Falconfan1414

Lego Powerpuff Girls 2018

Well according to just2good and brickset, we are getting 2 lego powerpuff girls sets in 2018. They are 41287 Bubbles Playground Showdown and 41288 Mojo Jojo Strikes. Im very interested to see these sets especially the Mojo Jojo figure.

Hmm, didn't see that coming. :wacko:

Well, this would be the third yet-to-be confirmed new theme that we are expecting for the second half of 2018, the other two being the Unikitty TV show theme and that enigmatic constraction theme we heard about awhile ago.

I am so excited for these sets! I hope Adventure Time gets its own theme as long as Cartoon Network is open to making more AT merchandise after its series finale.

Here's the particular video where @just2good had talked about this:

You know though, the thing is, doesn't only two sets seem awfully small for the premiere wave of a new theme? I know there were the two sole sets done for The Last Airbender theme back in 2006, but still... :sceptic:

Ohhh boy, this is great!

I hope they'll be a HIM minifigure!

Image result for powerpuff girls him gif

Oh but just2good said those set numbers belong to the minidolls line.

But I don't think those will be minidolls. Heck, I'm not even sure those will be 100% minifigures. I guess the PPG will have a new molded body, similar to the one Maggie Simpson had. 

Edited by Robert8

Wait a minute, is there perhaps a chance these two sets could belong to the Juniors theme? Or, do their set numbers not fit within the known set numbers we are aware of for 2018 so far?

22 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's the particular video where @just2good had talked about this:

You know though, the thing is, doesn't only two sets seem awfully small for the premiere wave of a new theme? I know there were the two sole sets done for The Last Airbender theme back in 2006, but still... :sceptic:

That was because LEGO started a test between SpongeBob SquarePants and Avatar: The Last Airbender, and the former was successful enough to spawn more sets. There may be more PPG sets than just those two.

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well according to just2good and brickset, we are getting 2 lego powerpuff girls sets in 2018...

Interesting... I had just barely been told this by a friend of mine who is known to be somewhat accurate a day or so ago; to be honest, I didn't believe him. Maybe I should start listening. 

Those don't sound like any sort of crazy detailed or complex sets, which may fit the target audience... that said, I'll be interested in seeing how they translate that one. It's all part of the magic of LEGO® :) Now, as far as those set number go - I don't believe that those would be Juniors sets. I may be mistaken, but I'd hazard a guess that any set that doesn't begin with 101... will not be a 2018 Juniors kit. My thoughts on the matter, at least.

Edited by Azani

I haven't watched much of either of the Powerpuff Girls series, but it's nice to see that LEGO is willing to expand on some of the licenses they used in Dimensions.  I also hope they make a couple sets for Adventure Time, with all the potential for sets and minifigures that the series has which Dimensions barely scratched the surface of.

I'm so excited for this! The modern Powerpuff Girls reboot seems to be popular, while the classic Craig McCracken version of The Powerpuff Girls cartoon (where it all began) will be celebrating its 20th anniversary milestone in November 2018. This could be my chance to add some sugar, spice and everything nice to my LEGO collection!

I hope we get Professor Utonium's house:

"classic PPG" version:

latest?cb=20141106225455

"modern PPG" version:

latest?cb=20160616162813&path-prefix=es

With the death of dimensions, they maybe have thought to use these expensive moulds once more to get their money back. 

Of course Ppg are not only for girls, but it is a bit of a girlish theme, and i am glad that there will be a girly theme without minidolls, but just with minifigs. (I mean those ppg heads on minidolls would look so wrong).

if lego chooses to use other dimensions themes for a few sets i hope just like others for some adventure time sets (to give us ice king and princess bubblegum), for a gremlin set (to give us a few extra gremlins) and an A-team van

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Ohhh boy, this is great!

I hope they'll be a HIM minifigure!

Oh but just2good said those set numbers belong to the minidolls line.

But I don't think those will be minidolls. Heck, I'm not even sure those will be 100% minifigures. I guess the PPG will have a new molded body, similar to the one Maggie Simpson had. 

I would love a HIM figure as well, but that probably won't happen because of the Lego policy. On the other hand we got the cute little devil in series 16 so who knows.

Anyway a minidoll ppg theme doesn't sound too farfetched. The ppg themselves looked odd next to other minifigures. Especially next to professor Plutonium.

Can't wait to hear more about this theme.

If they're releasing sets based on the current Powerpuff Girls cartoon, I think they'll redesign Bubbles' hair to include the little blue hairbands in her pigtails, something they forgot to include in her Dimensions counterpart.

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I would love a HIM figure as well, but that probably won't happen because of the Lego policy. On the other hand we got the cute little devil in series 16 so who knows.

Anyway a minidoll ppg theme doesn't sound too farfetched. The ppg themselves looked odd next to other minifigures. Especially next to professor Plutonium.

Can't wait to hear more about this theme.

I don’t think Him will affect the LEGO policy since there was that Series 16 child minifigure dressed up as a devil you mentioned, plus Him also made an appearance in LEGO Dimensions. Therefore, a Him minifigure is a possibility.

Wouldn't it be interesting to learn that actually these two sets are part of a broader Cartoon Network theme? I would definitely like to see something like that as opposed to a one off theme that would eventually expire into irrelevance after the show winds down.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Wouldn't it be interesting to learn that actually these two sets are part of a broader Cartoon Network theme? I would definitely like to see something like that as opposed to a one off theme that would eventually expire into irrelevance after the show winds down.

I’d love to see more LEGO Cartoon Network themes, especially Classic CN shows like Ed, Edd n Eddy and Courage the Cowardly Dog!

Just now, MatthewRC said:

I’d love to see more LEGO Cartoon Network themes, especially Classic CN shows like Ed, Edd n Eddy and Courage the Cowardly Dog!

I like when themes are more broadly encompassing, in the same way the DC and Marvel Super Heroes themes are. That way, the theme will live on longer past the expiration of a particular show or franchise when a studio or media conglomerate moves on to other experiments. And yeah, one off sets can be done for classic franchises and newer small scale productions that otherwise would not be viable alone as a theme in as itself.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I like when themes are more broadly encompassing, in the same way the DC and Marvel Super Heroes themes are. That way, the theme will live on longer past the expiration of a particular show or franchise when a studio or media conglomerate moves on to other experiments. And yeah, one off sets can be done for classic franchises and newer small scale productions that otherwise would not be viable alone as a theme in as itself.

I hope a LEGO Cartoon Network theme happens if the PPG theme is a success, although it would require LEGO to make more licensing deals with Cartoon Network.

If LEGO ever makes a Professor Utonium minifigure, should he have the long minifigure legs used for Woody and Jessie from the Toy Story theme in 2010? The same should apply to the villain HIM.

Well, this is both exciting and frustrating. I recently picked up the PPG dimensions sets 50% at Best Buy. But with a whole theme of them, unless they change the figure, now I will have duplicates and money wasted. I guess I'll wait and see how they look when the time comes. I'd love a Him also.

23 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

Well, this is both exciting and frustrating. I recently picked up the PPG dimensions sets 50% at Best Buy. But with a whole theme of them, unless they change the figure, now I will have duplicates and money wasted. I guess I'll wait and see how they look when the time comes. I'd love a Him also.

Likewise. I’m hoping for new facial expressions; the Dimensions figs seem a bit bland. Let’s have Blossom and Bubbles with proper smiles (and Buttercup with a good scowl!)