Eggyslav

Digital Builders vs. IRL Builders

Ok, before closing this thread that leads nowhere, exactly as all other threads about the subject, I'll make an answer.

First, I'll say that I've been an LDD builder for years, and posted a lot of digital MOCs that I considered like good builds... I didn't have much money at the time, and couldn't afford to buy Lego. What I learnt during those years is that people think that building digitally is easy and that it is kind of cheating. That was a fact back then, that's still a fact, you won't change it no matter how many time you talk about it. You have to accept it.

I started buying some sets, some piles of bricks on flea markets, get my old bricks back from my parents. And I started building with bricks. Now I have a good amount of bricks, a room almost dedicated to the hobby and a photo studio that cost me like 30€... But I still use LDD almost every day.

Anyway, being a real brick or an LDD MOC:

• posting in a subforum that isn't much frequented won't bring you lots of comments (try making Star Wars digital MOCs if you want views and comments ;) )
  • a bad MOC is a bad MOC (and the definition of bad will vary a lot between people)
  • a badly presented MOC is a badly presented MOC (having dirty floor or kitchen in the background or just a plain LDD screenshot)
  • nowadays, people post less and less comments (thanks facebook "like" button!)

My advice would be to take that time to render your MOCs with Bluerender. You said you don't want to spend some time to do some renders, but yet you spend time arguing in a topic that won't make anyone change his mind about digital MOCs. If you really want to change people's opinion on digital MOCs, start by presenting your MOCs in the best way, put some effort in them apart from "just" building the MOCs.