Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 10260 - Downtown Diner

On ‎2017‎.‎11‎.‎30‎. at 6:19 PM, ukblock said:

I think this is a designer video but I haven't received this email from lego. Does it tell you when we can watch the preview ? Cheers

Who's that man? He definitely isn't Jamie...

2 hours ago, Brick Lover said:

Who's that man? He definitely isn't Jamie...

I'm also curious about PRIVIEW NOW button. Isn't the video already available?

On 11/30/2017 at 11:47 PM, Skalldyr said:

Like this?

26976079069_bbe2df2d25_c.jpg

Perfect, yes - thank you! You just "sold" me two... ?

Also interesting to see different color combinations, in a way its quite good that only a few tiles have to be changed for a new looking facade. Might actually go for dark tan.

still not sure if i will include a corner or leave as per picture shown

I waited couple days before giving my opinion on the set. Least to say, it's complicated. I like it as a stand alone set very much. It's bold in style and differs from others that way. But that's what makes it great. On the other hand, the exterior of the first floor is amazing, the second and third are more ''bland''. It would look great as a corner or double in width (as photoshoped pictures show). I don't display my modulars in a row, but as single buildings, so ''not fitting with the rest'' is not an issue. I'm sure after seeing it being build it'll grow on me, and that it'll have some good parts or building techniques. But I can understant the mixed emotions from people seeing it. On the style, specially the Art Deco, I think the designers are more limited with the size/colors to make it a more Art Deco. MOCing the style as for example Snaillad did many times, the AFOLs have more freedom in part count, colours etc. It would be interesting to hear how the set evolved, to see the first models of the building and to compare it with the end product. For me, it's almost a must to buy, as the modulars brought me back to LEGO and are still my favorite to MOC. At this point I'm looking forward to the designer video to see perhaps even more details, and to see the parts list (to put or not to put an extra copy on my shopping list).

I changed the version of AllanSmith a little bit. I like pretty well the result. What do you think about it guys?

P.S. : Sorry for the bad editing, I didn’t work on it much :classic:

733108CF-0BE2-49E8-B285-A6B6ED530E50.jpeg

Edited by LegoModularFan

19 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

Thanks for the last picture. It gave me an idea for a Drive In Diner for my recent truck and car MOC's

Dang, that's pretty cool! *oh2*

3 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

I changed the version of AllanSmith a little bit. I like pretty well the result. What do you think about it guys?

P.S. : Sorry for the bad editing, I didn’t work on it much :classic:

733108CF-0BE2-49E8-B285-A6B6ED530E50.jpeg

Nice one, I like the look of the diner without the stairs on the side but would probably still add the other floors on top 

cheers

On 12/2/2017 at 11:43 AM, AllanSmith said:

Thanks for the last picture. It gave me an idea for a Drive In Diner for my recent truck and car MOC's.

drive_in_diner.jpg

Now this looks more like a 50's diner. Back then they were single story structures.

i may have to build something like this... Thanks for the inspiration!

Andy D

There are many diners incorporated into multistory buildings.

I am currently leaning towards buying 2, I'm just not sure if I want to make the ground floor symmetric or just have one huge diner window with a door to one side. I'd also like to see how it looks with white instead of tan for the upper floors...

10 minutes ago, LegoSjaak said:

It is on SAH now.. at least on the Dutch site... https://shop.lego.com/nl-NL/Diner-in-de-stad-10260

It also says purchase is limited to 3 per household....

Atleast you can make a double building :P

Also, again a modular building is more expensive in the Netherlands than Germany, and even 20 Euros! o.O

Kinda dissapointing, since there's no single reason why there's such a price gap between these two neighbouring countries :sceptic:

same for Belgium, so as usual I'll go buying it in France (Lille) where it is 10€ cheaper than Belgium (but still 10€ more than Germany)

22 minutes ago, antp said:

same for Belgium, so as usual I'll go buying it in France (Lille) where it is 10€ cheaper than Belgium (but still 10€ more than Germany)

And how much you are going to spend on the trip to France? If it is more then 10 Euro...then you can do the math.

55 minutes ago, street87 said:

And how much you are going to spend on the trip to France? If it is more then 10 Euro...then you can do the math.

