DarthPineapple

[MOC] AT-ST

Hi!

The AT-ST has always been a personal favorite of mine due to it's intriguing design. It's an extremely complicated model to design in LEGO, the boxy head has many very shallow angles and the thin legs need to be carefully designed to support the walker too.

I've never been satisfied with any of the official LEGO versions and attempted to design my own several times already. While I was initially happy with my previous version, the steep angles on the head and relatively bulky, short legs were not accurate enough. Thus I redesigned my model again, starting completely from scratch and utilizing completely different techniques. I've spent many many incountable hours on my new model, taking inspiration from many of the AT-ST models out there at the moment and I'm pretty proud of the end result. The model has an interior and is fully posable - I hope the real brickbuild model will be able to support its own weight!

37929917805_6043924182_c.jpg

24942955268_d3d5a69d84_c.jpg

37928788875_45231a9095_c.jpg

24942955128_31016d6094_c.jpg

37928788815_33b068f74a_c.jpg

24942954908_40fc22cc65_c.jpg

Enjoy and suggestions are of course welcome!

Edited by DarthPineapple

On 4-12-2017 at 10:18 PM, Bley Harvest said:

This looks absolutely fantastic!  Looking forward to seeing photos of the brick built model.

Many thanks! Yes I'm looking forward to building it but first I will need to gather all the required parts.

2 hours ago, Kalais said:

Looks nice! I like it.

Aren't the legs a bit to short tho?

Thanks! I'm pretty sure they're scaled rather accurately, why do you think otherwise?

2 hours ago, ARIEL-1970 said:

Looks amazing and well done !! 

Thanks! :)

All in all, it looks incredible, man! Quite a fan of the design of the lower legs and the hips.

On 12/7/2017 at 1:26 PM, DarthPineapple said:

Thanks! I'm pretty sure they're scaled rather accurately, why do you think otherwise?

I think they're scaled accurately, but in your first photo it's awkwardly posed. The head on and profile shots of the rendering make it clear it's pretty much to scale (while I think the TLG ones have weird proportions), but in that first photo it looks like it's squatting. Very nice model - any instructions?

Huge fan of the AT-ST, I'm loving the design of the interior, I don't know why TLG don't design it with two seats.

Looking forward to the solid version, for now I'll settle for modifying the Rogue One version!

@DarthPineapple Hello. Sorry for posting on this so long after the last post. I just wanted to say I really love your work. I wanted to send you a personal message to ask for instructions not only for your fantastic AT-ST but also your TX-225 GAVw "Occupier". I want to apologize once again for posting instead of sending you a message. I only made an account here to send you a message. Unfortunately, Eurobricks wants me to post so many before I can message someone as a new member. Once again, you work is fantastic. I can't wait to see what you make next.