MAB

21314 - LEGO® TRON: Legacy

On 1/21/2018 at 6:44 PM, Quicksilver838 said:

They might use the piece introduced for Nakia in the Black Panther sets for the identity discs

I suppose they would make a decent substitute.

21 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Tron figures in the wild? Ignore the Corellian Hound at the bottom...

I would delete that photo I’m not sure your allowed to post leaked figures here

On 1/21/2018 at 7:36 PM, Whovastron said:

Lego Ideas have been officially said to never have new moulder parts due to budget as far as I’m aware. Doc Brown, Peter Venkman and the Doctor got hair from the  Dimensions budget, along with the sonic screwdriver for the Doctor.

Like most things in life, it’s a little more com0licated than that. You cannot propose a project that requires new parts or molds, or parts that are no longer in production. But  this restriction is on the Ideas participant. The in house design team that is generating the final product will know what new and upcoming parts are being designed or discussed and depending on circumstance may have input and access to the new parts. They will not create new molds for an Ideas set, but an Ideas set may on rare occasion get to use a new general purpose mold first. Such as with Venkman’s hair. You can see where Tron could easily benefit from this sort of thing. There might be a few parts intended for the Last now cancelled Nexo Knight sets that show up in the Tron set. Didn’t we also see a few parts originally intended for Alien Conquest wave 2, quickly show up in CMF’s? Like the Space Marine Armor? 

Short answer, the civilian that proposes the set can’t ask for new parts. The Lego designer can’t ask for new parts just for an Ideas set, but may be able to use upcoming as yet unrevealed parts, and may also be able to use the Ideas set as extra justification for a new part already being considered for something else. Does that make sense? 

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

Tron figures in the wild? Ignore the Corellian Hound at the bottom...

Yep, those are the guys we've seen around for a little while now from multiple leak sources, only that Sam Flynn isn't present in that picture particularly.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Ditto, as they're not necessarily figures from a set that has been put out for sale prematurely.

2 hours ago, Faefrost said:

Didn’t we also see a few parts originally intended for Alien Conquest wave 2, quickly show up in CMF’s? Like the Space Marine Armor? 

Really? *huh*

8 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Ditto, as they're not necessarily figures from a set that has been put out for sale prematurely.

I didn't think EB wasn't allowed to show any form of leaked or early release images anymore. I know confidential watermarked images are a no-go. If a mod wants it removed then I'll happily delete it or I'm sure they'll do it anyway.

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

I'm hoping the set contains 2 light cycles the "modern" Black one and the white "retro" one

I already had my mind set upon a final product including Sam and Rinzler's cycles, but come to think of it, that would be much better as a nice homage to both the original film and its sequel.

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I already had my mind set upon a final product including Sam and Rinzler's cycles, but come to think of it, that would be much better as a nice homage to both the original film and its sequel.

Sam does use flynns old cycle at one point in Legacy so i hope it gets included

9 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Even though both Tron and its sequel are, at the most, cult movies, I do wonder if the set alone will be popular enough to warrant a larger follow-up playset much like the Ghostbusters HQ.

But, I do suppose that we only got the HQ since there was a rejected Ideas project preceding it.

35 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Even though both Tron and its sequel are, at the most, cult movies, I do wonder if the set alone will be popular enough to warrant a larger follow-up playset much like the Ghostbusters HQ.

But, I do suppose that we only got the HQ since there was a rejected Ideas project preceding it.

I feel like it will be a one and done, hopefully it is good enough and reasonably priced to be a day one buy

2 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

I feel like it will be a one and done, hopefully it is good enough and reasonably priced to be a day one buy

I'm pretty certain that the set should be priced at between US $20-$30, judging on the size of the box the set designer is seen holding in the results announcement video. Any more than that just has to be overpriced, as I don't think the final product will end up exceed three hundred parts.

17 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm pretty certain that the set should be priced at between US $20-$30, judging on the size of the box the set designer is seen holding in the results announcement video. Any more than that just has to be overpriced, as I don't think the final product will end up exceed three hundred parts.

That sounds about right. Looking forward to this! I'm sure that my dad will love it as well. :)

11 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Anyone have an idea when the set is being released ?

I'm fairly certain that the Tron set will see its general release between April and June. On this one, my apologies for being unable to narrow that down further.

Edited by Azani

On 15/02/2018 at 3:37 PM, legosamsonite said:

That’s what I meant, the modern black light cycle from the “games” and then Flynn’s white one stored at his house off the grid

On 16.2.2018 at 12:39 PM, Azani said:

I'm fairly certain that the Tron set will see its general release between April and June. On this one, my apologies for being unable to narrow that down further.

For VIP's maybe a little earlier...

58 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The tron set is coming in April. Back of the April Lego calander confirmed it

I'm looking at the back of the April calendar right now, and I don't see anything. What am I missing?

8 minutes ago, BrickSantorum said:

I'm looking at the back of the April calendar right now, and I don't see anything. What am I missing?

You probably look at the march calender. There is a picture on Instagram from an Italian Store calender from April that says that a tron set is coming, but there is no picture and no price. Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, julesvincent said:

You probably look at the march calender. There is a picture on Instagram from an Italian Store calender from April that says that a tron set is coming, but there is no picture and no price. Hope that helps.

No, I'm looking at the U.S. April 2018 calendar, and there's nothing on it about the Tron set.

Julesvincent is right, I saw the same picture on instagram, it also showed the minifigure factory Promo.

Well, either they’re not releasing it in the U.S. in April, or they’re not promoting it on the April U.S. calendar, because that calendar is out for everyone to see, and there’s nothing about the Tron set on it. 

Any guesses on the price for this set? As there are probably 2 light cycles and 3 minifigures included, my prediction would be around $30,-/$35,-.