In my case, it would save me 40 euros, BUT...it is over an hours drive.. so, besides the cost of fuel, it would cost me parking-fee and, more important.. about 3 hours of precious time which i can also spend on my kids... There is also a point of if it will be available in the store.. not sure if they do any reservations... and the risk of getting a speeding ticket on the 'Deutsche Autobahn' :grin:

And for two sets, i will get 40 VIP-points extra...:laugh:

Edited by LegoSjaak

1 hour ago, street87 said:

Just for the principle :p

Usually I go for a gain of at least 20€, as the trip costs me a little less than that (and there is the fun of the trip) ; also it is the opportunity to get parts from the PaB wall. I'll maybe get the Saturn set (Ideas) at the same time, also 10€ cheaper.

I once went to Germany, to get the Ghostbusters HQ + the Brick Bank, total = 70€ saved, the trip cost me less than that, and there is the fun of driving at 170 km/h on the unlimited sections of the autobahn :)

I always call by phone just before leaving, to be sure they have stock or to put one on the side in case they do not have many left. I usually go in the week, when there are not too many people in the store.

Edited by antp

7 hours ago, street87 said:

This is also assuming that they are only making the trip for the purpose of buying one thing.  If there are multiple items involved, the drive/train ride is not too far, and possibly another reason or two for going exists, then it might be worth it.  Several people on the boards have stated they wanted to buy multiple copies of the modulars to make larger ones, so it could be worth the effort for some to make the trip.  

I also waited a couple of days before giving my opinion. When I saw the leaked picture I wasn't exactly excited. But I have to say it grew on me with time. My biggest concern still is the design, because you really have to think about where to place it in you modular city. Like said before it will fit PC, DO and FB quite well and this is where I see it:

24965963678_e438c437ae_c.jpg

I honestly can't see it next to PR, even though the two staircases may match eachother, because the architecture is just too different.

Regarding the car: I really don't like it. The proportions are almost as strange as the limousine from PC.

But still: I'll buy it at the first (well, second) day, because I want to keep our collection complete.

Edited by GCO

Here's my take on the 10260 - Dowtown Diner in LEGO Digital Designer (LDD) before instructions are available.
I'm hoping the model is helpful for those of you wanting to make modifications or put it side-by-side with other Modular Buildings.

LXF File (LDD 4.3.10 - brickset 2248.1)

10260_-_small.png

My apologies but I've had to take a lot of liberties since either certain parts are not in LDD or the pictures made available don't cover certain angles.
I've tried to make out which pieces would be used based on those images - including the parts list on the top of the box.
Because of this (and because this isn't based off of official instructions) I'm not even going to attempt compiling an errors list.

Hopefully someone out there finds this useful.

8 minutes ago, lomis said:

Here's my take on the 10260 - Dowtown Diner in LEGO Digital Designer (LDD) before instructions are available.
I'm hoping the model is helpful for those of you wanting to make modifications or put it side-by-side with other Modular Buildings.

LXF File (LDD 4.3.10 - brickset 2248.1)

10260_-_small.png

My apologies but I've had to take a lot of liberties since either certain parts are not in LDD or the pictures made available don't cover certain angles.
I've tried to make out which pieces would be used based on those images - including the parts list on the top of the box.
Because of this (and because this isn't based off of official instructions) I'm not even going to attempt compiling an errors list.

Hopefully someone out there finds this useful.

I think Lepin will find this extremely useful.  J/K.  I think it's awesome people in this community are capable of this and able to share their hardwork.  It also goes back to the point that people can successfully engineer sets from pictures alone.  I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with from your effort here.  My main question would be approximately how many 1x2 tiles were used on the facade if people (like me maybe) are inclined to use a different color.

I like this set a lot! :wub: In my opinion, this is finally something different for a modular house. Sure, it doesn't go very well with the other houses, but hey, surely you can fill the rest of the street yourself by now! :laugh: it does look like a stand alone set, though. it's hard to imagine a street in this style without it becoming too boring. So it could be at a square or next to a highway or something. Next thing would be a gas station and a parking lot :laugh:

I'm definitely buying one of these and filling it with fallout characters!

I think there needs to be a car park on the left hand side though otherwise the window and the 'roof' of the first floor will look silly, in my opinion.