Sign in to follow this  
cefa

1 brick was not placed correctly and has been removed from the model

Hi everyone!

I found an old post here on the forums regarding the UnplaceableBricksDump.lxfml file. This file could be opened in a text-editor to figure out what parts had been removed because they were placed incorrectly.
It said something that all pieced in this file got yellow and the once that had been removed in the lxf-file would be red here so it would be easy to search for them and find out what piece it was.

However, the answers in that post only covered this file in a windows-environment and I have tried to find this file on Mac for quite some time now.
Does anyone know where this file might be placed on OSX?
Does it go by the same name and the same file-extension or is it something different?

Hope someone can help me?

I found the file here but I'm not sure if it is of much use: /Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Application Support/LEGO Company/UnplaceableBricksDump.lxfml

It’s useable in developper mode with physical tests disabled, otherwise, you just see your model in yellow, without the colliding bricks.

2 hours ago, t-brick said:

I found the file here but I'm not sure if it is of much use: /Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Application Support/LEGO Company/UnplaceableBricksDump.lxfml

Thanks alot t-brick. Found it while searching in spotlight even though the library folder was "hidden"

But just as SylvainLS said it was of no use. The info about searching for yellow or red pieces was not possible. Couldnt find any referens to color in the file at all.
And opening the file in LDD rendered the model in all yellow, with the missing piece still missing :(

No one else haveing any good intel on how to find out what brick is missing?

Thanks!

As I said, you need to use the developper mode (there’s a topic about that in the forum). You can then look at this thread to locate the red bricks.

If you don’t want to use the developper mode (I wouldn’t know why but…), you can still open the file in an editor, the “materials” parameters code the color, yellow is 24, red 21. But if you have several parts of the same shape (designID), it becomes very complicated very quickly as you need to use the coordinates.

I think there’s also a trace of the designID in the DCLTrace.txt log file but it’s not as useful as finding the parts in 3D.

Oh, and you can also use a dichotomic method: move half the parts in the model, save (in another file of course), load, if there still are collisions the same number of collisions/removed parts, continue splitting your model, otherwise, the collisions were between the two halves.

Edited by SylvainLS

28 minutes ago, cefa said:

The info about searching for yellow or red pieces was not possible. Couldnt find any referens to color in the file at all.

What do you mean exactly? The info is written in the file, and remains there unless you save the file once that it is opened with LDD and the brick(s) removed.

Anyway this argument has been discussed many time in the past, did you try to searching for "UnplaceableBricksDump" inside this forum?

Edited by Calabar

25 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

As I said, you need to use the developper mode (there’s a topic about that in the forum). You can then look at this thread to locate the red bricks.

If you don’t want to use the developper mode (I wouldn’t know why but…), you can still open the file in an editor, the “materials” parameters code the color, yellow is 24, red 21. But if you have several parts of the same shape (designID), it becomes very complicated very quickly as you need to use the coordinates.

I think there’s also a trace of the designID in the DCLTrace.txt log file but it’s not as useful as finding the parts in 3D.

I dont have a *pip* clue what the hell I was doing. I was trying out searching for basically every number between 1-99 to find any other match than 24 in materials since I figured that must be the color reference. For some reason I must have missed 21 :P
Didnt understand what you ment by developer mode at first but now I've found it and it's like opening a whole new door to LDD :)
Many many thanks for mentioning it. Have never heard about it before.

And last but not least. My problem was resolved and the missing piece was found!

Thanks you all!!! :)