rudely awakened by Darby. 

Darby explained that all three vessels had broke through the fog amazingly unharmed ... However they had sailed off course and were quite low on musket balls and powder.
The count was furious that there simply was not enough  munition to go around. 
Darby asks the count what they should do next:

Option 1) We make for the nearest port and resupply ... I simply can not have my men low on munitions.  It is uncertain what we will encounter but we should be equiped properly.  (1 build required - should show ships in port resupplying)

Option 2) The BoC wants to babysit us then perhaps they can resupply us to.  We will need to create a distraction so we can steal powder and shot from the galley unnoticed.  (1build required - should clearly show your distraction and crew raiding the hold during the distraction)

Option 3) correct course and stay true to the cause.  The men will just have to ration their munitions.  (2 builds required - First should show how they correct course. The second being a micro build of the three ships arrival in Kemblar)

Only one option may be chosen this turn with each having a unique outcome.

Please note while the builds listed are the minimum for turn progression, however more are encouraged to aid you in your story progression

Edited by Roadmonkeytj

Chapter 4a: Off Course:

A Seagull alighted on the WTC Copperhead marking the passing of the fogmist.

25961955307_0bc2a012b4_z.jpgBound for Pan by North White, on Flickr

The Count was fast asleep in the main cabin, dreaming of the far south.

25961955197_62cb03d069_z.jpgBound for Pan by North White, on Flickr

Darby walked in, banging on a large pot.

"Rise and Shine Mesabi! You're needed on the bridge!" Said Darby.

25961955227_aeafd9a37f_z.jpgBound for Pan by North White, on Flickr

"Ugh, Darby, haven't I told you to call me your highness?" Said Count Mesabi with a yawn.

"Yes, and I'm not going to. We're in trouble." Said Darby, annoyed

"What now? Did Dmitri fall overboard again?" Count Mesabi asked, recalling the three times that voyage that Dmitri had drunkenly slipped overboard.  

"No, we're out of almost everything." Said Darby.

"What do you mean?" Asked the Count

"Well the Fog-" The Count interrupted Darby.

"Fogmist." The Count Countered. 

"Whatever. Anyways we used all of our gunpowder to keep the ships in line for the fog, burned all of our candles to see through the fog, and ate all of our foodstuffs because you didn't buy enough in Madin!" Yelled Darby

"Relax. I have a plan!"

"No you don't! Now get on deck and give us some orders!"

"Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine." replied the Count. He grabbed the map, and walked to the bridge.

25961955327_0d3f48d5f0_z.jpgBound for Pan by North White, on Flickr

"So, let's go to this place called Hassana." Said the Count. "We can stock up with those Panians."

"I think they're called Panlotes." Said the helmsman. They made the course corrections, and were soon towards the outer edge of Hasanna

The north end of the bay held a great palace, built into the mountains. They looked for a bay to dock in, where they could find supplies.

25961955267_f094b42d96_z.jpgBound for Pan by North White, on Flickr

40833460291_6b335138f5_z.jpgBound for Pan by North White, on Flickr

To be Continued....

Thanks for viewing the first half of this chapter. I will build the second when I get a chance. C&C appreciated.

Chapter 4b: Hassana

The Two WTC vessels had docked in Hassana, in one of the public berths. The BoC galley had docked in one of the royal berths, closer to the Sultan's palace.

39075765180_e6a100ffec_z.jpgHassana by North White, on Flickr

"Well, we're completely broke, out of supplies, and in a strange country. Maybe we can sell the vessels for a ticket home. You idiot." Said Samantha

"Well, I thought this would be easier." Said the Count. "And besides, we'll be fine. Worst case scenario, we just murder the crew of a vessel and steal it."

"They could see that as an act of war by Corrington!" Yelled Samantha.

The two stepped off the boat, only to be approached by two Panlotes. 

26013462677_91b97fa2f1_z.jpgHassana by North White, on Flickr

"Are you the Bahors of the Corrish vessels?" Asked the first.

40843636762_dbce7210ce_z.jpgHassana by North White, on Flickr

"What? Corrington? Is that that place with the queen that everyone loves and science or whatever? Well no." Said the Count.

26013462637_951f880c87_z.jpgHassana by North White, on Flickr

"You fly Corrish Colours, my friend." Said the second. 

"Yes, we're Corrish." Said Samantha. "We're here to resupply on our journey southward."

"Don't tell them that! Than they'll gouge us!" Said the Count. 

