TitusV

Sailor Leon's Letter...

Recommended Posts

Previous chapters:

Captain Whiffo's Duel

Captain Whiffo took a sip of his chocolate and looked around at the expectant group.  

"It was a fine, bright morning in Elysabethtown," he began, before interrupting himself - "well, I think it was.  I wasn't there, you know, so I can't say, but - it was some sort of a morning in Elysabethtown, anyways, when a clumsy looking sailor swaggered in front of the Somewhat Darker Green Inn..."

-=-    -=-   -=-

Leon was on a very important trip.  He had been entrusted with a letter from his lady, Elysabeth of Drondil, which had to reach the MAESTRO Headquarters as soon as possible, and preferably even quicker. Well, that's what she had said, but Leon was quite sure she had actually meant he could make a little stop in the Somewhat Darker Green Inn. He meant, there was ALWAYS time for a little stop at the Somewhat Darker Green Inn. 

23926185357_32496d3013_h.jpg

Whereas he had always found the Inn's name to be a bit strange, he really liked the please. It was a new inn, on the border of Elysabethtown, and used to host all kinds of strangers and travellers. Sometimes, natives from the wilderness next door dropped by to buy a fresh apple!

37904727465_4c22a48dfe_h.jpg

They even had their own fool, though according to the look on this KPA's journalist, the fool would not get very high ratings in the next journal...

23926186117_383106a6a7_h.jpg

Lots of fools, apparently.

23926186787_991fe2259f_h.jpg

As said before, you could encounter everyone here, even MCTC-soldiers. 

37904729345_439849bfa2_h.jpg

Wait, what? A MCTC-soldier? Here, in Elysabethtown? How dared they! This was somehting he, Leon the sailor, working for the Lady Elysabeth herself, could not tolerate! So he stepped up to the soldier, and asked (in his smoothed voice, because the guy looked quite violent in his armor):

"Ehm... Excuse me, good sir, but what are you doing here, if I may ask you somehting? Not to say there'sz soething wrong with you being here, of course, I was just wondering..."

- "Well, I've been hired by the innkeeper to make sure everyone sleeps quitly, stops snoring and pays his debts."

Suddenly, as out of thin air, Uncle appeared: "Debt? Debt. DEBT!" Who is in debt? Ah, it is you, young fellow?" While speaking, he was poking Leon with his walking stick and looking quite angry, probably because of the lack of a decent barber. "Soldier, please arrest this guy! He needs to hang, and from his toes no less!"

37904730855_845a24a57a_h.jpgMate Leon's letter... by titus.verelst, on Flickr

Though the soldier muttered "Sorry boy, I'm so sorry", he obeyed Uncle, who kept shouting something like "No mercy for debtoers, the need to hang! No mercy at all!"

And by the end of the day, Leon still hung by his toes. Uncle was gone, and so was the soldier (something with Mardieran War Debt, he thought"). Most of the other clients were gone too, so noone could pick up the letter fallen from Leon's pocket. That is, noone except the King's Port Advertiser's journalist, of course...

37904733055_407f4385ce_h.jpg

To be continued

-=-    -=-   -=-

Finally building for BoBS again, even when it is just one build! Special thanks to Garmadon for being so patient and waiting untill I had time to start on this MOC, and to Kai for letting me use Guy's Uncle! Hope you like the build (which was also seeable at BMA 2017, of which more pictures will follow), CC is appreciated!

23926189057_58cf01d3af_h.jpg

23926190157_88f4edc076_h.jpg

37904724515_f41786f9f0_h.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He back! Nice. :-) 

The MOC is great as well, really like it. Your style has become very Avalonian, though. I'd suggest to add a palmtree, a monkey and a parrot or something like this to make it look more BoBSy at first glance.

Those rocks at the front edges are amazing, by the way.

 

Looking forward to more from you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great story, wasn't expecting Uncle to show up there!  I have a feeling that'll be somewhat tough to explain back to Elysabeth though... :grin: :laugh:

As I've told you already, that inn is really great (I like the name, too :pir-laugh:), the Tudor work and darkbrown are fantastic, and the stonework and layout are excellent as well!  Your snotted rockwork is splendid as always too, and the minifigure activity is well done! :thumbup:  If I had one particular critique it'd be to maybe try to include some tiles/slopes/cheese in the landscape (the green and dark tan, I mean), and I do agree with Elostirion that it does really have a Avalonian feel to it :pir-grin:  Needs a banana or something exotic like that! :laugh:

So glad you were able to get this built, though!  I hope to have more of the story up soon! :pir-sweet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone needs to get information to Trador, @Maxim I's Knight and my Consort's Duty are in port at Elysabethtown now.

Edited by gedren_y

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really fantastic MOC Titus, great to have you back! As usual your landscaping is superb and the woodwork on the inn is outstanding. Really great job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great build Titus, good job on the landscaping and the inn too.  I really like the angle you've given to the flags, gives the scene a windblown feel!  Nice job on the story too. :pir-grin:  I wonder what's in that letter...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great scene and great story !

funny to see you using Uncle character !

The build is greatly done, quite Avalonian at the first look, but that's not a problem. The front rock work is top notch ! 

Great job ! I was happy to see it for real at BMA !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great MOC! Much to like here! The first thing to catch my eye was the folliage and the nice SNOT rockwork. The building itself has several wonderful small details, such as the daggers for door hinges. And minifig posing is excellent. :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3-12-2017 at 12:26 AM, Elostirion said:

He back! Nice. :-) 

The MOC is great as well, really like it. Your style has become very Avalonian, though. I'd suggest to add a palmtree, a monkey and a parrot or something like this to make it look more BoBSy at first glance.

Those rocks at the front edges are amazing, by the way.

 

Looking forward to more from you!

Well, not completely back, but yes :classic: 

It's indeed very Avalonian, you're absolutely right! I tried to take it a bit more in the tropical direction with the tees, but I fear it had already become a castle build in my mind... It's defenitely soemthing I have to work on!

On 3-12-2017 at 12:57 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Yeah ! That a great scene !

 

A very impressive MOC and a fine house.

Thanks professor!

On 3-12-2017 at 1:48 AM, Garmadon said:

Great story, wasn't expecting Uncle to show up there!  I have a feeling that'll be somewhat tough to explain back to Elysabeth though... :grin: :laugh:

As I've told you already, that inn is really great (I like the name, too :pir-laugh:), the Tudor work and darkbrown are fantastic, and the stonework and layout are excellent as well!  Your snotted rockwork is splendid as always too, and the minifigure activity is well done! :thumbup:  If I had one particular critique it'd be to maybe try to include some tiles/slopes/cheese in the landscape (the green and dark tan, I mean), and I do agree with Elostirion that it does really have a Avalonian feel to it :pir-grin:  Needs a banana or something exotic like that! :laugh:

So glad you were able to get this built, though!  I hope to have more of the story up soon! :pir-sweet:

I had hoped you would like the little surprise with Uncle :grin: Yea, Leon's in great trouble now. Elysbath is not known for being very forgivable, or never becoming angry!

Glad you like the build so much too, the landscaping is not hundred percent perfect, but that's mainly because it was built in three days, of which I focused two on the rockwork and rushed the third :wink: I know, that Avalonian feeling... All hail the sand-and-dark-green!

On 3-12-2017 at 2:56 AM, gedren_y said:

If someone needs to get information to Trador, @Maxim I's Knight and my Consort's Duty are in port at Elysabethtown now.

I fear the KPA is very efficient at spreading information too...

On 4-12-2017 at 8:26 AM, Ayrlego said:

Really fantastic MOC Titus, great to have you back! As usual your landscaping is superb and the woodwork on the inn is outstanding. Really great job!

As said before: not completely back, but getting somewhere. Thanks Ayrlego!

On 4-12-2017 at 2:21 PM, Kai NRG said:

Great build Titus, good job on the landscaping and the inn too.  I really like the angle you've given to the flags, gives the scene a windblown feel!  Nice job on the story too. :pir-grin:  I wonder what's in that letter...

Thank you Kai! There were a  lot of flags, so there just needed to be a bit of wind so I could show them off :wink: Stop wondering and browse the forum, because it's content has already been published somewhere... :hmpf:

On 4-12-2017 at 3:32 PM, Faladrin said:

Great scene and great story !

funny to see you using Uncle character !

The build is greatly done, quite Avalonian at the first look, but that's not a problem. The front rock work is top notch ! 

Great job ! I was happy to see it for real at BMA !

Thanks Faladrin! I was very happy to be at BMA too

On 4-12-2017 at 5:06 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Great MOC! Much to like here! The first thing to catch my eye was the folliage and the nice SNOT rockwork. The building itself has several wonderful small details, such as the daggers for door hinges. And minifig posing is excellent. :thumbup:

Yes, I think I focused a bit too much on the rockwork while landscaping... Well, that's no biggie! Thanks Capt!

On 5-12-2017 at 7:50 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Nice inn.

And I have to wait, of course.

Eh... Thanks Captain!

On 6-12-2017 at 12:02 AM, blackdeathgr said:

As always, I love your buildings! Nice story too! Welcome back :wink:

That's nice to hear bd, glad you like it!

23 hours ago, Bodi said:

Fantastic build, and fascinating story! Nice job.

Thanks body!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.