turk187

Best way to add a camera to a lego train

I'm looking to add a camera to a Lego train. Does anyone have suggestions about how to go about it? I don't just want to stack a go-pro on the top, I'd like to do something more creative. There are cheap wireless spy cams on ebay that might work well. I would welcome any ideas.

A spy cam works well indeed. The best way is to build / use a camera car IMHO.

Have a look in this thread over in Train Tech, there are many good ideas:

I have tried those spycam things for model railways, and the quality is frequently far from great. With the larger space available for LEGO trains, I'm sure you can do bettter. What I've  tried is putting a mobile phone lenghtways on a wagon, with a mirror placed at 45 degrees to the camera. It works quite well, although it does result in the footage being flipped. Alternatively, you could just mount the phone at the front, if you don't mind the height!

Heh, I was recently trying this out my self. I just used my Canon point & shoot camera mounted to a 1\4 screw and an array of nuts, washers and Lego parts. It worked, but getting the assembly to look a little less unattractive would be another story. I'll definitely have to revisit it though. :look: :classic: