sigpro

GBW- RC1 - EROTEMA - Patrolling the river

GRID E4 STUDICA

A typical mission of Armies during campaign is securing borders, which includes rivers, roads, mountains...

This private is patrolling the river close to the border with Briolui. A German shepherd can help in the detection of IEDs or UXOs that can be dangerous for allied troops.

The build is a 16x16 platform with blue background for the river and light bluish gray for the land. Over the blue background, blue and transparent tiles simulating the river running. Two colours for the sandy shores (darker for the closest to the water and clearer to simulate "drier" sand). Brown colour for the rest of the dry terrain, with scattered green tiles and plates simulating grass patches, with some vegetation.

27058787709_dbfb510e6e_z.jpgPatrolling the river by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

27058789099_585bbb8d22_z.jpgPatrolling the river 2 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

38835100151_78d6bb7ecb_c.jpgPatrolling the river 3 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

Enjoy and join!

Edited by sigpro

Nice little scenette.

the water could be a little bit harmonised IMO with some wave effects perhaps.

Good job !

Thanks for the comment!

The real thing is that I am not used to simulating courses of water with small plates or tiles. I tried to simulate an irregular river with waves (or something similar to), that´s why I mixed so many different types of parts, such as round tiles, round plates, tiles, plates; all of them in different colors.

But, as someone said time ago...practice, practice, practice, practice...

I was toying around with a patrol along the water's edge myself. Glad I changed my mind as you've done it here. Maybe for a sidebuild down the road...

Good job Sigpro!