800x450.jpg

After few months of grey age, I have finished my another Model Team styled tractor.

It's a polish Ursus 912:
Everything began with 42054 set and its great tires. Unfortunatelly, so far LEGO did not decided to make these wheels in smaller diameter, so everything that could be built are largest 4x4 tractors on same wheels on both axles. Or... something smaller.

It started, as usual, from single picture. This one:

838397953_1_1080x720_1222-nie-914-zetor-

The biggest problem I had with designing this tractor was its colour. The real ones were painted in dark yellow, and closest match in LEGO colour palette was Bright Light Orange. And it lacks most of the typical, usefull parts. Let's say that building something within limited range of parts is not so  enjoyable ;)

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?v=1&pg=1&colorPart=110&catType=P

This model was designed from scratch in LDraw:

640x489.jpg

Looking for perfect dimensions:

640x308.jpg

First sketches:

640x308.jpg
640x308.jpg
640x538.jpg
640x308.jpg

And after lots of iterations, the final version (which was slightly modified while being recreated with real bricks, becuase I have bought some great pieces like those wrenches)

800x385.jpg

The Work in Progress gallery can be found here:
https://bricksafe.com/pages/M_longer/ursus-912/wip

Finished model can stand on a shelf and turn wheels (they are not connected to the steering wheel though). Not too many functions, but on the other hand, my first MT tractor had same fucntions.

00.jpg

By the way, that Renault was shown exactly 6 years ago.

Finished Ursus 912:

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

The roof can be closed:

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Front axle is also pendular:

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

15 minutes ago, Sjoemie himself said:

Really nice tractor, looks exactly like the real life one. The Renault also looks great.

Are you planning on building some implements for this tractor?

No idea :)

Just now, Sjoemie himself said:

I think you could do it. Perhaps a nice trailer or plough? 

I will consider that :)

You know it is beautiful, so I wont repeat that! :)
Just want to say that I like your model presentations even more because of the all blueprints, comparisons and WIP pictures.

You Polish people really know how to build these technical marvels to perfection. I never saw a medium quality model from you people. It is always a treat to see something from your LEGO kitchen. I recognize this tractor very well. I've seen it around in my country as well. Perfect execution!

This is not Ursus. This is Zetor! And the proper colour is red or blue! :classic:

Wonderfull model. I have seen these tractors like everywhere when I was a kid. When someone say tractor, such one appears in my mind.

(for people not from CZ or PL: Zetor is a czech tractor company, Ursus 912 was builded in Poland as licensed copy of Zetor 8011)

On 1/3/2018 at 5:47 PM, Kaero said:

And the proper colour is red

Yeah...

800x800.jpg

Yup, red one. Both (or three, because there are three parts list in total), can be now build by everyone interested in it, because I have finished instructions for it.

The model comes with three parts list, main one with Yellow bodywork, secondary with Red bodywork, and "deluxe" version, with bodywork made from Bright Light Orange parts. The real model was built with using Bright Light Orange parts (to match the colours of real tractor), but they are quite difficult to get, so I have decided to release these instructions with few different colour options for your convenience.
Parts list are made in Rebrickable (csv), BrickStore (bsx) and Bricklink (xml) formats.

800x565.jpg

800x565.jpg

800x565.jpg

800x565.jpg

800x565.jpg

800x565.jpg

800x280.jpg

800x287.jpg

More details, as usual, at Rebrickable and Sellfy.

Thank you very much @M_longer for the instructions! Much appreciated that you share your fabulous building skills by making instructions.