As a journeyman Dragonslayer walks through the halls of Drakken Keep, another hunter stalks her prey...

27036377869_050e06eb85_c.jpg

I submitted this as a CCC entry this year, and used my Safe Haven assassin and a Dragonslayer "armor off" concept that didn't make the cut.  It;s good to actually build something!  :blush:

Are we still doing Doctorate of Historica?  :laugh:  If so, I request UoP credit for Windows & Window Frames if there are any Kaliphlinites still on the forum.

C&C Appreciated!

Agreed, the structural supports for the roof are well done! By the looks of it they are not only there for the show (seen that often), but are connected at all points to provide actual sturdiness! Cheese-sloped window frame adds some extra detail to the interior and the bones underground give the base something interesting to look at as well. :thumbup:

Neat job with the rafters especially!  :thumbup: for the UoP credit.  Never expected to be asked for one of those again. :tongue:  But I'm still ghosting around here, read most of the topics, just haven't found time to build for GoH lately.

Excellent vignette! Those rafters are done perfectly, and I like the window frame. Good use of grey ingots above it to give a little bit of texture as well. :thumbup:
+1 for the UoP credit.

Neat vig, mrcp6d!  Love those rafters and the window, and the underground layers are a nice addition as well! :thumbup:

Not sure wether there are enough Kaliphlin-members till alive, but I defenitely love your window-frame! :wub:

The textured base, sweet figs and nice roof supports make for a great vignette overall :thumbup: 

Quality all around! One thing I hadn't noticed before is the thickness of the wall, it gives the building a much more realistic solid feel than the 1-2 stud thick stone walls we often see :thumbup:

The rafters/roof structure and window are lovely too of course :wub:

Excellent detailing, and the base is fantastic, like SK said the thicker walls are a great Idea and I lobe that window design.

Great job showing so much depth in such a small footprint; one gets a sense of size from the roof, rafters, and wall, even with such small sections of them. And good job getting three Kaliphlinites to creep out of their desert hermit caves to give UoP credits...

On 12/4/2017 at 4:05 AM, narbilu said:

Love the roof structure a lot!

Nice entry

Thanks narbilu!  I've been wanting to use CMF base plates as shingles for a long time, didn't think I'd be using them upside down!

On 12/4/2017 at 4:44 AM, Exetrius said:

Agreed, the structural supports for the roof are well done! By the looks of it they are not only there for the show (seen that often), but are connected at all points to provide actual sturdiness! Cheese-sloped window frame adds some extra detail to the interior and the bones underground give the base something interesting to look at as well. :thumbup:

Yes, the rafters are holding up the roof, if only due to the friction created by 2 clip connections.

On 12/4/2017 at 5:59 AM, gedren_y said:

UoP DoH +1

Thanks gedren_y!

On 12/4/2017 at 7:16 AM, Kai NRG said:

Neat job with the rafters especially!  :thumbup: for the UoP credit.  Never expected to be asked for one of those again. :tongue:  But I'm still ghosting around here, read most of the topics, just haven't found time to build for GoH lately.

Ha!  Here's to the next chapter re-invigorating the guilds! :laugh:

On 12/4/2017 at 7:22 AM, LittleJohn said:

Excellent vignette! Those rafters are done perfectly, and I like the window frame. Good use of grey ingots above it to give a little bit of texture as well. :thumbup:
+1 for the UoP credit.

Thanks John, I've got a bunch of those ingots that I hope to put to good use in the future.

On 12/4/2017 at 8:12 AM, Garmadon said:

Neat vig, mrcp6d!  Love those rafters and the window, and the underground layers are a nice addition as well! :thumbup:

Thanks Garmadon!

On 12/4/2017 at 8:25 AM, TitusV said:

Not sure wether there are enough Kaliphlin-members till alive, but I defenitely love your window-frame! :wub:

The textured base, sweet figs and nice roof supports make for a great vignette overall :thumbup: 

Thanks TitusV - I've always wanted to use the turntable bases for windows.

On 12/13/2017 at 10:19 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Quality all around! One thing I hadn't noticed before is the thickness of the wall, it gives the building a much more realistic solid feel than the 1-2 stud thick stone walls we often see :thumbup:

The rafters/roof structure and window are lovely too of course :wub:

On 12/28/2017 at 5:38 PM, The Maestro said:

Excellent detailing, and the base is fantastic, like SK said the thicker walls are a great Idea and I lobe that window design.

On 1/5/2018 at 12:14 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Great job showing so much depth in such a small footprint; one gets a sense of size from the roof, rafters, and wall, even with such small sections of them. And good job getting three Kaliphlinites to creep out of their desert hermit caves to give UoP credits...

Thanks Isaac, Maestro, and Henjin!  The thickness is a byproduct of the SNOT to make the window work and the cover-up to hide it.  However, I was thinking the same as you about the heft the thickness implies after finishing the build.  I guess accidental goodness is still goodness! :laugh: