kjm161

[MOC] Santa’s Workshop at the North Pole Advent Calendar

Simply stunning!!! I could look at these pics all day and still keep seeing new details!! I think my favourite bit is the control/tracking room (nice to see Santa going hi-tec!!) and the dining table makes me feel hungry!! In fact the whole thing is nothing short of a work of art!!! 

Amazing work!! 

Thanks again everyone for all the wonderful comments, much appreciated! Still a number of days before Christmas and many more photos. The toy floor begins to fill tomorrow

19 minutes ago, greg3 said:

Simply stunning!!! I could look at these pics all day and still keep seeing new details!! I think my favourite bit is the control/tracking room (nice to see Santa going hi-tec!!) and the dining table makes me feel hungry!! In fact the whole thing is nothing short of a work of art!!! 

Amazing work!! 

The high tech Santa area was inspired by one of my family's favourite Christmas movies, "Arthur Christmas". In one of the photos there is a nod to Arthur's reindeer slippers but they are hard to see. 

On 12/8/2017 at 8:11 AM, LegoPondswald said:

This looks absolutely amazing! Great detail, especially on the inside. It's just perfect! 

Thanks!

On 12/8/2017 at 7:46 PM, Blk69 said:

My favorite part is how the tree top extends thru the top floor.  Nice job.

It was great finding a use for the dimensions plate with the round cut out so the tree could fit through and the floor still has lots of integrity.

19 hours ago, aukevin said:

This is such an incredible creation. And you can use it for years to come. Just amazing!

Thanks, it will be nice to be able to bring it out for future Christmases as well.

Day 11 The wind-up corner.

38790717331_124f958e02_c.jpgDay 11 Santa's Workshop at the North Pole by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Edited by kjm161

I really like all the small creations, the day 8 Toy Soldier, the day 10 tractor and the day 15 rocking horse are som of my fav's!

when I get time I must reverse engineer some of these for use in my next years Winter Village. So if I use them and forget to credit you next year, I here-by give you credit now. Please forgive me if I forget next year.

Thanks so much,

Andy D

2 hours ago, Andy D said:

I really like all the small creations, the day 8 Toy Soldier, the day 10 tractor and the day 15 rocking horse are som of my fav's!

when I get time I must reverse engineer some of these for use in my next years Winter Village. So if I use them and forget to credit you next year, I here-by give you credit now. Please forgive me if I forget next year.

Thanks so much,

Andy D

Thanks Andy,

I should credit others from whom I drew inspiration for some of these creations.

The rocking horse is modified from those created by Matt Armstrong aka monsterbrick.

The tractor is modified from a design by Jason Allemann  aka JK Brickworks.

The toy soldier and locomotive are modified from ones found in TLG ’s Toy Workshop.

The helicopter and jack in the box are from TLG’s Winter Toy Shop.

The cars and truck are also TLG designs.

Credit should also go to Thorsten Bonsch aka Xenomurphy for his typewriter design. 

Here are the remaining days of the advent calendar since there are only new characters added and no new builds. Hope you enjoy and thanks again for all the comments. Have a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

25001549468_99d1b1efcf.jpgDay 18 Santa's Workshop at the North Pole by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Day 18 Cold hearts even melt at Christmas

38157637744_34878bb2fb.jpgDay 19 Santa's Workshop at the North Pole by Karen Metz, on Flickr

38157542954_1e132a81fa.jpgDay 19 Santa's Workshop at the North Pole by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Day 19 Someone needs to send the return letters to all the children who write to Santa but there is always time for a hot chocolate or popsicle break.

38842489842_4152343c61.jpgDay 20 Santa's Workshop at the North Pole by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Day 20 Santa checking over his nice list to make sure no one is forgotten.

38193916185_568c42e0e6.jpgDay 21 Santa's Workshop at the North Pole by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Day 21 Christmas is almost here! When can we start eating?

38193892895_bb78712bcb.jpgDay 22 Santa's Workshop at the North Pole by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Day 22 The elves get to let their hair down. Hats off to a job well done.

27138670259_cd9d8bc986.jpgDay 23 Santa's Workshop at the North Pole by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Day 23 Tryptophan makes you sleepy.

25209184348_11a5fb8c2d.jpgDay 24 Santa's Workshop at the North Pole by Karen Metz, on Flickr

38193848075_b2d84e172e.jpgDay 24 Santa's Workshop at the North Pole by Karen Metz, on Flickr

39075398191_e63c91e89f.jpgDay 24 Santa's Workshop at the North Pole by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Day 24 Merry Christmas Everyone!

On 1/10/2018 at 4:32 PM, Chocokate said:

I really love your work. It’s very impressive. Can you make the building instruction? I would love to pay and buy

Thanks very much! I would love to share the model instructions with others but none really exist. Not exactly sure how to go about creating building instructions in that I build directly with bricks through trail and error rather than digitally first. Maybe sometime in the future I will figure out a way to do it.