Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR-FB2] Mesabi Muskets

Type: Medium Factory

Agnes and a WTC Elite walked to the edge of Jameston, where the new musket factory had opened. They had been told to only build their buildings on the edge of town for reasons everyone knew.

38651064766_7eb9458257_z.jpgMusket Factory by North White, on Flickr

Two Bored WTC Infantrymen stood in front of the factory.

"Woah Woah Woah" Said the First. "We're guarding this building. We don't need any of you elites around!"

"Yeah, Scram! We don't take your type here." Said the Second.

26931003369_031520526b_z.jpgMusket Factory by North White, on Flickr

Agnes sighed. "What is it with you grunts? Is someone jealous they aren't called elite?"

"No..." Said the first sheepishly.

"Good," Said Agnes smugly, "Trooper, stay out here and show them how to guard a building."

Agnes entered the building leaving the three soldiers to argue outside.

37989271744_cacfd371a5_z.jpgMusket Factory by North White, on Flickr

The Foreman greeted her. 

"Sorry for the delays, countess. We had some trouble constructing the building."

"All in good time, mr. foreman. Now, show me how this factory works."

"Of course!"

38674563742_56739626ff_z.jpgMusket Factory by North White, on Flickr

"First, Metal is pounded into the rough barrel of the gun."

37819150805_5fa53fa423_z.jpgMusket Factory by North White, on Flickr

"It's taken over to the furnace, where it's heated, sealing the cracks."

24834114148_100e1da65f_z.jpgMusket Factory by North White, on Flickr

"Once it's been forged, we let it cool over here."

38651065116_259b5bcc05_z.jpgMusket Factory by North White, on Flickr

"Meanwhile, we assemble the flintlock mechanism."

26931003219_e48875ee54_z.jpgMusket Factory by North White, on Flickr

38651064406_f8db8463c4_z.jpgMusket Factory by North White, on Flickr

38706817581_b2ea66faf6_z.jpgMusket Factory by North White, on Flickr

"Additionally, the stock is cut out of wood."

38651064036_74e6d75d95_z.jpgMusket Factory by North White, on Flickr

"All of the pieces are brought to the master craftsman at the crafting table."

37819151045_35d1ce487a_z.jpgMusket Factory by North White, on Flickr

38674563942_6f080d2692_z.jpgMusket Factory by North White, on Flickr

24834114138_26483284e2_z.jpgMusket Factory by North White, on Flickr

37819150815_d745662393_z.jpgMusket Factory by North White, on Flickr

"And the musket is assembled."

37989271374_da66d5fd97_z.jpgMusket Factory by North White, on Flickr

"Then we just package them."

38651065226_a074dbaa75_z.jpgMusket Factory by North White, on Flickr

26931003359_40897f2681_z.jpgMusket Factory by North White, on Flickr

"You see, we run an efficient and productive factory here in Jameston. And now that we're operational..."

Agnes cut the foreman off.

38651065206_916f35c496_z.jpgMusket Factory by North White, on Flickr

"Now that the factory is operational, I can put you out of your misery and put one of Mordo's men in charge." Said Agnes, with a rare smile.

"Did you just pull those out of the box there? Because those aren't loaded..." The foreman said calmly.

38674564042_eaebae60e7_z.jpgMusket Factory by North White, on Flickr

"Damnit."

FIN

Thanks for viewing my latest factory! I hope to get one more out before the month ends. I'll take my 200 Dbs, thank you.

C&C appreciated. I hope this is accurate enough for musket production. I'm not entirely sure how the barrels were made, so that part might be a bit off. 

Nice job taking us through the construction steps. I'm not sure about your barrel method either, but I like how you've represented the other steps, such as assembling the flintlock mechanism and the assembling table. Good use of those various bar clips and similar pieces. :thumbup:

Nice one! The collection of bits miraculously morphing into a functioning musket is my favourite! :pir-grin:

All in all a solid build. The front of the factory is a bit barren in my opinion. The "inside" section might look even better with some more seperation of room, meaning some walls and seperate rooms. Maybe an office for the administrative side of things and a storage room for the finished muskets?

My initial thought when only seeing the title was "cool, he is advancing the weapon production on Argentia!", with the cannon factory there. Set up something similar at home I say! Cascadia will provide the woods for even better musket barrels, and of course fuel the fires of the melting ovens. If you build something similar on a bigger base, with the expansions mentioned above, the whole thing could easily become a large factory for Mesabi Landing.

Your men would not like to get their megablock kicked by Mordo though. :pir_laugh2:

Mesabi, I can't see you pictures (i'm at work and flickr is blocked) or transfer your money (as are Google forms) however I will comment and pay you when I get home. 

If you are not too far into your second factory, I'll pay the same incentive for a artisan or commercial. Up to you!

32 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

If you are not too far into your second factory, I'll pay the same incentive for a artisan or commercial. Up to you!

If nobody else minds, I would take that "commerce" offer, I have a nice idea that I will build tomorrow. @Mesabi: medium artisan (Jameston needs two points worth) for you?

Nice job Mesabi, I like the attention to detail you paid with the production process. I'm not sure barrels were made like that, but it works for here! Drunknok pretty much covered the points I can think of for improvement - some dividers in the interior and some more vegetation/detailing on the exterior. I'll pay your incentives after I've finished commenting on both builds, let me know when you license them.