Sign in to follow this  
Capitaine Aragon

The Charred Skeleton

The Charred Skeleton is a ramshackle little sloop captained by Gerald W., a former merchant who had the need to pillage and plunder so he found an impounded sloop in Capitaine Aragon's harbor and stole it. Since the sloop was primarily brown and black with a charred black skeleton mast-head, he gave her the name The Charred Skeleton. The ship has no defense of any kind and has a little storage compartment  for coins or a sword. 

For this ship, I was inspired by the Dying Gull from POC: Dead Men Tell No Tales. I was unable to add rigging but, plan to add some to it in the future. Here is a picture of my inspiration'

latest?cb=20170621181324

Here are some pics of the Charred Skeleton:

Skeleton 4Charred Skeleton 2Charred Skeleton 3

Here is the figure-head of the ship.

Secret compartment

The secret compartment is under the helm.

Charred Skeleton

Both sails have a rugged-torn look to them as this ship fell to Queen Catherine's Revenge and was quickly "fixed" and impounded.

Carred Skeleton Helm

Here is Gerald W. at the helm of the Charred Skeleton. He is most-likely sailing for Tortuga.

This build gave me the chance to use a different, new-to-me technique of building ships. I plan to build another ship in the future in this style. A fun thing about this ship is that it has wheels so it can roll around!  Let me know what you think, constructive criticism is always welcome.

-Capitaine Aragon, The Cordial Pirate latest?cb=20170610143403

Edited by Capitaine Aragon

The Snot approach works nice on this gives it a decent shape.   Fortifications or a oversized crew for boarding will be needed