26013462607_46df9d6572_z.jpgHassana by North White, on Flickr

"We saw your vessels from our lookout. And our rayiys would like to speak with you. It has been long since he spoke to someone from Corrington." Said the First.

"We'll come with you. Darby!" Yelled the Count. 

"What!" Yelled Darby back.

"We need to go talk to some Panmen." 

"They're called Panlotes!" 

"Whatever, just come on."

40177612314_198aacd766_z.jpgHassana by North White, on Flickr

The Four walked through the city of Hassana, which was mostly an uphill climb. Soon, they arrived at a small alabaster building built into a cliff.

39991795645_71b3570f9e_z.jpgHassana by North White, on Flickr

A Guard stood at the enterance holding some sort of firearm. The roof of the building was a shiny gold. 

40177611934_9de5991051_z.jpgHassana by North White, on Flickr

The Guard let them through, and they entered the building.

39075764450_cb9d5dfdda_z.jpgHassana by North White, on Flickr

A figure sitting at a desk greeted them. 

"Greetings Friends! Welcome to Hassana!"

39075761760_67f772dce9_z.jpgHassana by North White, on Flickr

The building was larger than appeared from the outside, built into the mountain. Inside a collection of relics from around the region lined the walls.

40843638172_70801195fc_z.jpgHassana by North White, on Flickr

"Woah, this stuff is awesome!" Said the Count. 

"Take a look around." Said the figure. "My name is Alqayid Bakr. I represent an organization here in Pan, I believe you would call it Pan's Independant Contractors in Madrician."

"Is that a real Skeleton?" Asked Darby

40885376961_414b16e23b_z.jpgHassana by North White, on Flickr

"Yes Friends. He was a Alqayid in the Juniper Wars." Darby looked confused. "What? Did you Madricians think you were the only ones who fought in the Juniper Wars? Your queen hired us to cause trouble for the Oleon Nadil during the war. And cause trouble we did!"

"Why's he in a case?" Asked Darby. 

"It is a tradition from our ancestors, the Pyros, to display the remains of our enemies." Said Bakr.

"How about those helmets?" Asked the Count

40885376941_632c50a6de_z.jpgHassana by North White, on Flickr

"Yes! The first is from the Great Empire, 600 years old it is. The other from a Samurai of Dranmonto."

"And what's that?" Asked the Count. 

40885377241_0a759a3624_z.jpgHassana by North White, on Flickr

"Ah! That is a scroll from Kemblar, some sort of religious one. But All good men who wish to be saved worship Ra. No offense to you of the Order, of course." Said Bakr

"None taken." Said the Count. 

39075761690_a9e1951db5_z.jpgHassana by North White, on Flickr

"And on that wall are some more of my treasures. The pelt of a lioness. A crest from our friends in Peri. Flags from Oleon, and the Kingdom of the Lotus. Taken from ships we sank of course. And a Blossom from the Gardens of Tendari." Bakr concluded

"Wow!" Said the Count. "When we get home we need to fill my office with cool stuff!"

"Also, I need an office." Said Darby

"Gentlemen, it is time to discuss business." Said Bakr. "Sit." 

39075761940_7dbd4d1724_z.jpgHassana by North White, on Flickr

"I have some business opportunities, but ones I cannot send my own corsairs on for reasons that will soon become apparent. This is where you come it." Said Bakr

"Well, we're almost broke, and out of supplies. If you can resupply us, I'm sure we can work something out."

"Excellent. Hear me out friends..."

FIN

Thanks for viewing my second half of the Chapter. C&C appreciated!

@Mesabi

Pan's Independen Contracters presented the Count with an offer he was hardly in a position to reject. Low on water, provisions, cordage, spars, ammunition, and, perhaps most importantly, money, Count Mesabi's little fleet was virtually landlocked.

However, the Contractors were offering to resupply the expedition and even add some payment to the bargain. What they were offering seemed too good to be true - Darby had insisted that there must be a catch, but the Count had dismissed him. Very little was known of the organisation, but it did not seem (directly) connected to the Sultan of Pan.

There were now three choices:

1. "We need you to ferry a few... 'passengers' to Kemblar..."
    The expedition must take on a few incognito passengers and ferry them to Kemblar. It is imperative that they are not discovered! Should the expedition be exposed, it is highly likely that both passengers and crew will be killed or taken hostage. The Contractors will deny any knowledge of the operation.
    The Contractors will resupply you and pay 300 dbs for your services.
    Show the incognito passengers and give a description of their backstory, including why they are going to Kemblar, and why the authorities in Kemblar must not get word of their arrival.
  2. "A matter of a camel..."
    An important man in Pan has lost the fastest racing camel in all of Guelph to a Mokolei bey in a game of chance. Unsurprisingly, he wants it back.
    Go west into Mokolei and steal the Camel from the palace of the Bey.
    The Contractors will resupply you and pay you 500 dbs for your services.
    Show the expedition scoping out the palace and describe their plan to steal the camel.
  3. This smells fishy....
    You shall not smear the good name of Count Mesabi with your nefarious schemes! We shall adapt and overcome, and make our way to Kemblar.
    Show the expedition somehow procuring supplies in Pan. Do you con the Contractors, steal from a warehouse, or similar?

At least one build is required to continue, but more are encouraged. Should you decide to take option 2, it is likely, but not certain, that option 1 will still be available once you return to Pan.

Chapter 5a: En Route for Vengeance

As the Copperhead and the Aurora left the bay of Hassana, the refitted, and reloaded ships found a good wind, sending them quickly southbound.

40545777260_2ded289b1f_z.jpgEn route to kemblar by North White, on Flickr

Four Blueclad Loti Soldiers sat on the deck, idley playing with their weapons. Inside the captain's cabin, Samantha and the Count talked to their leader.

27483162927_0bebf6881d_z.jpgEn route to kemblar by North White, on Flickr

"So who exactly are you?" Asked Count Mesabi

"من أنت?" Asked Samantha, translating into Guelphish

40545775480_84152d496c_z.jpgEn route to kemblar by North White, on Flickr

"أنا الكابتن سون-جين" He replied, following up with "كابتن المرآة السوداء"

"His name is Captain Sun-Jiin, captain of the Black Mirror." Said Samantha. 

she continued translating.

"You must be wondering what a Kemblarsi Captain is doing in Pan with four Loti soldiers... Well this is my tale."

41450765235_74a4b32393_z.jpgEn route to kemblar by North White, on Flickr

"Kemblarsi was once a colony of Kemblar, but we asserted our independence some time ago. Kemblar still, however does not respect that."

41450764875_af6279629c_z.jpgEn route to kemblar by North White, on Flickr

"But they have kept their distance, until a month ago, when they attacked my ship on a diplomatic mission to Pan."

41450764945_db61ce419e_z.jpgEn route to kemblar by North White, on Flickr

"We were set upon by 2 of their ships, and outflanked."

42304413992_6d14f4e83e_z.jpgEn route to kemblar by North White, on Flickr

"We were quickly boarded by their smaller vessel. 

42304413222_139ffa54cb_z.jpgEn route to kemblar by North White, on Flickr

"They came for one thing and one thing only. Our Princess Mi-Kyung."

42304413302_3ae761115b_z.jpgEn route to kemblar by North White, on Flickr

"Our guardsmen fought hard, but they were outnumbered.

27483163667_9bdc272e14_z.jpgEn route to kemblar by North White, on Flickr

"The Kemblar Stormninjas overwhelemed us, killing most of the crew."

27483163777_d18397dfac_z.jpgEn route to kemblar by North White, on Flickr

"Our Princess had been in the front of the vessel, while I had been on the stern."

42352803831_5490bf5ef4_z.jpgEn route to kemblar by North White, on Flickr

"They took no prisoners but her."

42352803891_a68e19ab69_z.jpgEn route to kemblar by North White, on Flickr

"They rigged our stores to blow, and left the survivors to the remains of the ship."

42352803891_a68e19ab69_z.jpgEn route to kemblar by North White, on Flickr

"I had survived, but had lost my right hand."

42352802761_1cdc1c213f_z.jpgEn route to kemblar by North White, on Flickr

"I raced to the front of the vessel, but she was gone."

27483163537_68d8fac79e_z.jpgEn route to kemblar by North White, on Flickr

"And then the vessel exploded, I clung to a piece of the hull as the ship sank around me."

27483163497_b1bd723c16_z.jpgEn route to kemblar by North White, on Flickr

"The two ships left our remains behind, taking Mi-Kyung with them."

40545777260_2ded289b1f_z.jpgEn route to kemblar by North White, on Flickr

"And now, I will take these Loti Murdersassins to recover our princess."

To Be Continued....

Chapter 5b: Kembali

As they approached the shore, The Murdersassins and the Captain of the Black Mirror prepared to row to shore in a lifeboat.

