Type: Medium Factory

Agnes angrily stomped all the way over to the next WTC factory

38678498952_24869477f0_z.jpgGunpowder Factory by North White, on Flickr

Pete Zanzibar stood outside.

"Madam Mesabi! Have you come to inspect our factory!" Asked Pete Excitedly

"This the Gunpowder one or the Bottle one?" Asked Agnes

"The Gunpowder one, madam." 

24837933868_7abafc6a64_z.jpgGunpowder Factory by North White, on Flickr

"Perfect, just the one I was looking for. And let me remind you, I'm not drunk, I just drank enough to keep my nerves steady." Said Agnes. She dropped the two muskets by some empty barrels.

"Well, I'll just show you inside, so you can see everything!" Said Pete, nervously

38710652281_ae850fdefd_z.jpgGunpowder Factory by North White, on Flickr

"Gunpowder is made of three ingredients. Sulfur, Saltpeter, and Charcoal. We have to import in the Sulfur, but the other to ingredients are manufactured here." Pete Paused.

"But, unfortunately, we have to have a Corrington officer to watch everything for safety reasons." Said Pete.

"Hey now! Let's see you do this job as well as I do." Said the Corrish Officer

37822986085_25efaf2d93_z.jpgGunpowder Factory by North White, on Flickr

"All you do is tell us how much of each ingredient gets dumped in a barrel from that cheat sheet!" Yelled Pete back

"Yeah, but I'm certified to read the cheat sheet. Are you?" Said the Officer Smugly. 

"No... Moving on. We dump barrels of Urine into sand to make saltpeter."

24837933268_0302b095e7_z.jpgGunpowder Factory by North White, on Flickr

"So that's what that smell is..." Muttered Agnes.

"Yes, that reminds me can we build a scented candle factory next? Or perfume?" Asked Pete.

"I'll think about it." said Agnes, rolling her eyes.

"Next, we make charcoal. We do this in that room over there." Pete motioned to a small room off to the side of factory.

24837933808_926531b97d_z.jpgGunpowder Factory by North White, on Flickr

"And finally, we combine the sulfur, the saltpeter, and the charcoal, in a big vat."

37993170004_51bfb1b91b_z.jpgGunpowder Factory by North White, on Flickr

"And we just take the powder out and put in buckets." Finished Pete.

"Great great great... Can I borrow some?" Asked Agnes drunkenly.

"Why?" Asked Pete.

"Agnes needs to go shoot someones." Agnes burped loudly.

38710652161_61836fe481_z.jpgGunpowder Factory by North White, on Flickr

"Uh, I guess... I don't think we have that caliber of ammunition here though, we're using a different type for the advanced rifles."

Agnes sighed loudly. "Why is everything so hard!"

26934950599_b9a26eda56_z.jpgGunpowder Factory by North White, on Flickr

She kicked open the door, and left in a huff.

FIN

Thanks for viewing my third factory of the month. I tried to recreate the process of making gunpowder to the best of what the internet says. Hopefully it looks different enough then the last one I did. I made this one bigger and tried to fill the area fully. 

@Ayrlego I could probably build one more for Jameston to license. I'd really like to do a Musketball factory to end the story arc. 

As usual, C&C appreciated.

14 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

@Ayrlego I could probably build one more for Jameston to license. I'd really like to do a Musketball factory to end the story arc. 

That's cool by me - you should build whatever motivates you the most, so if you'd like to do a musket ball factory, go right ahead! If you do, hold off on licensing a couple of days until Decemeber so that you can benefit from the income.

Again, great job on the production process and the interior here looks much less stark! The dialogue is up to your usual hilarious standards - I hope for the sake of the foreman in the previous build that Agnes doesn't find any musket balls.

5 hours ago, Mesabi said:

"Uh, I guess... I don't think we have that caliber of ammunition here though, we're using a different type for the advanced rifles."

Just for your interest (and ignore me if you already know this!) But troops of the era almost exclusively carried muskets, which differ from rifles in that the barrel is smooth bored. Rifles were used for hunting, and later were introduced by some nations for light troops (eg Britain's 95th and 60th Rifle Regiments - you should read the Sharpe series by Bernard Cornwall if you are interested in the Napoleonic wars). Rifle barrels had grooves spiralling down the inside which made the shot much more accurate, but took longer to load. Most armies didn't introduce rifles as standard until the mid 19th century. Anyway, just me being pedantic! 

As with the other one, I'll pay your incentive tonight, let me know when you license it.