Falconfan1414

Lego Powerpuff Girls 2018

1 hour ago, MatthewRC said:

Can’t wait to get a more clear look at Mojo Jojo!

He looks pretty similar to the Mojo from Dimensions. Might be exactly what we’re getting. 

Anyways, both sets look fairly cheap with is nice. I despise the new PPG but I’ll probably pick these up anyways. I prefer the playground set over the other in terms of design. 

An actual full blown Cartoon Network them sounds like a dream. I don’t know how realistic it would be, however. A lot of characters from certain shows would need specially molded heads to look accurate, (Courage, Gumball, Billy and Mandy) so maybe a CMF series like the Simpsons? But then other shows have the potential for some really interesting sets (Steven Universe, Ed Edd n Eddy, Kids Next Door, Dexters Lab) so it’s a toss up. And would the Ed’s need molded heads or would Black Panther type caps work? Same with Dexter, molded head or could he look good with a unique glasses and hair combo piece?

If anything, I’d expect Adventure Time and Teen Titans Go! to receive sometime soon. The latter (sadly) has a higher chance since DC is already so beloved by Lego and they have a theatrical film coming up. 

These sets are fine. Not awful, but fine. Mojo is definitely the best thing to come out of them. I don't really have an interest in purchasing either. Can't wait to see the Unikitty! sets, though!

12 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Umm...so we sure this ain’t a Juniors theme? :tongue:

It should be, as those builds just look so juvenile. But, nonetheless, the sets' age range is suggested for six to twelve year olds. :def_shrug:

I don't really care about this license or franchise, but, I hope this theme doesn't begin and end with only these two sets, because otherwise Avatar will end up having company. 

4 minutes ago, sander1992 said:

I think that these two will be the only sets for the theme. :sceptic:

Yeah, they do sort of feel a little half arsed, like the builds are afterthoughts to minifigs they already had designed for Dimensions.

4 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

Yeah, they do sort of feel a little half arsed, like the builds are afterthoughts to minifigs they already had designed for Dimensions.

These sets were designed by Lego trying to get every drop they could out of the licenses they had for dimensions 

That Mojo Jojo could be good. The other set is not really my cup of tea. Too much random stuff and not interesting figures. I have to buy some of these for my wife, so i think i’ll buy the dimensions set with blue and pink one, and the mojo jojo set with green (and the pink one) and even an unicorn. So i’ll have all the cute stuff and mojo jojo and i can play their world in dimensions: win win win.

Strange that they went for princess morbucks instead of the Mayor btw

52 minutes ago, Borex said:

Strange that they went for princess morbucks instead of the Mayor btw

Probably because she is a villain, so it adds to the playability

Also, she is a child character, so it's more appealing for younger fans IMO

Edited by Robert8

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Probably because she is a villain, so it adds to the playability

Also, she is a child character, so it's more appealing for younger fans IMO

You may be right. I have never heard of her, but then again i never was a super big fan of the show. I did like the whole style they went for back in the days.

After googling their episodes i just found out that the purple squid from the dimensions set is actually used by Him lol. I totally forgot about it. Him is probably too weird for Lego.

Dang, if it wasn’t for the figs, those sets look like they fell asleep in the 80’s and were recently woken up.

Incidentally the source for those on IG has been pulled.

I'm liking the sets already. The colors of the various LEGO elements are true to that of the 2016 incarnation of the cartoon.

We get in addition to the girls, Princess Morbucks, Mojo Jojo, Donny the Unicorn and Octi the Octopus.

On 2/10/2018 at 11:56 PM, Justin said:

I'm liking the sets already. The colors of the various LEGO elements are true to that of the 2016 incarnation of the cartoon.

We get in addition to the girls, Princess Morbucks, Mojo Jojo, Donny the Unicorn and Octi the Octopus.

And maybe Schedule-Bot as well. In Mojo Jojo Strikes, there is a robot on top of the building that looks like Schedule-Bot.

The setting of the first set, 41287 - Bubbles' Playground Showdown is the Townsville Midway Elementary School during a battle with Princess Morbucks on the playground, while the setting of the second set, 41288 - Mojo Jojo Strikes takes place in downtown Townsville during a battle with Mojo Jojo outside of a jewelry store and an ice cream parlor. Mojo Jojo appears to be driving his red convertible from the Winklegruff Gals episode of the current Powerpuff Girls incarnation.

On 1/10/2018 at 8:14 AM, sander1992 said:

I think that these two will be the only sets for the theme. :sceptic:

That is...unless these sets sell well...

:classic:

Hmmm Mojo looks ok

But Octi looks terrible, IMO. He needed a new mould for the body. It doesn't look like a stuffed animal

I'm surprised to see that Mojo Jojo has his head partially brick built, as Lego could have just have completely molded it all-in-one. Now I'm not familiar with the TV show, but is that for a reason, as so his brain can "grow" in size?

Also, lilac recolor of the tutu piece for Morbucks, if anyone ever needs that for something else.

6 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Let’s just say according to the official licensing announcement it seems we will get more powerpuff girl sets in 2019 as well

Well there better be, as I'd be annoyed if only two sets were released for an entirely new theme. It's not so much that I care about it, not at all really, but tiny fragmented lines just annoy me particularly.

Finally some pictures of the figures, even though we've seen half of them already...I'm disappointed that they Powerpuff Girls themselves are seemingly identical to their Dimensions counterparts, as it would have been nice to get some new face prints. 

On the others though, I'm really only happy with Mojo. Aside from his cape, which as those weird revamp-series Batman-style splits, he looks great. 

56 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm surprised to see that Mojo Jojo has his head partially brick built, as Lego could have just have completely molded it all-in-one. Now I'm not familiar with the TV show, but is that for a reason, as so his brain can "grow" in size?

In the original show, his brain does not grow more, but it initially grew so large that it protruded from his head--hence the domed cap he wears in battle. Interestingly I wonder if the set will included a pink 2x2 dome piece to depict his head without the helmet (I'm betting they won't bother, or care :hmpf_bad: ). But it's the thought that counts? 

I will say, I'm supremely disappointed with Princess Morbucks. Almost infuriatingly so--and especially so if these are the only two sets we do end up getting. Civilian clothes? Really Lego?! :facepalm: Why wouldn't they put her in her far more iconic and useful yellow-evil-reverse Powerpuff Girl uniform?! Uh! I hate when Lego makes just stupid choices. It undoubtedly took more effort to design and produce her civilian clothes than it would have to produce her iconic villain suit. Ridiculous choices Lego! 

Octi is like whatever, and I don't give a crap about Donny or any of that new-age revamp-series garbage. Classic series all the way. :thumbup: 

But whatever I'm gonna buy all the sets, and Lego knows that. :sadnew:   

18 minutes ago, MatthewRC said:

Does anyone know if LEGO will reveal more details on these PPG sets at San Diego Comic-Con this summer?

What is there left to reveal besides official set images? We have seen the minifigures and leaked set images for the two sets and unless there is an exclusively something we have seen everything we are going to get in August