27524701617_f9019b879f_z.jpgKembali by North White, on Flickr

"Go kill those guys! Interfering with other nation's culture.... aren't we in violation of the prime directive or something?" muttered Darby

"是的,但我一直认为主要的指导思想是愚蠢的。在我们在远东的殖民地,我们干涉我们想要的一切。这样更好" Said the Murdersassin.

"Uh, Okay." Said Darby

28521748518_db82764138_z.jpgKembali by North White, on Flickr

As the sun rose, the small rowboat rowed towards shore, to parts unknown.

27524702017_54aa955321_z.jpgKembali by North White, on Flickr

Following the instructions of Pan's Contractors, the WTC fleet waited several hours before docking in the harbour. But these passed quickly, and soon they were on dry land once more.

27524702727_250f17627b_z.jpgKembali by North White, on Flickr

In front of them stood a few warehouses and a massive gate.

"Well, this looks promising." Said Count Mesabi

40586824200_7e6ccb86c5_z.jpgKembali by North White, on Flickr

On a sidestreet, chocolate from the Lotus Empire's Colonies was being sold at marked up prices. Crowds walked through the busy streets surrounding the gate.

28521747508_e3147c753e_z.jpgKembali by North White, on Flickr

"หยุด!" Said the Guard as the four reached the gate. "เมืองปิด!" 

Samantha Translated. "He says the city is closed."

The Count Growled. "Tell him that we are #$&%ing official representatives of the @#$%ing Nation of Corrington looking to speak to the &#@$ing Emperor!"

"But... we really aren't." Said Darby

Samantha translated minus the swears

"You translated the swears, right?" Asked the Count. 

"Yup." Said Samantha.

27524696097_57304cd63b_z.jpgKembali by North White, on Flickr

"คุณต้องการใน? คุณจ่าย." Said the chief Guard.

27524701717_e2127c18ff_z.jpgKembali by North White, on Flickr

Behind the Gate lay a vast city with architecture unlike any they had ever seen.

"He says we'll have to pay to get in..." Said Samantha.

The Count grumbled. "Our money is back on the ship!"

Meanwhile, in the warehouse next door, the Captain looked out at the travelers. 

42345500312_b1a220fec3_z.jpgKembali by North White, on Flickr

41671485234_b4f1077b32_z.jpgKembali by North White, on Flickr

The Captain of the Black Mirror called out to Darby, "You, Come, Idea!"

42345827642_c57725f491_z.jpgKembali by North White, on Flickr

Darby walked to the door. The Captain said one word. "Tunnel...."

40587236610_8b58f72358_z.jpgKembali by North White, on Flickr

The group huddled up. "Well, we need to get into that city!" Said the Count. "We've come so far!"

"Well, we have some options." Said Darby, "The Captain has a tunnel into the city."

"But we might get caught!" Said Samantha, "We should just bribe the guards!"

"We have explosives on the Ship," Said the WTC Guard. 

Hmmm.... Said the Count.

FIN

Thanks for viewing my build of the city of Kembali. I hope I've left the Dev group with enough room to give me some options for the next turn. I did my best to imitate asian architecture, but I'm not the best builder.  C&C appreciated!

Intriguing story, the read was enjoyable, except the Oleander corpse exhibited in a box.*huh*

I was also surprised by the appearance of Chinese characters in the text, I do understand the meaning of these characters, not wanting to nitpicking but it's kind of weird, google translated I guess?:pir-tongue:

Great continuation of the story! I love how much effort went into this chapter: not only the fleet battle (plus microships), but also a huge build for the harbour/street/wall when the party arrived. Good build overall! And of course an entertaining read, as usual. Well done, I can not wait for the next chapter! :thumbup:

@Mesabi

Count Mesabi wanted in. Inside the city gates were surely where the good trade opportunities were, and the WTC (rarely) settles for scraps. Three clear opportunities had presented themselves:

• Blow a hole in the wall some discreet corner
    With a bit of a distraction and some expert use of explosives, we can make ourselves a discrete passage into the city. Hopefully...
    Show the distraction made to avoid being caught blowing holes in the city walls.
  • Bribe the guards (-100 dbs deducted from treasury)
    If we want to trade, we will need to gain "official" access to the city, and it seems this guard can get us a pass at a very... "reasonable" price.
    Show the first major sight the expedition sees upon entering the city wall. A palace? A temple? ...? Microbuild possible.
  • Use the tunnel
    Captain Sun-Jiin can offer us to share his passage unseen into the city. But where will the tunnel end?
    Show the group emerging from the tunnel, including the location of where they emerge.

One build required to continue. The story must include what the expedition aims to do once inside the walls.

Chapter 6: Rescue!

With a crack, the wall crumbled away, and Captain Sun-Jiin, fully clad in Kemblarsi armour pushed in. 

41244962770_6e84fa08ab_z.jpgThe rescue operation by North White, on Flickr

"อะไร?" said the guard. A single dart struck him in the head, killing him.

The group filed in slowly.

43055336051_3768499dd1_z.jpgThe rescue operation by North White, on Flickr

"So, this is like someone's house right?" Asked the Count.

"No!  Palace!" Said the Captain. 

43055336071_717ffa4e4c_z.jpgThe rescue operation by North White, on Flickr

"Oh." said the Count. "Well, let's go kill some guys then."

43055336071_717ffa4e4c_z.jpgThe rescue operation by North White, on Flickr

Some of the Loti soldiers delved deeper into the dungeon looking for people to free. Upstairs, Kemblar Soldiers sat talking at a table.

43055335981_326a04995b_z.jpgThe rescue operation by North White, on Flickr

With a yell, the loti soldiers charged, the jailers screamed in surprise.

42337222184_05ed6293a2_z.jpgThe rescue operation by North White, on Flickr

A guard ran off into the palace to sound the alarm, while the jailers were slaughtered.

43055335801_54d302c981_z.jpgThe rescue operation by North White, on Flickr

Meanwhile Darby and Dmitri stood on the lower level.

"Isn't this an act of war or something?" Asked Darby in a panic.

42337221994_b01e16fb81_z.jpgThe rescue operation by North White, on Flickr

"eh." Said Dmitri

43055335891_b5bae98510_z.jpgThe rescue operation by North White, on Flickr

"Die! Die!" Yelled Count Mesabi, shooting at the guards on the balcony. A shot struck a murdersassin knocking him to the ground. 

42337221874_be3c84467f_z.jpgThe rescue operation by North White, on Flickr

The two guards fell dead to the ground. 

29183588458_07ab864a19_z.jpgThe rescue operation by North White, on Flickr

A murdersassin tossed a chain to the balcony and begun to climb. The rest of the company began to secure the room.

29183587988_233d8d5d34_z.jpgThe rescue operation by North White, on Flickr

Princess Mi-Kyung stared outside her window in her tower, before hearing the gunshots below.

42153446935_1c128d3e52_z.jpgThe rescue operation by North White, on Flickr

With a click, her cell door unlocked, and she climbed down from her tower cell.

41244962590_be44d6e9b8_z.jpgThe rescue operation by North White, on Flickr

Afterwards, she climbed down and joined everyone else in the lobby of the dungeon.

41244962150_0bd74fffc7_z.jpgThe rescue operation by North White, on Flickr

"Well, what's the plan?" Asked Count Mesabi

"Escape!" Said Sun-Jiin.

"No, this ends now." Said the Princess.

The Loti murdersassins awaited for an order. The Princess and the Captain began to argue.

"Foreigner! Decide for us, or have you another option?" Asked the princess. 

FIN

Thanks for viewing my build. C&C appreciated.

@Mesabi

And so the Kemblarsi princess was found by the brave WTC crew (even though the count had to admit the Kemblarsi soldiers had helped... a bit too). Certainly, the Kemblarsi would be most grateful! However, there was the slight issue of the entire Kemblar palace, and most likely the whole capital, being alarmed by the fighting....

Count Mesabi was put on the spot. Fortunately, he was a quick thinker and it didn't take him long to think of a few plans. After discarding the ones with no chance of working, he was left with three passably workable options:

• Escape!

We have found the princess and must bring her back to the Kemblarsi, who will be most grateful. Show how the group gets out and heads for the ships. Do they create a diversion, sneak under the eyes of the guards, or something else?

•  This ends now!

What is it the princess wants? She seems to want to settle the score. Show the group following the will of the princess. Is she looking to take a counter hostage, negotiate, or perhaps assassinate someone?

• Split up

We have helped free the princess. Demand your payment now and leave the Kemblarsi to their own plans. The WTC cannot become involved in this. If we split up from the Kemblarsi, no one will suspect us.

One free large property in Kemblarsi (micro build required to activate) and 100 dbs added to adventure treasury.
 Show the next move of Mesabi's expedition in Kemblar. Do they stay or leave?